“Always busy... which speaks of its acceptance and recognition among locals and expats alike”
Review of Zaman

Zaman
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Ramallah
Cuisines: International
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Zaman was recommended to me by my landlady. Her sisters confided to me that she "loved" Zaman. One visit explained the attraction.

It is situated on two floors of a modern building: upstairs features a North American/European style Internet cafe; however, many patrons come to meet with friends and enjoy excellent food (albeit from a somewhat limited menu) on the ground floor. Zaman is set up for patrons to order and pay for their food and drink in advance, which are then delivered to their table with speed, efficiency and a friendly smile.

According to its menu, whihc is posted on the wall above the cash register, Zaman seems to focus on breakfast and lunch, and high quality coffees and hot chocolate are features of the menu that are available all the time.

Zaman is recommended for those who want to experience a friendly Palestinian atmosphere that is very 21st century in design and execution.

There are newer reviews for Zaman

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I joined a friend from England for a cup of hot chocolate at Zaman's. As we sat at one of the outside tables, I told my friend, "It is hard to believe that we are in an Ocuppied Country. This could be any sidewalk cafe in Europe, UK or the US. She agreed with me. The hot chocolate was served with an anise seed biscuit. Both were delicious. I do have to say, "It was the best hot choclate. Even better then Belgium."

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited her one morning for tea and toast (zatar) I really enjoyed the food and the staff were helpful. It is a nice place to come and sit outside in the evening for coffee also.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I go to Zaman every time I go to Ramallah. Despite the fact that the items are pricey, still zaman offers different kinds of tasty coffee and pastries. Zaman Al Tireh is located in a lively street where you sit and sip your coffee, specially outdoors.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

As the title suggests, Cafe Zaman in Ramallah Tehta (lower Ramallah), provides great coffee of all sorts whether you're looking for a cappuccino, latte, Arabic Coffee or other. Zaman also provides cookies, biscuits, cheesecake, ice cream, and other delicious pastries and confections to go with your order. Personally I enjoyed a double mocha latte and a chocolate scone on one occasion, and an iced coffee on another.

The place is very modern with nice colorful sofas and comfy seating areas on the upper and lower levels in addition to an outside seating area in the front of the building. The service staff are youth, probably high school or college students. They are very courteous and polite and happy to assist. Service is also much faster than some of the other places in Ramallah to which I've been.

However, as I said the prices are bit on the higher end.I suppose you are not only paying for your order but also for the atmosphere.

1  Thank Rania K