“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nea Moudania
reigate
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just come back after our 9th visit – I think that says it all!

We receive fantastic help every year from Timos, Maria and Dimitra before we arrive helping us with any requests which we might have (nothing is too much for them) and once on holiday the staff are amazing – this year we must again thank George, Margarita and Liviu and “newcomer” Christos at the pool bar who was just great. In fact, all the staff are outstanding.

The all-inclusive really works and although the food has always been good, I have to say it was exceptional this year – especially the vegetarian options which one of our party always struggles with at other hotels.

All I can say is try the hotel – you really won’t be disappointed.

Thank you Timos!

2 Thank H-reigate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was out 4th visit to Oceania and once again I can honestly state that we had a fantastic holiday and that once again the food, service and ambience of the hotel was exceptional.
Buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner as always very varied and very nice.
The al a cartes superb - Asian, Italian and Greek Taverna all excellent - once again the Taverna was my favourite due to beautiful food but also the excellent George being as friendly and helpful as ever. The beach party was excellent this year - great fun.
My family consists of 2 adults, 16 and 11 year old, We all highly recommend this hotel, we have decided that we are returning in 2014.
Huge thanks to all the amazing staff.
Special thanks to Maria and Dimitra.
Timos the hotel manager is superb at his job and does not miss a trick - he looks after the guests so well and it is really appreciated.
Amazing value for money - 5 star quality

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Chris H
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have just returned from the Oceania, following a 14 night stay. This was our first visit but wont be our last, it was recommended by some friends. We are a family of 6, 2 adults, 16, 15, 13 and 10 year old, from the very welcoming arrival our holiday just got better and better. We are unable to find any fault with the hotel, food, staff and service. Roll on next year :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ameliamason
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We returned from Oceania last Thursday, following a 10 day stay at Oceania Club.
This was our first visit here. We always choose all inclusive as we have 2 boys aged 8 and 6, and holiday with friends. In total we were a party of 19, which was made up of 4 families.

From arrival to departure, the whole Oceania experience was excellent. The hotel is very pleasant, rooms are comfortable and spacious and the facilities throughout are also excellent.

Being a "foodie", I expected to be very critical of the cuisine on offer, but even in the main self service restaurant, the standard of food was of excellent quality and the choice and variety was also superb. Even after 10 days we did not tire of the choice. I vow anybody to visit the Oceania and not find something that they like to eat. Isaak was great in Thalasso as was Eleni, who was the restaurant receptionist.

As we booked for 10 days, we were entitled to 2 visits to each of the themed restaurants.

We were fortunate enough to eat 3 times in the Greek Taverner, which was absolutely first class.
The restaurant manager, George is superb, and ensures that all diners are made to feel special and enjoy the experience.

Being a large party we were given a set menu which varied each time we visited, and basically left the choice of dishes to the kitchen. They were totally faultless and included lots of fish, meat and vegetable dishes, which was perfect for the whole party.

I did not eat in the Italian or Asian restaurant, as I just didn't get around to going, but am sure that they would have been of equal quality.

The bars are also great. Most days we had a couple of cocktails at the Beach Bar after sun bathing, which has a buzzy atmosphere before we went to our room. The pool bar has efficient and friendly staff and the bar by the reception area was very relaxing, played good background music and also had excellent bar staff.

2 days before we came home, the boys decided to pop their heads into the kids club, and regretted not trying it beforehand as they then spent most of the next 2 days in there, which is a first as my children have never wanted to stay in a club. The girls were fantastic with the children.

The nice thing about the Oceania, is that though the hotel was at full capacity, you never felt that it was too busy. There were ample sunbeds, pool not cramped and enough tables in the restaurant and no queues at the bars, etc.

The accommodation is set out in blocks. We were in block 1, which is at the top by reception, the other blocks being lower down nearer to the pool and beach.

We did have one small query, of which Timos the Manager sorted immediately himself, which is very unusual and just not known in large hotels. This is a prime example as to why Timos is mentioned in many reviews.

Overall, I think this is an excellent hotel, with superb staff from restaurant clearing staff to bar staff, which is also a credit to Timos.

Cannot wait to go back, already looking and may even try to go in October half term.

Room Tip: we stayed in block 1, which is at the top by reception and nice and quiet. This is great if unlike...
7 Thank pyramidsearch
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited from 26th July for two weeks. We are a family of two adults & our daughter (aged 9) and this is our second holiday at Oceania. I hope we are fortunate to be able to return as many times as the previous families who have been 8 or 9 times, this just shows how good this hotel is. We arrived at the hotel in a taxi, the security guard at the entrance checked with the driver who he was carrying and as we stepped out a member of staff was waiting to take our bags. The welcoming letter said 'Welcome Home!'.

As has been said many times, the staff at this hotel make it what it is, from the Manager Mr Timos right through the entire hotel. Someone said in an earlier post that it would be unfair to mention individuals as they are all fantastic and I agree, they all genuinely go out of their way to please you, but I would like to mention George, Mai & the chef in the Greek taverna.

All the girls work so hard around the pool offering a drinks service which in the heat must be difficult, yet they do this in such a lovely manner, nothing is any trouble.

I would get to the sunbeds at around 8am as I was awake anyway. This is a lovely time and there would be only myself and a couple of others there. All the staff would welcome you as they worked or came to start their day.

All the food & drink is of a high standard, the A la carte restaurants are excellent. We never had any problem making a reservation for any of them.

We stayed in block 3 which is excellent for the pool, block 4 which was just in front of our block had wonderful sea views. The fridge in the room is stocked daily with a bottle of wine, water, beer and fruit juice. As we don't drink White wine we asked for it to be replaced with Red which it was daily. Maria (Guest Services Manager) arranged this for us, you can ask maria anything and if it's possible she will do it for you.

Whilst we were there the hotel staff are continually painting, fixing or cleaning to make the hotel spotless.

Entertainment was of a very good standard. Mama Mia, Around the world, quiz & the beach party was excellent, so much effort made.

What made this holiday were the staff that remembered us from last years holiday. They were genuinely pleased to see us again - as we were with them - but I would not expect to be remembered out of all the people that visit this hotel, especially as this was just our second time.

Mr Timos the manager patrols the hotel constantly speaking to holiday makers whether they have been before or it's their first time. By doing this he is getting constant feedback and is genuinely making sure everyone is happy. If something is not right he immediately brings it to the attention of his staff.

People reading these reviews may wonder why people return year after year, well on leaving the restaurant one evening I jokingly asked Mr Timos if he ever went home. His reply

'This is my home, and you are my children'.

See you next year.

8 Thank Hubeyh
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My 8 year old daughter and I have just returned from our 3rd visit to the Oceania and standards in every area were as high as ever. Although the hotel is large, it has an exceptionally friendly atmosphere and doesn't feel crowded. This year, I had the misfortune of needing treatment for a cut hand and was amazed by the treatment I received - the doctor on site was able to stitch it and administer tetanus jabs in his office at the hotel and prescriptions were collected from a local pharmacy almost immediately by hotel staff. All very low key and hassle free and it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the holiday at all (except having to keep my hand out of the pool for 10 days!)
For me, the Oceania's magic formula is created through several key elements. The efficiency and attitude of staff is outstanding - restaurant and bar staff, the entertainment team, cleaners and maintenance department, reception staff and management all do their utmost to make your holiday as relaxing and fulfilling as possible. The hotel is spotless and all rooms beautifully appointed. Entertainment and sport is there for you to dip into as much or as little as you like - all the shows we saw were very professional (except the dancing competition - which wasn't meant to be but was also hugely enjoyable) Kids Club was excellent; I am a primary school teacher and can be very fussy about such things but the care and range of activities were of a very high standard. Food in all the restaurants is great and there is a wide variety to suit all tastes.
Due to my injury, we didn't venture far this stay. It is true that the hotel is relatively isolated but being at the top of the peninsula, it is well positioned for exploring both Kassandra and Sithonia by car, bus, boat or organised excursions. There are
many proud local staff who I am sure would be only too pleased to recommend places to visit.
A very special "thank you" to Guest Services Manager Maria for making us feel so welcome yet again - and also for her nursing skills in cleaning me up and looking after me after my fall. She is an absolute gem.
Just to prove that the hotel haven't paid me to write this review, I'll include one 'niggle ' - this year, sun beds were being reserved very early in the morning. This hasn't been the case in previous years and as my daughter sleeps in after late nights ( and I can't leave her alone in the room while I go to bag a bed ), we weren't always able to base ourselves around the main pool. However, there were always plenty around the shallow pool - and we could always try going to bed and getting up earlier!
We have every intention of returning next year. Thank you Oceania.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank countrygirl187049
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

After two superb holidays at The Oceania we didn't expect it could be bettered, how wrong we were. When Timos discovered we were there to celebrate our Diamond Wedding Anniversary we were given a room upgrade and a surprise private dinner on the beach supervised by Timos! If we thought we had been spoilt before, the way we were indulged on this visit surpassed all expectations! For this we must thank Timos and his wonderful staff. We recommend The Oceania for all ages and can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors give better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sokratis Hotel
Sokratis Hotel
#2 of 3 in Nea Moudania
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel

Been to Ikos Oceania? Share your experiences!