All reviewsacross the roadhospitality roomaccra beachsmall kitchenetteapartment hotelwithin walking distancebudget accommodationtuesday nightbus stop rightst lawrence gapclean poolminutes walk awaylarge supermarketshort staybeautiful barbadosair conditioningown meals
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my 3rd. stay at Worthing Court. I do enjoy everything that the hotel has to offer to the extent that it makes me kind of 'forget' that the beach is a 10 min. walk away. The pool does suffice especially on a very hot day when I am not in the mood to do the walk to the beach. The rooms are nice and clean and being able to relax on the patio whenever I feel like it is great. The location is remarkable especially since it's near to almost everything you would want/need while on vacation. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating and I do not hesitate to recommend Worthing to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios are the best if you like to 'people watch' at all hours of the day or night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CicelyMW
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is my first visit to this lovely Island of Barbados.So glad I chose to stay at Worthing Court thanks to the reviews from Trip Advisor. This is my third week of staying here at the Apartments Bed and Breakfast with a lovely wee table next to pool The Apartments are great cleaned daily, lovely pool area t and a ,well equiped kitchen with full cooker microwave and fridge freezer Breakfast and Lunch are available daily
JOY is such a Joy in the kitchen Evening meals all freshly cooked and very Tasty are available when there is entertainment on at the complex which at the moment is Tuesday Friday and Satuday The staff are all friendly and very helpfull.
Location is great Worthing beach across the road,Shopping at back of Complex or to the left of the front of building.Accra beach walking distance as is St Lawrence Gap Board Walk Ice cream shops every thing you need is available in this area.
The busses are great you can get direct to Lawrence Gap,and Oistins from outside the Complex or across the road to Spikestown which passes through Holetown or to Bridgetown where you can get other busses to other parts of the Island.All for BDS $2 each journey great fun I have been using them all the ttime all over the lovely island.

Great place to stay I am here until Sat 22nd Dec 2012 butI have been told not to say Good Bye but "I will see you again soon" .
Very enjoyable time here

Room Tip: I asked for a room which I have at the back but speaking to people staying at the front the rooms there is not a lot of noise from the traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Margie195854
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband & I stayed 9 nights in a Superior room (106) and 1 night in a 1 bedroom (105). The one bedroom has much more room but the same size AC as a Superior room and does not cool it well at all. We cooked 7 of our 10 dinners. The kitchenette's have 2 pots (1 with a lid), 1 pan, 1 big knife, a grater, wine/bottle opener, a pitcher, a loaf pan and a casserole dish with cover. There were a few large plastic cooking spoons and a tea pot; 2 plates, 2 small bowls, 2 cups/saucers, 2 tall glasses and 2 wine glasses. There is no cutting board, no pot holders no colander. Word has it that if we had asked they would offer other supplies. No dish soap or salt & pepper are offered. When going to the Big B food store (cheaper than the Tri Star on Hwy 7), walk to the back building of WC. Walk through the gate , walk about 100 steps and you are there. Monkeys can be found at night in the Almond tree near the gate. The rooms are numbered 100-108 (1st floor), 200-208 (2nd floor), 300-308 (3rd floor). If you are a light sleeper I would suggest asking for a room in the back building since the AC is very quiet and would not block out street noise; the front building is close to Hwy 7. If you like to have a washcloth - bring one, as we rarely had them. Yes the place is clean, people friendly, and GREAT location! Since it is a small complex often times you might have the pool to yourselves; beach/pool towels are plentiful. Also, the bar is not open all the time; few people hung out onsite during our stay. It is dark at night by the pool when the bar is not open. I would bring a flash light or small lantern if you wanted to read, play cards or such outside after 5:30pm. The Internet service is fast! The green gate to the beach is across the street, but if you walk 5 minutes south or left out of the complex you will come upon a sign "Worthing Beach Access". Ning rented us 2 lounge chairs & an umbrella for $10 USD. He is very close to the restrooms and showers. When at the beach here head out into the water and find where there is plant life on the bottom of the ocean. Hang out in this area and you will soon see turtles eating the plant life! They are usually out early afternoon but we also saw them before Noon in water we could stand in - yet VERY far out. WC is old and modest but if you are looking for the amenities it offers and wanting to watch your $$ it is a great value for the money and location! This was our 3rd trip in 3 years and we would stay here again over our 2 previous choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank onthecuspnora
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was in a great location for what we needed to do and was a good price as well. It is right on the "Main Road" just outside of downtown Bridgetown making getting around very easy. The buses are $2 BDS and you can hit up almost the entire main strip on one bus and no transfers. The hotel is also withing walking distance (like one block) of 2 groceries and a 24 gas station and convenience store. The Tri-Mart is closest but if you turn left and go up the road by it, there is a very large IGA that is well-stocked. Walking down that road past the Tri-Mart, there is a woman from Trinidad that sells doubles from her food cart. They are amazing and inexpensive. The best food we had in all of Bridgetown.
There were a few random things I wish I had known, like the internet (which cost money and this I knew) was super slow and would only let you connect one device so it was my laptop but not my cell phone. Also, there were absolutely no cleaning supplies in the room and we had a kitchenette and did a fair bit of cooking. We bought dish soap but would have killed for a broom or something in between room cleanings. Also, they pushed the 2 twin beds together for a "king". It didn't work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank detroit13
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great rates !! This property is in a excellent location close to the beach, supermarkets and restaurants. Rooms are very clean with a small kitchenette. There also is a courtesy room which is available to store luggage, take a shower if you have a late flight. The staff are fantastic warm and friendly. I wanted to stay here in Feb. but they are booked up but I will be back !!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends