“Eficient in good place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coral Mist Beach Hotel

Coral Mist Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Worthing
São J.Campos Brasil
“Eficient in good place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The room were adapt with a nice kicthen, and a balcony front to the beautifull sea! Clean and confortable. Hotel restaurant were expensive and bad. I don't recommend, make your breakfast, buying ingredients at closer market and cook at room. And others meals at Champer's restaurant pretty close to the hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank analaurak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excelent location, good hotel infra-structure and nice people. Don´t liked the restaurant and the street noise very close to the rooms. The beach in front is almost private and with good waves (not good for kids) but the view is wonderfull and the ocean breeze is fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to select a spot far from the HWY 7 that is a bit noise during the night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the first week of June and we had a great time.We had a studio apartment and the view was unbelievable,the room was a little tired but very clean and it had everything you needed ,the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure everything worked and the air condition was really quiet.I loved listening to the waves when I was going to sleep and we never really noticed the road noise at all.The restaurant was good for lunch we never used it in the evening,The price was reasonable and the flying fish was lovely.
Every member of staff that we met were super friendly the reception is always manned and where always happy to help. The location of this hotel is unbeatable on a lovely beach and next door to Champers and so easy to just jump on a bus and get anywhere .
We had a lovely relaxing week at Coral Mist and we will return again and again.

2 Thank rkaty
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have visited Barbados several times and like the freedom that a self catering option offers. The Coral Mist is ideally situated right on the beach and on the main coast road, the bus stop is right outside so it is easy to get into Bridgetown or St Lawrence Gap.

The hotel itself is small and cosy, the staff are great and really make an effort to make your holiday memorable, The hotel is a little bit tired but the staff and the location more than make up for it. Rooms are spacious, very clean and all have amazing sea views; we stayed in a studio (room 203) but next time we go we will book into a one bedroom apartment or the penthouse as they offer a bit more luxury at an affordable price.

We like to eat out in the evening when we are on holiday and there are loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance or a short bus ride away. Champers is a fantastic restaurant overlooking the sea and it is about 100 yards from the Coral Mist, there is also Mojos just over the road which serves gourmet burgers, just along the road is Bert's Bar and restaurant and there are a couple of beach bars just a short stroll away.

Security is very good at the Coral Mist, there is a security guard on duty 24 hours a day, reception is always staffed and they offer all guests free safety deposit boxes.

If you are looking for 5 star luxury then this isn't the hotel for you;, but if you are looking for a small hote, in an excellent location, that puts the customer first and offers value for money then I would recommend The Coral Mist.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the penthouse or one of the apartments - they are more spacious but stil...
4 Thank Shirley G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel location - between small safe sandy beach and main south coast road - light sleepers beware as there is constant noise from sea and occasionally the road. Staff - very friendly. Restaurant - small, limited fare, however, there are a number of good quality bars / restaurants to suit all tastes / pockets within easy walking distance. Good centre for a relaxing chilling holiday on this beautiful island.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norman P
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I absolutely love the island of Barbados & have visited many times over the years. Rather than go with the usual All Inclusive option I opted for self catering this time & did not regret it one bit. The Coral Mist is located on the main coast road between Worthing & Hastings & has lots of bars & restaurants within easy walking distance. The room granted was a little tired and dated but had everything you could possibly want for self catering, flat screen TV with some movie channels, comfy bed, clean bathroom, full kitchen with a huge fridge freezer (very handy for keeping all those Banks beers ice cold!) I stayed in a studio with a private balcony which looked over the beautiful beach and on the days when the sea was a little rough the pool was lovely to take a dip in. Reception staff are always happy to help & they also provide a free safety deposit box for your stay. Downside to this property is the sea can get a little choppy here & attracts jelly fish! The red flag was up a few days meaning we could not swim in the sea here. Don't let this put you off as within 5 mins there is a great beach next to the Tikki Bar which is a bit calmer & just over the road from the beach there is some great little places to grab a bite to eat such as Just Grillin & Subway. Here you will also see the start of the Boardwalk which runs right up to the SoCo Hotel. There are plenty of places to stop along the way including KFC, Tapas & Blakey's. Just next to the hotel is the amazing Champers restaurant offering fantastic food in a beautiful setting overlooking the sea & accross the road from The Coral Mist is Berts sports bar (lovely pizza & cocktails) & Mojo music bar (lovely burgers & strong drinks!) There is also a huge supermarket within 10min walk "Big B". If you are looking for value for money self catering in a great location then The Coral Mist is for you!

7 Thank Claire W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you are a chronic repeat offender of visiting Barbados like I am then you would appreciate my comments. My girlfriend and I decided to throw reason to the wind and meet up for a 6 day stay in Barbados. Since I stayed at the Coral Mist before and we were sharing the expense of the hotel we decided to book the Hilton executive suite just to stay someplace different. The stay at the Hilton was nice but there just wasn't anything "executive" about our room. It was a standard 2 bedroom with a bath located on the "executive" floor. More on that in my other review :-) We then booked the Coral Mist and stayed in the one bedroom apartment room 211. Not to be compared to the Hilton because they are entirely different (my comparison would be to the Crane where I also stayed) but Coral Mist is in a class by itself. Completely hassle free! You look over the balcony at the beautiful waters and you see the tourists just shooting the breeze with the friendly and beautiful staff there. I just felt my shoulders sink inch by inch. Now the Fun begins~~We flaged down David who was passing on the Jet Skis (he works out of the Hilton) was able to run down and had him take me on a Jet Ski Ride....I am free spirited but also very cautious and David was the most knowledgeable and professional person that I've met when going out on the waters. He made certain I felt safe and even caution others about their jet skis thats how I knew I was in good hands. very knowledgeable! You can just walk through the Hilton and find him on the beach. But he was passing by the Coral Mist and I waved him down.

During this trip I didn't want to be a tourist seeing the same sights and not really experiencing Barbados for its true beauty. I didn't want to plan one single excursion. I'm on vacation for crying out loud!! We went to Martin's Bay for some delicious fish. Since the Coral Mist has all the amenities of an apartment I was able to save my leftovers and warm them up for a night snack later that night. Next I went on a cruise on the Jolly Roger it was okay since the boat rocked so much I figure its best to stay sober :-) but when we got off the boat we went down baxters road and had a full container of fish, macaroni pie, green banana, stew chicken for $18 bds~ not a typo. Saturday was by far my favorite! We then found our way in St. Thomas at Lucky horseshoe...the other reviews could be correct about he standard of food but right next to the place was a tavern that sells Sing and Souce on Saturdays. Oh man I had the fried chicken necks, gizzards, fish cakes 2 orders, and 2 orders of pudding and souce $58bds. Then that night we frilled ourselves up and took in the Back In Time at the Plantation great, wonderful mature atmosphere $20bds. We purchased food when the event was finished and took it back to the hotel where we froze it and had it for dinner the next day. When we left Barbados we actually had money left over which is a royal first given how expensive everything was. Don't forget the Bar B que Pig tails :-). The hotel is so central that we got around without any problems and always knew someone who knew us were there to greet us on our return at any given hour! Thanks Coral Mist!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ANUME
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Butterfly Beach Hotel

Been to Coral Mist Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!