We stayed at this hotel as repeat guests on 4 May for 12 nights. This hotel continues to amaze me with both the small and major improvements it makes year on year.To be honest it must cost a fortune. Example the branded cans of soft drinks in the mini bar (new this year) & the refurbishment of all the furniture in the reception / bar areas (certainly cost loads). The standards are high and continually improving. To be honest they are experts in how customer service should be and other AI hotels should take note. This is were I have to disagree with Xina1981London & Ben C from London as a) the Greek restaurant Erodious in town is still provided by the hotel, the food is exceptional and typically Greek as it is a Greek restaurant in the local Village of Neo Moudania b) I have been to Turkey and have not found any hotel to be of the standard of Oceania especially when you look at their service level which is second to none. Sorry guys but at least be honest about this as this is one of the many things that make this hotel excel.The service from all staff at this hotel is second to none even with rude guests so cant see were u could possibly complain on that front.C) The service at this hotel is second to none and the most picky eater can find a great choice of good quality food to choice from.
The management lead by example and are hands on, in doing so the employees are an extended family, which in my view is why they retain such good staff. Well done for that because that is not easy in this business.
Special mention to Maria front office manager and all of her staff, you are all amazing please don't change. Timo, Dionissis & Livui as you lead this team to a very high stand. The smiles on your staff say it all, they obviously enjoy their jobs.
We stayed in block 5 with the private pool which is highly recommended as you have all day snacks provided on demand by Veggelis the chef (who is amazing even when you want to make a change to the set menu). Eva & George who really word hard and cannot do enough for you running around the sunbeds constantly they could make you dizzy and in that heat. Not to mention Radu this place would not be the same without you (you are part of the funiture).
The unsong heroes in my opinion are the maids & ground staff that work effortlessly with a smile on their face all day long. This is the best hotel in the med in our opinion and what a welcome you receive from start to finish. A few names to point out were Victoria in the Thelassa Dining room, Anna in the Italian, Margarita in the Asain and Daffy, George, Otto, Theona, Mai and the chef in the Greek Panos. Timo where the hell do you find such good staff, you should bottle this and sell it to other countries! Special thanks to Yannis the executive chef & Thomas the Sous chef, they cook and display the food to the highest standards . Please take note here if you have special food requirements they are the men to ask and can point you in the right direction.
To sum this place up it ticks all the boxes in our eyes and the standards are set higher year on year, how else do you get repeat guests year on year? Well done Oceania for another unforgettable holiday.
We will see you in September and are hoping Almost30sometjing from Essex and Xina1981London and Ben C from London please find a place they are happy with because we are picky but couldn't fault you. Keep up the good work! You are all fantastic and dont let anything get you down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Greece/Halkidiki - Nea Moudania