We travelled to the Oceania Club on 23 May for 7 days, we are a couple in our 30s with 2 young children. Before we went I had read all the reviews on trip adviser and had high expectations.
We booked direct with the hotel and they arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport, the journey took about 35 mins and was trouble free, from the moment we arrived we knew it was going to be a good holiday - sparkling wine on arrival and orange juice for the kids, we were then taken by golf buggy to our deluxe junior suite in block 5. The room was very large - particularly the bathroom, one single bed was in the seperate room and then in the main room was a double bed and a made made up on the sofa - what baffled us is that if they had made the bathroom half the size (it still would have been a good size!) then 2 single beds could have fitted in the seperate room and therefore the kids could have both had their own room - but this didnt matter really.
The view from our room and from most parts of the hotel was spectacular - this hotel is very big, as we stayed in the deluxe block we had access to the private pool, there were AWAYS spare sunloungers so we were lucky as we did venture down to the main pool on a few ooccasions and there were never any. We ate by the deluxe pool for lunch every day, after a big breakfast we didnt fancy going for lunch in the restautant - every day by the pool you could have baguettes, toasties, cake, pasta, fruit and you could just help yourself.
The only negative thing was the problems booking the al a carte restaurants - you have to book 3 days in advance, and you have to queue before 9am in the morning to get a place. Now on holiday we do like to relax and dont want to be getting up early to book restaurants, I understand the reasons why you need to book, but why not make the booking procedure a bit later on like, 11am or lunch time?
Due to this we only got to go to 2 of the al a carte restaurants, the Greek Taverna and the Italian. Both were absolutely lovely - especially the greek restaurant, it was my birthday and they gave me a cake at the table and all the waiters crowded round and sang happy birthday!
We enjoyed going for evening drinks down by the main pool sitting on the loungers watching the sun go down over the amazing infinity pool, and then going up for the evening entertainment, which was fantastic, the kids loved it and so did we, we went to 3 shows - mamma mia show (fab), the beatles show and a traditional greek show, we also went to the kareoke night in the nightclub, the kids disco and the quiz night.
Theres really so much to do at the hotel and its great for kids, theres a game room with air hockey and computer games, internet room with pool tables, pedalos (included in the all inclusive!), indoor soft play area and outdoor playground all of which we used! There is free wifi in the blue bar and reception area which i made use of every day.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, even the pool toilets and beach toilets. The kids ate their own bodyweight in ice cream!, the food was great and so much choice, a different theme in the main restaurant every night. The cocktails were great, i would say there were about 30 different ones and they were all on offer at all bars including beach and pool bars all day!
Sorry for the long revew i could go on and on! we will definatly be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Greece/Halkidiki - Nea Moudania