“Wonderful oasis in the heart of Ramallah”
Review of Cafe La Vie

Cafe La Vie
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Ramallah
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful oasis in the heart of Ramallah”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Beautifully designed, European style cafe with a beautiful outdoor garden.
The coffee here is easily the best in Ramallah and they have a wonderful selection of homemade cheesecakes.
They do a good selection of light, American style food too.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank NJ26

Ramallah
“Favorite Cafe in Palestine”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I loved this place. The owner renovated part of the family home into a cafe. Great ambiance, they have a beautiful garden full of fruit trees (too cold to sit outside when I went but toured it) and inside super cozy, great decor. It was raining so I snuggled up next to the wood burning stove.

They make excellent coffee--bar none in Palestine. They also have a great bar (I've had their espresso martini--yum!) with a great selection of whiskeys, and really good food. I had the penne pesto (homemade) and it was divine. I haven't had the cakes and pies but my friends say they are dangerously delicious. I think it's the only place in Palestine with a confectioner making the sweets on their grounds (could be wrong on that).

Out of all the cafes, restaurants, bars I went to, by far my favorite place. If you order espresso, be sure the owner Saleh Totah makes it--he's serious about his espresso!

• Visited November 2011