The Palm Garden Hotel
Worthing Court(Worthing)(Great Value!)
$125
$69
  • Pool
Coral Mist Beach Hotel(Worthing)(Great Value!)
$103
Yellow Bird Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
$195
$152
South Gap Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
$122
Rostrevor Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
$138
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort(Christ Church Parish)
$159
Blue Orchids Beach Hotel(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$114
Southern Palms(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
$180
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain roadlawrence gapfamous fish frynight watchmanhas everything you could needroom upgradequeen bedswimming poolfree wifibus stoppleasant place to staylucky horseshoeshort walkhundred yardsflat screen tvwould stay here againlots of places to eat
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Good budget option on an expensive island. Rooms were large and comfortable although bathrooms were dated. On site restaurant only opens for lunch and dinner but is also a good value choice with lunch around £6 and dinner £10. The daily specials are the highlight of the menu. Free wifi was good as well and seemed to cover all areas of the hotel.

Location is good - 3 minutes to the beach and just under 10 minutes to St Lawrence Gap with its multitude of (fairly expensive) restaurants and bars.

Would have been 5/5 if the pool had not been out of operation for all 6 days we spent here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank willgo79
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The place is beautiful. You really live in a palm garden! Staff is polite and helpful. Although air conditioning in my room worked very badly. The guard in the hotel was very inpolite. When I was leaving, taxi did not come and he did not even bother to help me! (It was dark night, no staff, just guard). And the problem was that there is absolutely no place near the hotel where you can find breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank chelpanova
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tomorrow we leave this wonderful hotel. We have fully enjoyed our time here. It has been a week and time does fly. The location is perfect, its quite, staff a super nice. Worthing beach across the way is a favorite. We shall return!

Room Tip: We had room 8 down the end- sweet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank itsworththedrive
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After having read other great reviews of The Palm Garden Hotel and having a relatively small budget to spend on a hotel, I decided to make a booking. I had stayed in Hastings before and knew that I preferred the south west coast of Barbados as a place to stay than the west coast. On arrival we were showed to our room which to be honest I found a little disappointing at first. It was a little on the gloomy side and a bit dated. However, as our stay progressed the positives were so strong that now I can only rave about the place. Starting with the property, we opted for the basic studio room. It was spotlessly clean and well stocked with table and chairs, two armchairs, double bed, TV, iron, a free large safe, air conditioning, chest of drawers and cupboards of providing tons of storage, kitchenette to include decent sized fridge with freezer panel and ready made ice provided, sink, washing up liquid and T-towel provided, microwave, two hobs, toaster, kettle, cutlery, pans etc. We also had a little lobby where we could store our suitcases and a large bathroom with toiletries. The hotel also provided us with a daily cleaning service and free beach towels.

The location is great, albeit it, not on the beachfront. It is on the main road but is set back a little and you can't see the road from the pool. It's only a couple of minutes walk to the local beach known as Sandy Beach which is a great place with no hassle from hawkers. The Carib Bar is there which opens from 11am and serves fantastic food and drinks at low prices. Another reviewer said that you had to hire a car if you stayed here but that simply isn't true. There are buses constantly running the length of the north west coast down to the south and you never have to wait more than a few minutes. At a flat rate of $2 barbados they will take you as far as you wish to go. You can get as far as Speightstown in the north to as far as Lord Sam's Castle or Silver Sands in the South. They also all go to Bridgetown, the capital, from where you can get other buses to practically anywhere on the island, also for $2 barbados per journey.

The staff at The Palm Garden really made our stay special. From the friendly, helpfulness of those working on reception, to the excellence of the cleaning staff to the gardeners and security staff. They all added to make our stay great. In particular, I would like to mention Katrina, Natalie and Cyrilene who all made an extra effort one way or another.

The pool also is great. It is large enough to have a proper swim in, there are plenty of sunbeds, it has an adjacent bar, is is surrounded by pretty trees and foliage and the thing I liked best about it was that invariably you had it to yourself.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 6 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gizelle_Johnson
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a late flight into Barbados before leaving early the following morning for the Grenadines. I was looking for a clean and comfortable room for an 8 hour stay, without spending too much and not far from the airport. The Palm Garden seemed to fit the bill and turned out to be just 10 minutes or so away. I notified the hotel that my arrival would be close to midnight. When I arrived, there was a security guard at the front desk who was none too welcoming or helpful. I filled out the appropriate paperwork and asked for a quiet room, as the nearby bar seemed to be generating a bit of noise. He pointed in the direction of what looked like an outbuilding and told me my room was "there". There was rather dark and I could not even see where I was to go. He did not offer to walk me to the room or turn on a light so that I could unlock my door. It turned out to be, more than likely, a finished garage building with one window overlooking a concrete wall and a cement alleyway with drainpipes. The room was ugly, the furniture old, bed coverings from the 70's and bathroom not overly clean. There was a large refrigerator in the middle of the room, which I finally had to unplug because the constant on/off cycling kept me awake. I was too tired to argue. Perhaps the main building is nicer, but next time I think I would prefer to sleep on a bench at the airport before returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank jt00187
Management response:Responded March 18, 2013

We are sorry that your brief stay with us was such an unpleasant one. We value feedback from both our short and long term guests, and based on that feedback, we continuously try to create a comfortable, secure and clean environment, one in which our guests can truly relax and enjoy themselves. Our security personnel are very accommodating to our guests, especially to those arriving at a late hour. Generally, all guests are greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival and accompanied to their rooms.
Unfortunately because of your brief stay, we were not given the opportunity to address your issues prior to this review.
To compensate for your discomfort, we have offered a complimentary stay which will give you the opportunity to experience warm hospitality in a tropical and peaceful environment for which we have become well-known in the Caribbean and across the globe.