“Friendly accommodation in a perfect location”
Review of Worthing Court

Worthing Court
Uttoxeter
“Friendly accommodation in a perfect location”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here from 13th to 20th Jan - it was a late deal booked through British Airways holidays. We were expecting friendly staff, basic accommodation and a chilled out week of lounging in the sun on lovely beaches - we got this and much more! Worthing Court is in just the right place - across the road is a lovely beach but at high tide there is no beach left to sunbathe on so best to avoid at these times for sunbathing purposes. We turned right out of the apartments on most occasions and walked the 5 minutes or so to Accra Beach which is fabulous. There is an excellent bar/restaurant called Mojo just to the right of the apartments with a fabulous atmosphere and a small but tasty menu. Berts Sports Bar is a little further down the road on the same side and this shows all live Premier League games if you're missing your sports. We paid the extra for a full breakfast each morning and it was well woth it. We ate our way through the breakfast menu during the week and it was all cooked superbly by Joy who also prepared special smoothies to keep us going a bit longer! We also stayed for one of the themed evenings which are really good value - again the food was superb with lots of local Bajan herbs used. At the back of the apartments is a very pretting shopping complex with a fab coffee/deli place called The Coffee Bean which we really enjoyed. There is also a huge supermarket which stocks all local produce and a lot of Waitrose goods (the prices are quite steep for these but if you are desperate for something British!!) All in all we were blown away by what we saw of the island and the people as this was our first visit to Barbados - I am currently begging my other half to book to come back again soon. We would stay here again without question - it's such good value.

Room Tip: We stayed in 102 so ground floor near the front of the property and closest to the road. To be hones...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Femaleram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This Apartmenthotel is in a good situation. Supermarkets, postoffice, bank, petrolstation, busstop everything is just around the corner.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
The furniture in the apartment was old and the bathroom needs new taps, but ist was very clean. The beds were comfortable, but a bit to small ( I'm not the shortest). But for the price, we payed everything was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

"Welcome back family" - said the night manager, Chris
"Welcome home" - said the morning manager, Muriel.

After dealing with delayed flights, breaking a nail and smashing a cell phone, I had no space for negative feeling about those things after the warm welcomes I received! I live in a country where you can deal with the same person within 5 minutes and they don't remember you but all the staff at Worthing Court had me feeling at HOME, that's something money can't buy.

I requested and got a front block ground floor room - I know some prefer the back block but as I've mentioned before, traveling solo, I prefer the front block, plus the "sounds of late night Barbados" that may bother some, are great to me. As usual my room was very clean and welcoming. I discovered the bathroom tap to be loose - this was fixed within the hour. The fantastic house-keeping staff as always, maintain the room throughout my stay and always remain respectful of the property of guests.

The amazing Joy-Ann in the Hott Pott restaurant - listen, even if you do not stay here, go eat here!!!! I stopped eating meat since my last trip and the lovely Joy-Ann put together some beautiful meat free breakfasts for me. On top of which, I was fortunate enough to celebrate independence in Bim and the breakfast and lunch buffet's were worth EVERY penny. I brought my friend over to eat as she stayed elsewhere and she definitely enjoyed the food!

I can actually go on n on but the reality is, the proof is in the pudding - Book your trip n stay here!!!! This was my third stay and I'm hoping already hoping to book 2 for 2014, you never know, I may see you there.

A MASSIVE Thank You to ALL the staff and the lovely guests I met during my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StooshyMY
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Have just returned from Barbados. Had been a bit skeptical about tbis hotel as the package via BA was such amazing value. Need not have worried - quite basic, but clean and comfortable
Hot water, air conditioning, comfortable beds and everything we needed. Rooms cleaned daily and all the staff, without exception were very helpful. Hotel is very well placed - beach literally across the road and bus stop outside hotel. Beach towels on request and hospitality room available. We made ourselves breakfast each day and kept drinks, anacks infridge. Thank you Worthington Court we had a fab time and will definatly be back.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After reading a particularly negative review we booked this 3* aparthotel tentatively and was pleasantly surprised. On arrival there were a few hiccups with our room but they were swiftly dealt with, staff were warm, welcoming and offered excellent customer care. Our room was far larger than expected, beds very comfortable, kitchenette fully equipped, bathroom as it should be and air conditioning - an absolute must! There are laundry facilities onsite and charges for use are reasonable.

Couple of negatives - there are only bedside table lamps and at times additional lighting would have been useful as could a couple of extra sockets.

Breakfast was included in our package which was great, what was better was that we had several options including continental, full English plus a few others so all tastes were catered for. Joy Ann - the onsite restaurant owner offered a great menu for breakfast, lunch and evening meals, all of which were tasty, well prepared & presented; her service and warm manner certainly encouraged us to have more than just breakfast on site - all in all, an absolute pleasure.

Summing up, we will definitely stay there again as we felt valued and well looked after.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Yvonne632
Muriel L, Manager at Worthing Court, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Yvonne,
A warm thank you for sharing this lovely review! We are all so pleased that you had such a fantastic stay here with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly the attentive and splendid service provided by our Staff, including Joy in the restaurant. I will certainly pass on the compliments.......We will definitely take a look at the negatives and work on improving them.
We do look forwarding to welcoming you and your daughter back to the Worthing Court Hotel!!

Trinidad
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place was recommended by my niece, she did good. I enjoyed every thing. The breakfast choices were good (my favorite meal). Close to every thing yet the rooms were so quiet if you wanted to rest during the day after a long night parting you had no problem. Will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LIzP454
Muriel L, Manager at Worthing Court, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear LlzP454,

A big thank you to your niece for recommending us!!! We thank you also for taking the time out of your schedule to post a fabulous review on Trip Advisor. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve. We look forward to welcoming you back to Worthing Court Apt / Hotel.

Trinidad
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is my second stay at Worthing apts and it is great value for the money. Clean and everything is within walking distance. It's close to beaches, restaurants (close to the Gap), easy access to public transport. The staff are friendly and very accommodating.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TASHO123
Muriel L, Manager at Worthing Court, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Tash,

Thank you for staying with us again and for posting this fantastic review! It is heartwarming to know as always you had a comfortable stay and everything was easily accessible for you.
Thank you for the compliments for our staff and I will definitely pass it on. We are looking forward to having you stay with us a third time and always!

Muriel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Time Out Hotel
Time Out Hotel
#7 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Worthing Court? Share your experiences!