“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hanioti
swindon
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2008

The hotel was lovely. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming. When we arrived we were given a glass of champagne each which was a very nice touch. Our room was spacious, airy and modern. Linen was changed daily and our room was cleaned every day. Although there was a hob and fridge, it would be a struggle to use them as the room was not provided with plates, pans or cutlery!
The breakfast buffet was of a good standard. With plenty to choose from. Perhaps avoid purchasing food from the bar as it is very expensive.
Overall our stay was very relaxing - shame about the terrible wet weather but the staff kept smiling! Cant fault the hotel at all. Would recommend to anyone wanting to visit Hanioti.

• Liked — Decent location, not too far away but close enough
  • Disliked — No baked beans with the breakfast!!
1 Thank mikeizz

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at this apartment. the service was excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The beds were very comfortable, and linen and the apartment was spotless. However, Halkidiki town was not how we expected.
It was very pretty and very busy, but once you had been round it a few times it got a bit boring. The beach was lovely, lots of watersports and sunloungers for those who need some shade. There didnt seem to be anything in between Halkidiki and Thessolonika, quite baron in fact. Just a warning for your return flight ... at the airport there are no information screens, not a lot of English information and security and staff didnt seem to know what they were doing. People were very confused. overall it was a lovely relaxing holiday and I would recommend the hotel.

• Liked — Excellent friendly service
  • Disliked — Very expensive to eat and drink
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
norwich
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Faultless Hotel, Situated perfectly from the main square, which has a brilliant range of Bars and Restaurants. Champagne on arrival went down nicely! Breakfast was good too, good selection of food. Rooms were lovely and clean, cleaned everyday and towels changed.And as for the pillows they were fine in my professional pillow opinion, maybe people who worry about pillows on there holiday should pack thier own!!!!My Girlfriend and i have had the best holiday there and wouldn't hesitate on returning again.

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — nothing!
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Hello, we've just returned yesterday from our stay at Renaissance Hanioti Resort.
The place is nice and comfortable, but nevertheless I have some remarks.
We paid 136EUR for BB per night per room. For me for that price we should receive more.

The hotel: very nice location in the village of hanioti - not far from the beach and the village center.
The swimming pool and its wooden deck was very nice and gives a pleasant stay there. Although for me it was a little bit tight with all the chairs and tables around the swimming pool.
The rooms were big and spacios, as other wrote: two rooms with big bathroom. The pillows were to high for me also - but I've slept without them :-)) The beds were comfortable for me personally.
We were on a ground level room. The remark I have was: that the sofas in the living room part, need a refurbishment - there were several spots on them. The wardrobe was also broken from inside and had some strange spots - but I anyway did not used it also. I don't know if it is from the ground level but we had some kind of small black insects, which appeared during the nights only, I saw one of them even walking over the bed. There were no nets on the windows of our studio, and probably that is the reason.
The personall cleaned the rooms every day and it was very clean from that point of view.
The aircondition was working quite well.

We did have only a breakfast : there were a lot of things but for me and my husband was hard to find anything we like : the cheese and ham were not from the best quality. The last days I eated cornflakes and etc. as the other things I do not like.
The fresh fruits were not many different variaties - water melon, melon and some pieces of ananas.

Overal we enjoyed our stay there. But from my point of view it was not as luxury .

UK
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We have just come back from Halkidiki & have had a fantastic two weeks.

The Hotel was spotlessly clean & the staff there could not do enough to make our stay any more welcoming. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne which went down well after our journey.

I would also agree that the beds & pillows were a little on the hard side, but this did not spoil our stay. Our room was again immaculate & cleaned daily. We had fresh clean towels every day. There were limited utensils (two cups & saucers, one very small pot to boil a cupful of water & two teaspoons. However we did request some plates & knives & forks 7 they were given to us straight away. Some other guests asked for a kettle & were given one.

We had a couple of problems while we were staying there. The electrics blew because of out Iron. We rang the reception & the staff were superb in sorting ht problem out. At one point they thought that they were unable to fix it & were about to move us to as different room, however they fixed it with out too much delay. Our room was on the ground floor & all these rooms have shutters to pull down over the patio doors. We managed to get ours stuck, but again after calling the reception, it was fixed within the hour.

You can hire towels from the hotel for use around the pool or take to the beach. They cost 5 euros each. So if you need to save weight in your cases, don't bother bringing your own. You can also replace then for clean ones regularly.

Also recommend that you ask for an additional room key as you need this to keep the air con & electric working. We left our air con on all day which was much needed.

The food in the hotel was good, although quite expensive. Three of us had a club sandwich & three drinks for a lunchtime snack & that cost us 38 euros (£31).

There is a good supermarket for snacks 7 drinks / water etc. Come out of the hotel, turn right & take the first right up a steep road. The supermarket is at the top just to the left. It is no more than a 6-7 min walk.

The closest beach is shingle, but there are sandy beaches about 20 mins walk. If you go to the Mono's beach bar, provided you buy a drink, you can have free sun beds & parasols all day.

The town is only a 6-7 min walk from the hotel & has loads of bars, tavernas & restaurants to choose from. The best ones we found were La Romantica, The Apxontiko Tavern, Kassandra roof top restaurant / bar. The Tropicana was also good.

I would definitely go back there again. The Greek people were all very nice & very welcoming.

• Liked — Clean & immaculate.
  • Disliked — Beds hard.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Derbyshire
Reviewed July 19, 2008

10th July for seven nights .
With our experience of Greek holidays being of basic accomadation we found the Renaissance to be above average and well worthy of a four star . I was disappionted with the amount of children staying at the hotel after it stated in the broucher it was more suitable for adults , this was one reason we chose this hotel .
Hanioti as a resort ,seven nights was enough but we had some good great meals .We went to Pefkahoro a couple of nights and this was a nice resort with a more Greek influence .
A nice break for a week but would not return .

• Liked — Location and clenliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
cardiff
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I was a little surprised reading one of the reviews on here, I returned yesterday from the Renaissance, and had an amazing stay.... There are two comments that I will agree with, yes the beds are a little firm, but I hear the harder the bed the better for your back, and yes soft drinks are priced at 3 euros each, but I have stayed at other same standard hotels and experienced the same, if not a little more!! there is a little supermarket around the corner, and we used to pop in there to get some drinks... beers and cocktails at the hotel are roughly the same price as drinking out in some of the other bars in the square, do not let this put you of staying at the hotel...

The staff at the hotel, were so so friendly I think it really unfair to say that they weren't, from what we saw they worked very hard at keeping the hotel spotlessly clean, and were always smiling and happy...

I agree with the positive comments on here regarding breakfast, there is something for everyone, and always very delicious..

As for the beach I was a little dissapointed, its is a bit shingly, however the sea more than makes up for this, its like stepping into a bath, and it is crystal clear..

Hanioti was much bigger than I thought it was going to be, I imagined a small little greek village, and the square and surrounding little streets were like mazes..... All of the restaurants that we ate in were fantastic, and I was surprised how reasonable it was to eat out seeing as the euro is so rubbish against the pound.... For a cheap lunch we ate most days at Garrys, its a fast food type place, ( i know it doesnt sound typically greek) but either the chicken pita souvlaki or gyros was 2 euros 40, bargain!!! and tastes amazing!!

Greece is one of my favourite holiday destinations, and Ive wanted to go to Halkidiki for a while, its not my favourite greek destination, but we still enjoyed it very much.....

Regarding the hotel, take no notice of the negatives on here, go and you will have a wonderful holiday in a truly wonderful hotel

• Liked — the relaxed atmosphere
  • Disliked — the mattress, but im really picking holes, its not that bad!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family