Nice modern hotel with nice beach and nice views of the Olymp mountain... but thats all. Mind the fact, that you will stay in the real middle of nothing. The closect small village is approx. 4km far away so if you want to buy anything (except hotel bar and restaurant) you have to walk far away or rent a car. The beach is very nice, except of one strange thing, that you have to pay for the sunbed and umrella (in "private" hotel beach!!!). Rooms were nice, staff friendly. I have not noticed any problem with the food - we stayed at the end of high season, so there were rich selection of food (not very repetitive) and even with several culinary shows. 99% of the guests are speaking russian.
- Not good location - the western side of Kassandra peninsula is empty.
- Smelling water (sulphur??)
- Terrible wifi connection
- Still broken lift to the upper hill
- You have to pay for the using of hotel beach
- Possible not rich variety of the food, when staying out of season.
- Nice sunsets :-)
Stayed in September 2011 - Selected Nov. 2011 as the closest possible option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- POSSIDI HOLIDAYS Discover an inspired setting for your holidays , next meeting or special event . ‘’A perfect place for a peaceful holiday retreat In beautiful surroundings’’ Offering delicious dining, gorgeous beach, amazing sunsets and beautiful weather. Overlooking a beautiful, golden beach in Kassandra, Halkidiki, and located on the edge of a pine forest, the luxury five star resort POSSIDI HOLIDAYS welcomes you and promises a dream holiday, enjoying genuine Greek hospitality within the most distinctive of Greek landscapes. The Resort is a masterly combination of the natural grandeur of the area, the excellent facilities and the finest service you will ever find. It offers certified high quality services and ranks amongst the TOP choices and special destinations for Greek and International Tour Operators. A beach stretching as far as the eye can see The resort reflects on the emerald waters of the Aegean Sea, being build in front of the sandy beach of Possidi, a long, 3.5 km. stretch of golden sand and crystal clean waters. Privileged installations The central facilities of our hotel and resort overlook the beach, while seven independent buildings and a Villa are located in the verdurous, flowery gardens. The hotel has 124 rooms and luxury suites, located in the central building, the bungalows and the Villa; all of which are fitted with all modern amenities, while their balconies enjoy a beautiful view of the sea and the resort’s gardens. Restaurants, bar, pools, spa, sports, children’s playground, shops and conference spaces complete the puzzle of a perfectly organized complex, designed to cater for all of its visitors’ needs and desires. Conference spaces POSSIDI HOLIDAYS is renowned for its up-to-date conference facilities and the very successful hosting and organization of conferences, seminars, galas and other functions. The two conference halls of the hotel, with a total capacity of 300 seats, combine functionality with high aesthetics, while there are fitted with state of the art audiovisual equipment and manned with professionals of the highest caliber. Gastronomy Gastronomy features very high on the agenda of the hotel’s management. In the restaurants of the complex you will have the opportunity to choose from several alternative menus, buffets, BBQ, Mediterranean and traditional Greek recipes and exquisite gustatory combinations, while everything is prepared using select raw ingredients of the highest quality and always fresh. Our hotel has been certified, since 1999, with respect to the ISO 9001/2000 standard by TUV Hellas and implements the international HACCP safety and hygiene standards. Location The area enjoys a wonderful climate with long periods of sunlight, idyllic sunsets, clear horizons which allow our gaze to wonder on the peaks of mount Olympus, pine forests and olive groves which reach up to the resort. The crystal blue waters of the sea of the resort’s fully organized beach are awarded the blue flag every year. Austrian architect Helmut Ortis and the owners, with a deeply felt respect for the environment, have created a complex in harmony with the natural beauty of the area; dominated by the warm atmosphere of family hospitality, ideal for rest and relaxation, since it offers all modern comforts and the immaculate organization and operation of a luxury resort. POSSIDI HOLIDAYS RESORT AND SUITES HOTEL is built with a facade on the Aegean Sea in a 33,000m2 plot, surrounded by stunning gardens comprising of pine and olive trees and flowers. Possidi is a fishing village, renowned for its taverns and fresh fish and organized settlements with shops, restaurants and a vibrant nightlife (Kallithea, Fourka, Afytos), for all those who would like to be thrilled in their vacations. Kassandra is the first of the three peninsulas in Halkidiki, one of the prime Mediterranean holiday destinations. It is famous for its natural beauty and the variety of activities on offer to its visitors. Distances ➢ 105 km. from the center of Thessaloniki, “Macedonia” international airport, the port and the train station; while the drive to the hotel is easy, safe, pleasant and fast on the Thessaloniki – Halkidiki motorway. ➢ The resort has direct access to the road network and easy access to the villages Kalandra, Kallithea, Fourka and Nea Moudania. ➢ The resort is only 7km. away from the Baths of Agia Paraskevi, a modern spa center. ➢ Just a few hundred meters away from the ancient sanctuary of Poseidon and the Lighthouse of Possidi. Area map ACCOMODATION POSSIDI HOLIDAYS RESORT AND SUITES HOTEL has been awarded for its excellent level of service and its ecological and environmental management. A total of 124 rooms of the following types are available at the resort: Superior double bed rooms, 27m2 Twin bedrooms, 25m2 Three bed rooms,30m2 Executive Suites, 45-50-m2 Suites 45m2 Presidential Suite. 75m2 48 rooms, superiors, twin bed rooms, three bed rooms and suites are located on the ground and first floor of the central building, enjoying a view of the deep blue sea or the garden, all of them spacious and decorated with taste and finesse. In the most advantageous spot on the first floor we find the ultra luxurious presidential suite, with private Jacuzzi and a breathtaking view, ideal to make you feel “special”. The seven independent buildings housing the bungalows are scattered amidst the pine and olive trees, accessible from spiraling paths which enhance this feeling of isolation and privacy. Each bungalow has the capacity to cater for up to four people. An independent building called the VILLA is home to nine more rooms, all overlooking the sea and most spacious and luxurious two room suites, for those who prefer to combine discreet isolation with a luxurious stay. Besides its carefully chosen decoration and fittings ,it also includes two beds and a sofa-bed, as well as all facilities needed to make your stay truly unforgettable: Satellite television and music channels, fully adjustable air-conditioning, direct outside line and digital telephone, voice messaging system, radio, internet access, mini bar and safe. Bathrooms are decorated in marble and fitted with speakers and hair dryer. The spacious balconies include bamboo furniture for you to enjoy the marvelous colours of the sea and the beautiful gardens. For all these reasons, POSSIDI HOLIDAYS RESORT AND SUITES HOTEL will become the luxurious getaway for your relaxed beach vacation, while at the same time, your base for experiencing the unique thrills that the peninsula of Kassandra has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Possidi Holidays Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Possidi Holidays Hotel Halkidiki