“Great value, excellent Location, great staff”
Review of Worthing Court

Worthing Court
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay, must say agree with majority of reviews, Value, location and friendly helpful staff. Close to all amenities and beautiful beaches in very short proximity.
Bus stop outside is convenient, supermarkets, cash points , all very close - a hundred
metres or so.
The decor could do with updating but all aircon and electrics worked, rooms functional comfortable and clean, well stocked with all kitchen utensils for self catering. Ate once in the restuarant, food was good and entertainment also. Great value last minute holiday and can see why people return time and time again - Base here to see the beauty of Barbados and you cant go far wrong!

Room Tip: Worthing B is further back from road and is quieter, stayed in block A also - slightly more road noi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joeandwife

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in Worthing Court in May 2012. I was lucky to get a 40% off deal on the rate at that time so considering the price paid, I'd say the hotel was a great value.

PROS: Pool. Very close to main road and public transport. Beaches, restaurants, bars and supermarkets within 5 mins walk. Wifi available at extra cost. Clean modern rooms with small kitchenette and small fridge.

CONS: Debatable… For me, the hotel ambiance was not very conducive to relaxing as the grounds are very small and the pool and restaurant are too close to each other. But, I'm being nit-picky in the aforementioned. Someone else may find the grounds and ambiance just fine. I spent most of my time outdoor sight seeing than in the hotel.

Since I got the room at a highly reduced rate compared to the regular rates, my stay at Worthing was more than acceptable. However, if back on the same rate structure on par with its competitors, Worthing Court may not be my first option next time I visit Barbados.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy and quiet, ask for a room on the side of the hotel that is furthest away fr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fantastic hotel for the price. Stayed in Sept 2012. Upgraded to largest room with separate kitchenette and sitting room. Had all the amenities that we could have wished for.
Plenty of space in the suite. Booked B & B so didn't use the cooking facilities but made great use of the fridge freezer for chilled drinks. Air conditioning in the bedroom was fantastic.
Best bit about the holiday was Joy's breakfasts - oh, oh, oh, that cinnamon French toast - yummilicious :)
Staff were great. All friendly, helpful when needed but not at all intrusive.
A bit disappointed with the standard of cleaning. Was expecting it to be spotless as per the previous reviews but unfortunately the toilet cleaning was lacking and it was quite dusty round skirtings etc - it was clean enough but could have been much better. Only reason I've given 4 instead of 5 out of 5.
Loved the location for beach access, buses, taxis, ZR's. local shops, bars. The Gap is walking distance and Oistins a ZR or bus away (15 mins).
This is our second visit to Barbados. First time was West coast - had a great introduction to the island and it's people. Having now stayed at the South coast - we won't stay anywhere else. The weather is better, beaches are better, entertainment is better, watersports, restaurants, bars etc are cheaper.
Having said all that I think that the South coast in peak season would be just too busy for us - just too 'mad' so we now know to stay there when it's quieter.
All in all makes for a better all round holiday. We had a fantastic time and the Worthing Court is a great budget base from which to enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Suites are definitely worth it for the extra space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bo-Dawdley
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Standard room was bigger than I thought from hotel's website photos. Room was clean and functional. Nothing to complain at all. WiFi was not slow at all. Staff ( everyone ) was ever so friendly and helpful. Restaurant was serving excellent food for a very reasonable price. We loved the location; close to the bus-route, shops, beach and restaurants. Many cheap takeaway places also located in neighbourhood. Our room had a kitchenette, large fridge / freezer, microwave, oven, enough dishes, safety, hairdryer...we did enjoy watching cats, birds and monkeys from big balcony on the 3rd floor. I slept well and no noise was disturbing us at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank nadlap
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I knew exactly where I would be staying. Knew it was not beach side. Knew it was close to all amenities. I knew I would have to cross the street to get on the beach. Not Accra or Dover, but a peaceful, quiet stretch of beautiful ocean. A short walk to Sandy Beach, where locals and tourists come to swim in a shallow calm bay and where turtles abound. No loud music or all inclusive style "hands up" games. Great service from Zing and friends.The service at Worthing Court was EXCELLENT, the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms cleaned daily by the wonderful cleaning staff. But especially Joyanne, the chef/owner of the restaurant in the back. Even if you are not staying at W.C. have a meal with Joy...she is a wonderful chef and very reasonable prices, where dining out can be quite costly. My first meal was made especially for my diet restrictions, even though it was not on the menu. Had a wonderful stay and I will be back, as I love Barbados!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Anne19511231
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

6th holiday to Barbados and easily the best all round value accommodation. Helpful, friendly staff and clean rooms (with a really comfortable bed), combined with a quiet spot yet yards from the beach and shops, - what not to like! We've booked for December 2013.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank benmungo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my 3rd. stay at Worthing Court. I do enjoy everything that the hotel has to offer to the extent that it makes me kind of 'forget' that the beach is a 10 min. walk away. The pool does suffice especially on a very hot day when I am not in the mood to do the walk to the beach. The rooms are nice and clean and being able to relax on the patio whenever I feel like it is great. The location is remarkable especially since it's near to almost everything you would want/need while on vacation. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating and I do not hesitate to recommend Worthing to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios are the best if you like to 'people watch' at all hours of the day or nigh...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CicelyMW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Dover Beach Hotel
#2 of 3 in Worthing
South Gap Hotel
South Gap Hotel
#6 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Worthing Court? Share your experiences!