“Tuscan vineyard villa experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Podere Vignola

Podere Vignola
New York City, New York
“Tuscan vineyard villa experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We traveled to Italy early July and stayed in Apt. Toretta. The farmhouse is as advertised and was beautiful, clean and comfortable. Despite lack of A/C, the temps in the bedrooms remained comfortable. Potential guests should be aware that it not a short walk DOWN to the train station...which means it is a very LONG UPHILL walk back up (usually late and dark) through the vineyard. We quickly realized we needed a car. The small town (Sieci) closes up early so expect to go into Florence to eat your meals (if you are not cooking). The pool was a welcome relief early & late (after walking all day). The views are amazing...drive out onto the road and make a right to go further up the hill for even more amazing vistas!
Giovanni was very helpful and kind. We would definitely return and recommend this as an excellent value. The train ride is only 18-22 minutes into SMN station in Florence.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BrianJH14

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review before but I feel that I must after the amazing experience we had at Podere Vignola.
It was perfect! Giovanni and Filippo are kind, patient, and genuine. Every question I asked via email before we arrived was answered within minutes...no matter the time of day or night. I felt like I knew them before I arrived!
The apartment Loggia was beautiful and impeccably clean. We were provided with everything we could possibly need. The grounds were lovely and the setting magical. The photos you see are completely accurate.
My kids enjoyed coming back to swim and play ping pong after mornings of sightseeing. My husband and I felt that we could completely relax. Filippo and Giovanni were always available and clearly care very much about the happiness and well being of their guests.
I wish we could have stayed for weeks, and I know we will return. Grazie mille per tutti!
I recommend Podere Vignola highly. Do not hesitate to book...you will not regret it!!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lauren P
Goldendale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I, and my sister stayed for 5 days in apartment Fienile at the end of our multi-city trip to Italy. Our two bedroom apartment had a large patio with wonderful views out over the hills and fields. We enjoyed this same view out our large bedroom window while we sat in nice padded straight chairs, and sipped our morning coffee. We saw a deer and birds.The apartment, with kitchen and living room, was comfortable, quiet, well furnished, and had nice artwork. The pool was lovely. The cost was reasonable. The co-owner, Giovanni, was congenial and helpful, with the arrangements beforehand, and during our visit. We got our exercise walking through the vineyards, and into Sieci. Giovanni recommended restaurants, and the food was delicious. He drove us to and from town for our visit to Florence, 20 minutes away by train.We are recommending Podere Vignola to others we met earlier in our trip, and to anyone else who wants to visit Tuscany

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank campocortez22
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We enjoyed every second of our stay at this beautiful farm house in the vineyard. It is more beautiful than the pictures and quiet and peaceful. The house was clean, the host and his brother met us at the train depot and took my huge family in two cars to the farmhouse. I wish we lived here. I highly recommend this property. The host is professional and kind and the place was clean and beautiful. We will cherish these memories! Thank you Giovanni! Ciao, family Smith, Brian, Sharon, Levi, Jack, Ian and Owen and Jesper

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank WatercolorartistSGS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

With my friends we tried to find a cheap place near Florence to spend one night during our trip from Rome to Venice. No one expected what kind of place with nice price will be so beatiful! Great views, interiers, our room was equiped with everithing we need. Spent just one day but defenitelly will book this residense once again for a longer stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Дмитрий Р
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very nice rustic villa on the right Tuscan countryside, close to the vineyards. The friendly and helpful owner who speaks English. Although the villa is the first time some relatively hard to find, so the owner came to pick us up down town Sieci (approximately 3 km) and escorted us to the place. Unfortunately, we only stayed one night, next time we need more ...
I recommend, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dalibor K
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed for a week at Podere Vignola and we absolutely loved it! The farmhouse is beautiful and the view is breathtaking.

The apartment is very nice, quite large, clean, comfortable and exactly as advertised. It has a beautiful private patio outside, with an amazing view over a valley, where we took our meals everyday. The kitchen is very large and we were able to cook many elaborate meals. The farmhouse is very quiet and relaxing. Our kids just loved the pool! It is very big and clean and surrounded by vineyards and lavender bushes.

Giovanni is a great host, very nice and accommodating; he met us at the train station, so we could find the farm easily, and check in was very easy.

Our stay at Podere Vignola was the highlight of our trip to Italy. I highly recommend Podere Vignola and hope to come back again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nathlaroche
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontassieve
Relais Pian d'Ercole
Agriturismo Podere il Poggiolo
Villa d'Arte Agri Resort
Villa d'Arte Agri Resort
#1 of 10 in Pontassieve

Been to Podere Vignola? Share your experiences!