3,622 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsnext yeargreek tavernamain restaurantbeach barmini barinfinity poolmount olympussea urchinslocal townbuffet restauranthigh standardmain pooljunior suitesea viewnothing is too much troubleour favourite
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Having been to Sani Beach Club & Asterias on previous occasions, I was interested to try out this property as it is part of the same group. Slightly nervous about all-inclusive as this was a first time experience, but as it sits at the top of the scale, it proved to be an excellent stay.

The facilities are superb, the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the pool is outstanding. The customer service offered by all staff is to be admired & that is as a direct result of the management which is probably one of the most effective I have witnessed. The management are not afraid to mingle with the guests in a very relaxed way. Any problems incurred of which there were only 2 minor issues were dealt with immediately. In particular the Food & Beverage Manager, whose regularly went around checking all the areas and chatting to the guests.

The food on offer was of a very high standard, where alot of other inclusive hotels offer a limited choice and low quality this was not the case and was in fact of the highest standard. All freshly cooked, a different theme every evening and in addition the option to dine at 3 other restaurants on site - the Asian being the best in my opinion.

There are alot of young children and although I was travelling with my 2 daughters of 19 & 20 yrs we were able to find quieter spots, especially around the beach. The further long the beach you go the less small rocks in the ocean, however, the sandbags provided placed from the edge of the beach into the ocean was a very effective way of getting into the sea easily.

Both at the beach and pool there is a constant drinks service, the choice of drinks is endless and of course. Every member of staff appeared to be cheerful, informative and helpful. Perhaps in the UK we could learn a lesson from this!! Sunbeds and towels are provided both at the pool and on the beach, the pool ones very comfortable indeed. There are steps leading down to the beach and a ramp for buggies etc. and although this might be a problem for the older guests, taken slowly it is not that far or too steep.

For those in suites a complimentary service is provided to and from the airport in extremely comfortable cars, an easy trip only about 3/4 hour maximum. Rooms are very spacious, the mini bar is stocked every day with water, beer & fruit juice, which is included in the all-inclusive basis.

For those parents with young children they are extremely well provided for. The only down side will be a lack of sunbeds probably due to guests putting towels on them early morning so a lack of shade could be an issue. However, worth mentioning to the management who clearly realise this is a problem.

I would recommend this resort to others, whilst it could be considered expensive, you have to weigh this up against the high standards, facilities and location. It is different to the other Sani properties but as with them first class customer service is provided.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank waverley44
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. I travelled with my husband and daughter aged 4 and stayed in a Deluxe Jrn Suite. I deffinately recommend to upgrade to the Del rooms as the pool area is much quieter than the main pool. The main pool isn't noisey, just less crowded.
I read before we went that to get into the a la cartes was a problem. This I did not incur once. Maybe if you wanted peak times, ie 2000-2100 or you went during the holidays it might be a problem, but we ate about 10 times in the a la cartes at 1900. The food is FANTASTIC and there is a good choice of wines.
At every bar, there is really nice chill out music and a good selecton of drinks. If you like baileys try the 'Alexander'.
The entertainment is good and not once was the night entertainement repeated.
The beach was the only downfall. I knew there were sea urchins and access was vis the sand bags, but if you are nervous in water, or have children under 4 feet, it is not great. The reason for this is once you have walked along the sandbags, the water is about 4ft deep. So young children cannot just go in by themselves. But the sea is lovely and warm.
The staff are amazing. We receieved such great service the whole time.
The resort is 800m away and you can walk it along the beach if you like. The resort is up and coming. There are lots of shops, especially shoe shops. But it is not a pretty resort, it is a town. There is a ot of renovation work taking place to the pavemets etc and I think in a couple of years, it will look a lot better. However, the bars and tavernas on the seafront are lovely.
We hired a car for a few days which was great. Visit Afitos. It is 30 mins south and it is a beautiful typicaly Greek village with plenty of tavernas. We also went to the waterark which was a fun day out.
Kids club.... well I could get mine out of it. The staff are great and speak fluent English. they make pizza's, treasure hunts etc etc. They also look after the kids from 2000-2300!
Overall a great hol. I will deffinately return. if you have questions, please just ask.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kimbo25
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Just back from second visit to the oceana,last time we were there was 3 years ago .We dont normally return to places as we like to have a differant experance but the oceana was so good that we thought we would go again.The hotel is still great ,rooms are as they were and the food is brilliant.I wound,nt go for longer than a week as apart from the hotel there is not much else ,we just crashed out and enjoyed the sun .Staff here are wonderfull nothing to much trouble our children enjoyed them selves and met lovely friends ,i dont know how any one could fault this place.

2  Thank wokingjasper
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Oceania Club and I must say, it was well worth the money! From the moment we arrived the staff were very welcoming and friendly at all times. The food was excellent with plenty of choice and we never found it a problem booking into the a la carte restaurants - which were all excellent. The entertainment was of a very good standard, particularly the Mama Mia and We Will Rock You show, although I didnt feel that the occassional swearing in the We Will Rock You show was necessary, especially with children present. We also had a one off show of fire dancers which were very good too. The pool areas, sunbeds and pool bar were very well serviced and maintained and the childrens pool was a really good size. The childrens entertainment/mini club was excellent and very varied. Our 5 year old daughter loved it - especially Ben! The only reservation we had about the mini club was that it was on the second floor with no locked door and was not in view if you were around the pool, but the staff spoke good English and were very professional and plentiful. I felt safe leaving my daughter with them (however she only attended the morning session). The rooms were spacious and very clean along with the rest of the hotel, however, our air-condtioning was not all that great in our room.

I have to disagree with the other June reviews who stated that children were noisy and running around in the main restaurant - I didnt experience this and our daughter certainly never ran around the restaurant. The childrens buffet was very good.

The only thing I found disappointing was my massage treatment. The pressure was as light as a feather and was not value for money but I did get a full refund. The spa facilities were very good though.

All in all we had a very enjoyable holiday. It was the best all-inclusive hotel we have ever stayed in and certainly deserves its 5 star rating. I would absolutely reccommend this hotel to my family and friends.

3  Thank Sharon37
Reviewed June 29, 2008

This hotel was above the average for a European seaside holiday, 4-5 * we have stayed in over the past 10 years. The staff, food, cleanliness etc. were really excellent.

Being in the "over 70" age group, we had only 2 reservations, and they were,a) too many very young children, who, in the majority, were allowed by their parents to wander, scream and generally cause problems for anyone and everyone especially in the large dining area.
b) The steep steps or road to the beach area were a problem. One could get a lift by one of the hotel "buggies", but they were not always available as they had other uses, i.e. transporting new arrivals, collecting luggage, laundry bags etc.

There were guests younger than ourselves, sometimes in their 40's, who also found the numbers of children in the dining area upset their enjoyment of the excellent meals etc.

Perhaps a separate dining room for parents with children under 5 could be established to get over this problem?

Otherwise, we give the hotel top marks

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple