All reviews across the road hospitality room accra beach apartment hotel small kitchenette st lawrence gap tuesday night bus stop right within walking distance clean pool the gap minutes walk away large supermarket easy access bars and restaurants beautiful barbados own meals
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in Worthing Court in May 2012. I was lucky to get a 40% off deal on the rate at that time so considering the price paid, I'd say the hotel was a great value.

PROS: Pool. Very close to main road and public transport. Beaches, restaurants, bars and supermarkets within 5 mins walk. Wifi available at extra cost. Clean modern rooms with small kitchenette and small fridge.

CONS: Debatable… For me, the hotel ambiance was not very conducive to relaxing as the grounds are very small and the pool and restaurant are too close to each other. But, I'm being nit-picky in the aforementioned. Someone else may find the grounds and ambiance just fine. I spent most of my time outdoor sight seeing than in the hotel.

Since I got the room at a highly reduced rate compared to the regular rates, my stay at Worthing was more than acceptable. However, if back on the same rate structure on par with its competitors, Worthing Court may not be my first option next time I visit Barbados.

Room tip: If you want more privacy and quiet, ask for a room on the side of the hotel that is furthest away from the hotel parking lot and main road.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fantastic hotel for the price. Stayed in Sept 2012. Upgraded to largest room with separate kitchenette and sitting room. Had all the amenities that we could have wished for.
Plenty of space in the suite. Booked B & B so didn't use the cooking facilities but made great use of the fridge freezer for chilled drinks. Air conditioning in the bedroom was fantastic.
Best bit about the holiday was Joy's breakfasts - oh, oh, oh, that cinnamon French toast - yummilicious :)
Staff were great. All friendly, helpful when needed but not at all intrusive.
A bit disappointed with the standard of cleaning. Was expecting it to be spotless as per the previous reviews but unfortunately the toilet cleaning was lacking and it was quite dusty round skirtings etc - it was clean enough but could have been much better. Only reason I've given 4 instead of 5 out of 5.
Loved the location for beach access, buses, taxis, ZR's. local shops, bars. The Gap is walking distance and Oistins a ZR or bus away (15 mins).
This is our second visit to Barbados. First time was West coast - had a great introduction to the island and it's people. Having now stayed at the South coast - we won't stay anywhere else. The weather is better, beaches are better, entertainment is better, watersports, restaurants, bars etc are cheaper.
Having said all that I think that the South coast in peak season would be just too busy for us - just too 'mad' so we now know to stay there when it's quieter.
All in all makes for a better all round holiday. We had a fantastic time and the Worthing Court is a great budget base from which to enjoy yourself.

Room tip: Suites are definitely worth it for the extra space.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bo-Dawdley
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Standard room was bigger than I thought from hotel's website photos. Room was clean and functional. Nothing to complain at all. WiFi was not slow at all. Staff ( everyone ) was ever so friendly and helpful. Restaurant was serving excellent food for a very reasonable price. We loved the location; close to the bus-route, shops, beach and restaurants. Many cheap takeaway places also located in neighbourhood. Our room had a kitchenette, large fridge / freezer, microwave, oven, enough dishes, safety, hairdryer...we did enjoy watching cats, birds and monkeys from big balcony on the 3rd floor. I slept well and no noise was disturbing us at all.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank nadlap
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I knew exactly where I would be staying. Knew it was not beach side. Knew it was close to all amenities. I knew I would have to cross the street to get on the beach. Not Accra or Dover, but a peaceful, quiet stretch of beautiful ocean. A short walk to Sandy Beach, where locals and tourists come to swim in a shallow calm bay and where turtles abound. No loud music or all inclusive style "hands up" games. Great service from Zing and friends.The service at Worthing Court was EXCELLENT, the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms cleaned daily by the wonderful cleaning staff. But especially Joyanne, the chef/owner of the restaurant in the back. Even if you are not staying at W.C. have a meal with Joy...she is a wonderful chef and very reasonable prices, where dining out can be quite costly. My first meal was made especially for my diet restrictions, even though it was not on the menu. Had a wonderful stay and I will be back, as I love Barbados!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Anne19511231
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

6th holiday to Barbados and easily the best all round value accommodation. Helpful, friendly staff and clean rooms (with a really comfortable bed), combined with a quiet spot yet yards from the beach and shops, - what not to like! We've booked for December 2013.

2  Thank benmungo