From pulling up in our taxi to leaving we were impressed with the quality of the hotel and the exceptional service of the staff.
On arrival we had a room upgraded from garden view to sea view, and what a view. We had a corner apartment (3301) directly in front was the sea where during the day a pod of dolphins were seen to frolic on a regular basis, at night fishing boats litterred the horizon and to our right towering in the distance was the snow capped Mount Olympus.
The food in the main restaurant was of a high standard all the time, and the staff always helpful and chatty. We went to two of the three Al La Carte restaurants for two of our evening meals - The Greek Taverna (where we had most of our lunches as well) excellent and varied traditional food, served by the ever smilling and happy Maria. And the Italian which again was of a very high standard and well worth a visit.
We only used the Spa once and both had a head and neck massage, was very well done and left my back feeling fantastic.
And finally I need to mention the staff - there was not one from the cleaners to the Hotel Manager who would not spare you the time of day or bend over backwards to help you..
I have to be objective and give you my negatives, of which there are very little.
The booking system for the Al La Carte restaurants could do with some fine tunning, we were trying to book from 0900hrs onwards each day as advised for three days in advance but still managed to miss out on the Asian restaurant.
And we would have liked some tourist information to have been to hand, but there was none.
All in all would highly recommend as we had a superb time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Greece/Halkidiki - Nea Moudania