“Not 5 Star but Good”

Worthing Court
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Not 5 Star but Good”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Just returned from our holiday in Barbados staying at the Worthing Court Hotel. This is a really good base to explore Barbados. Only a small hotel but had a comfortable stay with everything we needed. The furnishings are a bit dated, but rooms cleaned daily with towels and bed linen changed regularly. Staff friendly and helpful. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the shower ..... not very powerful but managed ok. If you need a comfortable small hotel then you won't be disappointed with the Worthing Court. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julie123190729

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I almost hesitate to write this as I want to go back and do not want this lovely hotel to become too popular. But I am booked again for next year and want to sing it's praises.

I just returned from my second stay at Worthing Court. There are only 24 units and I stayed in the one bedroom suite. My friends can come for sleep overs and I can invite a friend from home to stay. I was there for one month. The atmosphere was so friendly, the restaurant great and Joy is a Joy and a terrific cook.I ate there every day she was opened. Three evening there is entertainment. So much fun!

Don't expect ocean views but expect a great staff, a fabulous location and many amenities within minutes walking. If you are an all inclusive type person then this is not for you. But if you want a 'home away from home' this hotel is just what you are looking for!1

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Anne19511231
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here a couple of years ago.
The staff in this hotel are great, really friendly and will do anything to help.
The rooms were nice and quite spacious. And the maids cleaning the room every day were very good.
We are in the restaurant for breakfast a few times and this was fine.
The location of this hotel is good for St. Laurence's gap and Accra beach. There is also a big supermarket behind the hotel.
Overall for the price this is a really good budget hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Dale H
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I asked for the quietest room they had months in advance and they put us right near the traffic. It was the slow season when we went and they were renovating the rooms in the back of the property where it was quieter. I wouldn't recommend staying there in the summertime. When I mentioned the noise and wanting to move the manager just said drink more and you'll be able to sleep better.

On the plus side Joy in the restaurant was very nice and the food was great. The other staff were nice as well. The beach is very close to walk to. There are lots of good restaurants around including Champers which is within walking distance. Champers was great.

Barbados is so awesome, you have to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AliFarmer10, General Manager at Worthing Court, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Honest_Aaron_Ca,

Firstly, we are so sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in the back block, away from the road. Our hotel was under renovations and had no other alternative but to accommodate our guests in the front block.

During your stay, I, the General Manager, was on maternity leave and the Assistant Manager, who constantly seeks to provide our guests with excellent customer service, would not say this to any of our guests. It is possible that another member of staff working at the front desk may have been mistaken for the Manager and I would certainly investigate this matter as this response you received is not acceptable.

Kindest Regards,
Alicia Farmer
Uttoxeter
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here from 13th to 20th Jan - it was a late deal booked through British Airways holidays. We were expecting friendly staff, basic accommodation and a chilled out week of lounging in the sun on lovely beaches - we got this and much more! Worthing Court is in just the right place - across the road is a lovely beach but at high tide there is no beach left to sunbathe on so best to avoid at these times for sunbathing purposes. We turned right out of the apartments on most occasions and walked the 5 minutes or so to Accra Beach which is fabulous. There is an excellent bar/restaurant called Mojo just to the right of the apartments with a fabulous atmosphere and a small but tasty menu. Berts Sports Bar is a little further down the road on the same side and this shows all live Premier League games if you're missing your sports. We paid the extra for a full breakfast each morning and it was well woth it. We ate our way through the breakfast menu during the week and it was all cooked superbly by Joy who also prepared special smoothies to keep us going a bit longer! We also stayed for one of the themed evenings which are really good value - again the food was superb with lots of local Bajan herbs used. At the back of the apartments is a very pretting shopping complex with a fab coffee/deli place called The Coffee Bean which we really enjoyed. There is also a huge supermarket which stocks all local produce and a lot of Waitrose goods (the prices are quite steep for these but if you are desperate for something British!!) All in all we were blown away by what we saw of the island and the people as this was our first visit to Barbados - I am currently begging my other half to book to come back again soon. We would stay here again without question - it's such good value.

Room Tip: We stayed in 102 so ground floor near the front of the property and closest to the road. To be hones...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Femaleram
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This Apartmenthotel is in a good situation. Supermarkets, postoffice, bank, petrolstation, busstop everything is just around the corner.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
The furniture in the apartment was old and the bathroom needs new taps, but ist was very clean. The beds were comfortable, but a bit to small ( I'm not the shortest). But for the price, we payed everything was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

"Welcome back family" - said the night manager, Chris
"Welcome home" - said the morning manager, Muriel.

After dealing with delayed flights, breaking a nail and smashing a cell phone, I had no space for negative feeling about those things after the warm welcomes I received! I live in a country where you can deal with the same person within 5 minutes and they don't remember you but all the staff at Worthing Court had me feeling at HOME, that's something money can't buy.

I requested and got a front block ground floor room - I know some prefer the back block but as I've mentioned before, traveling solo, I prefer the front block, plus the "sounds of late night Barbados" that may bother some, are great to me. As usual my room was very clean and welcoming. I discovered the bathroom tap to be loose - this was fixed within the hour. The fantastic house-keeping staff as always, maintain the room throughout my stay and always remain respectful of the property of guests.

The amazing Joy-Ann in the Hott Pott restaurant - listen, even if you do not stay here, go eat here!!!! I stopped eating meat since my last trip and the lovely Joy-Ann put together some beautiful meat free breakfasts for me. On top of which, I was fortunate enough to celebrate independence in Bim and the breakfast and lunch buffet's were worth EVERY penny. I brought my friend over to eat as she stayed elsewhere and she definitely enjoyed the food!

I can actually go on n on but the reality is, the proof is in the pudding - Book your trip n stay here!!!! This was my third stay and I'm hoping already hoping to book 2 for 2014, you never know, I may see you there.

A MASSIVE Thank You to ALL the staff and the lovely guests I met during my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StooshyMY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Butterfly Beach Hotel
#5 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Time Out Hotel
Time Out Hotel
#7 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Worthing Court? Share your experiences!