Hanioti Palace Hotel
Hanioti Village Resort(Hanioti)(Great Value!)
$52
Naias Hotel(Hanioti)
Hilltop Hotel(Hanioti)
Lesse Hotel(Hanioti)
Hanioti Hotel(Hanioti)
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We were at the Hanioti Palace Hotel during the first half of June. Occasional rains aside, the days were warm, the nights cool--altogether very pleasant. There was no need for air-conditioning. The room was modest and relatively small, the bathroom in need of plumber's attention. The balcony--all the first and second floor rooms had one like ours--faced the spacious garden and the large pool. These are the forte of the hotel, perfect for relaxation. In the high season, with the hotel filled up, they are probably crowded. The nearby public beach did not strike us as particularly appealing. The buffet breakfast was bland, to say the least; feta, olives and other local goodies were nowhere to be seen. Dinners were a different story, with some excellent local dishes, such as imam baildi or guvech. The staff was professional and pleasant, the owner and his family kind. Overall, we enjoyed the stay. X, Geneva

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Just returned from a week here 13-20 sept 2010, I went with a friend and we were looking for a relaxing break. Had a great time, the hotel is lovely, no frills but clean and staff were helpful and friendly. We stayed half board and found the food well prepared, tasty and filling and on par with the restaurants in Hanioti but alot cheaper! The set meal for thoes not on half-board was 9euros which included soup, salad, main, sweet and coffee a bargain for thoes on a budget! The pool area was ok, needs a little updating which they plan to do this winter, but as we prefered the beach we spent most days at Alexander the great beach bar which is approx 5-8mins walk from the hotel.Some recomendations i would make are as follows:- take a small travel kettle as the hotel don't supply one (dont forget some cups!).. take your own tea-bags for breakfast and ask Julie the waitress for hot water to make your own...take your own pillow as the hotel ones are the hardest in the world and feel like sand-bags which really is no exaggeration!! And for comfort at the beach some pull-on beach/swim shoes and a cheap lilo to use as a mattress on the free sun beds! Do pay the 5euros for the weekly hotel shuttle bus pass to hanioti town as the 20min walk is ok but tiring in the heat and do visit Afitos town, cost 2.60euros on the local bus. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and made some lovely holiday friends Duncan and Diane along with several other guests. It was a typical greek holiday sun, sea and relaxation...just what the doctor ordered! From Sally and Sandra.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank sallymarg
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I visited Greece in July 2009 and made a booking for this hotel. It has a lovely garden with a pool. We were accommodated on the ground floor, where the rooms are really plain. Giving us the key the receptionist mentioned 'Don't worry, in the summer, these are our best rooms as they are the coolest'. This was the only good thing about the rooms actually. I think I can find much better ones in a 3-star hotel. The beach was close, but it was a bit rocky, so we bought shoes for bathing. It cost 5 euro per day, just like most other hotel beaches nearby. The food was good, variable and tasty. The service was bad, asking for the key, we had to wait for a few minutes till the receptionist finished her private Facebook/Skype chat session. There was a Greek night by the pool on Friday and Saturday till appr. 1:00 am. On the whole, it is ok, but do not expect anything like a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I spent a week at Hanioti Palace in Halkidiki, Greece in the middle of June 2010 and I went to this hotel because the hotel said that it is a 4 star hotel, with airconditioning and satellite TV. I was hoping that if I went to a 4 star hotel, it will have more than the basic necessities and the food will be good. I was so disappointed when I went there - this is not a 4 star hotel, this is not even a 3 star hotel. They didn't have airconditioning and when I asked them why, they said that they only have airconditioning in July and August?!!! The temperature during the time I was there was between +32 and +37 degrees and I find that unacceptable!!! My package was with breakfast and dinner. The food was terrible - no variety at all, no fresh fruits at all in the morning, only one kind of fruit for dinner - either watermelon or melon or tinny oranges, only Nescafe and only 1 type of tea. Half of the food was frozen or canned food which again in the middle of the summer is just unacceptable!!! There was spoiled food as well. There was no satelitte TV as they claimed, only half of the 40 channels were working and the picture of most of them was terrible - not that I was there to watch TV but they should not be providing misleading information just to get more clients. I find Greeks very rude and unfriendly people. I was not happy with the vacation there and I will never go to Greece again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank MaryNorton
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The hanioti palace was a great choice of hotel.

The room was very clean and well decorated, nice little bathroom and comfortable bed with a pretty balcony overlooking the pool. Linen and towels were changed every day with room throughly cleaned.

The pool was nice and big with a small paddling area for the children and lots of sunbeds- all free of charge and theres never a hassle having to reserve them. You can wonder down at any time during the day and there will always be free loungers.

Nice pool bar serving all sorts of drinks, local and imported- although quite pricey .A large bottle of water was €2 when you pay €0.40 at the supermarket!

Food was good in the evening- buffet style with a good choice and variety. However as it is buffett style you do end up piling your plate with everything and your meal ends up a bit school dinner style! (altho this was my own greedy fault!)
Breakfast was quite poor. English breakfast with strange baked beans and frankfurt mini sausages. Only the fried eggs were edible. The continental offering also lacked alot. Only bread, plasticy cheese and cheap processed ham. No fruit/ tomatoes/cucumber. I did enjoy the cereal though and the yoghurt and greek honey.

The location was brilliant. A 3 minute walk down to the beach. And very close to the main square where you will find all the bars, restaurants and shops. But not directly on the door step, more like a stones throw away so you still get lots of peace and quiet.

The reception/dining room etc were all modernly decorated (although there is alot of 'pleather' seating!) Staff were ok, not rude but not helpful and friendly either.

Overall a great hotel. I think that the only thing that let down my holiday was the resort. It just didnt live up to all the great reports i had heard. I found the square a bit tacky (however i guess most resorts in greece are this way). It was a bit more built up than i had anticpated. I think 15 years ago it would have been beautiful but tourism has overrun the place. Also the place is swarming with bulgarians/romanions/serbians etc.
Not very friendly people on the whole who all seem to have hilariously tacky dress sense (although this does provide some very amusing entertainment!)

However i would definately recommened this hotel for this resort. For a cheap sunshine break and nothing more it is definatley worth it

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple