Just had a week here with the family, lovely quiet place no surrounding clubs bars etc, the view was amazing and the sunsets too, our room was right on the top of the complex 127 steps!!! OMG thought I would die walking up and down in the heat, but it was worth it as our room was one of the better ones, new tiles in bathroom lovely big balcony and the view amazing, so put up with the steps and toned the legs!! Some people had awfull rooms we were told they were damp, smelly and like little holes!
Pools - not the cleanist we have been too, the top pool was the cleanest, but people were letting their children eat ice cream etc in the children pool which didnt help, saw them clean the area every day of cups but wash it down a bit more and it would of been better! One pool had hair floating around it too which made it upleasant, think the filter wasn't even working or turned on!!
People grabbed sun lounger before breakfast, not hotel fault but should be a bit stricter as 3 beds had towels on but not used all day!! The loungers were uncomfy and could do with being replaced.
Food - Not the best every day was chips with no other variety of potato, rice and salad which was fine, always a fish dish and meat but not a great choice, Asian night was the best night, always fruit and wine and beer/soft drink help yourself whilst eating, Paella most night with Pizza the odd occassions, you wont starve but very repetative.
Entertainment - MMM!! reptile show the best but always started so late and you couldn't get a table to sit anywhere either.
Rooms - Air con didn't do much, towels changed 3 times, bedding NEVER, asked but it wasnt done, maintenace man came right away to fix air con first day, the water kept running out for some reason, my hubby was half way through shaving and no water!! so he couldnt shower!! cleaner came every day and did a fairly good job but could of been better.
Staff - Older blonde receptionist VERY RUDE, younger one was lovely and the darker haired lady too, night reception man very friendly and hlepfull too. The twins who were everywhere but pool bar were great and went out of their way to help so did all the waiters/waitresses, (our daughter only drinks milk so they always went and got some for her) Lau at the pool bar worked really hard, he should of had help though, he worked with no break all day some days!
All in all if they had more staff, (apprently new owners and no money so staff were laid off recently) cleaned the pools and surrounding pool areas, spent some money on decorating and doing the place up i.e. broken lights in communal areas and general things the place could be amazing.
Portinax a short walk away a bit hilly in places, beaches were litle coves and we taught our youngest to snorkel there, lovely little place, with pedlos, boat hire etc, and some VERY RICH people in their lovely boats! (NOT JEALOUS!!)
The hotel is NOT the best place we have been too and I am glad I only booked one week, I am not fussy but would expect a little bit more than what we got, we met some lovely people, had a good time as your hols are what you make it at the end of the day, had a few vodkas!! and enjoyed Protinax.
We took the little train ride too which was good fun, took us to caves and showed us a bit of the island, went exploring in the woods behind hotel, which was a laugh and the views amazing.
All in all I would NOT go back to this hotel and this is the first time I have felt that way about a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club vista Bahia is the ideal hotel to enjoy pleasant and relaxing holidays. We underline its location by the sea on the beautiful steep. This environment allows guests to enjoy the sounds of nature, impressive sunsent and pleasant walking. Located in the beach Cala Xarraca de Portinatx at 29 km from Ibiza city centre, the ideal place to enjoy the tranquility of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Club Vista Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vista Bahia Hotel Portinatx
- Hotel Vista Bahia
- Vista Bahia Hotel
- Club Vista Bahia Ibiza/Portinatx