All reviewsacross the roadhospitality roomaccra beachsmall kitchenetteapartment hotelwithin walking distancetuesday nightbus stop rightst lawrence gapthe gapclean poolminutes walk awaylarge supermarketshort staybeautiful barbadosbars and restaurantseasy access
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Location is great...2 beaches very close by,
close to 2 groceries stores and car rental.
Rooms were clean and staff was friendly
Joy is a lovely lady he works in the kitchen there...she always started our mornings with yummy breakfasts.
Rooms are very dated...2 twin beds pushed together...my husband and I would roll apart at night...it was a bit annoying but we had a good laugh over it
For the price we paid I think we got a fair deal. The rooms have a small kitchen with stove, microwave and fridge...utensils, pots/pans/dishes etc were all there.
Safe area day/night with several restaurants within very easy walking distance...5-10 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Everhale
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay, must say agree with majority of reviews, Value, location and friendly helpful staff. Close to all amenities and beautiful beaches in very short proximity.
Bus stop outside is convenient, supermarkets, cash points , all very close - a hundred
metres or so.
The decor could do with updating but all aircon and electrics worked, rooms functional comfortable and clean, well stocked with all kitchen utensils for self catering. Ate once in the restuarant, food was good and entertainment also. Great value last minute holiday and can see why people return time and time again - Base here to see the beauty of Barbados and you cant go far wrong!

Room Tip: Worthing B is further back from road and is quieter, stayed in block A also - slightly more road noise on balcony. The suite is a fantastic size for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joeandwife
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in Worthing Court in May 2012. I was lucky to get a 40% off deal on the rate at that time so considering the price paid, I'd say the hotel was a great value.

PROS: Pool. Very close to main road and public transport. Beaches, restaurants, bars and supermarkets within 5 mins walk. Wifi available at extra cost. Clean modern rooms with small kitchenette and small fridge.

CONS: Debatable… For me, the hotel ambiance was not very conducive to relaxing as the grounds are very small and the pool and restaurant are too close to each other. But, I'm being nit-picky in the aforementioned. Someone else may find the grounds and ambiance just fine. I spent most of my time outdoor sight seeing than in the hotel.

Since I got the room at a highly reduced rate compared to the regular rates, my stay at Worthing was more than acceptable. However, if back on the same rate structure on par with its competitors, Worthing Court may not be my first option next time I visit Barbados.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy and quiet, ask for a room on the side of the hotel that is furthest away from the hotel parking lot and main road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fantastic hotel for the price. Stayed in Sept 2012. Upgraded to largest room with separate kitchenette and sitting room. Had all the amenities that we could have wished for.
Plenty of space in the suite. Booked B & B so didn't use the cooking facilities but made great use of the fridge freezer for chilled drinks. Air conditioning in the bedroom was fantastic.
Best bit about the holiday was Joy's breakfasts - oh, oh, oh, that cinnamon French toast - yummilicious :)
Staff were great. All friendly, helpful when needed but not at all intrusive.
A bit disappointed with the standard of cleaning. Was expecting it to be spotless as per the previous reviews but unfortunately the toilet cleaning was lacking and it was quite dusty round skirtings etc - it was clean enough but could have been much better. Only reason I've given 4 instead of 5 out of 5.
Loved the location for beach access, buses, taxis, ZR's. local shops, bars. The Gap is walking distance and Oistins a ZR or bus away (15 mins).
This is our second visit to Barbados. First time was West coast - had a great introduction to the island and it's people. Having now stayed at the South coast - we won't stay anywhere else. The weather is better, beaches are better, entertainment is better, watersports, restaurants, bars etc are cheaper.
Having said all that I think that the South coast in peak season would be just too busy for us - just too 'mad' so we now know to stay there when it's quieter.
All in all makes for a better all round holiday. We had a fantastic time and the Worthing Court is a great budget base from which to enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Suites are definitely worth it for the extra space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bo-Dawdley
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Standard room was bigger than I thought from hotel's website photos. Room was clean and functional. Nothing to complain at all. WiFi was not slow at all. Staff ( everyone ) was ever so friendly and helpful. Restaurant was serving excellent food for a very reasonable price. We loved the location; close to the bus-route, shops, beach and restaurants. Many cheap takeaway places also located in neighbourhood. Our room had a kitchenette, large fridge / freezer, microwave, oven, enough dishes, safety, hairdryer...we did enjoy watching cats, birds and monkeys from big balcony on the 3rd floor. I slept well and no noise was disturbing us at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family