This hotel at the top of Ibiza is located in a resort with two small bays/beaches, one of which can be accessed by steps leading from the hotel. This is great if you forget something or need to return to your room to change. There are three accommodation buildings, one of which overlooks the bay/beach. There are two pool areas, one is located on the terrace above the bay which also houses the cafe/bar where there is entertainment every two nights or so. Another pool area is situated in front of the other accommodation buildings adjacent, where there is also a children's play area and table tennis.
There is one restaurant where the food is plentiful and in the main, fresh. I found the vegetables and meat options overcooked but there were a wide variety of salad options and dressings at both lunch and dinner, quality cheeses some nights and varieties of exotic fruit each meal. At breakfast you could compose your own museli, have varying yogurts, try different breads/baguettes as wellas have cooked breakfasts of fried/scrambled egg, omelette, bacon and tomatoes. You toast your own bread but all empty plates are cleared by the restaurant staff. I read there were queues to eat - this is explained by the staff allocating guests a table( usually of 4 )each, even if a single guest. This means no-one has to share. We always went the second hour of serving to avoid queuing or being rushed. The desserts are lovely by the way.
Most guests are all-inclusive. We were happy with half-board but you are very much in the minority.
Polinatx is quite a small resort, families seemed to spend whole days on the beach - the weather was glorious in June. I liked that the resort was not overpopulated with shops but an evening stroll is limited to the two beaches and village square. The Grupotel is fairly self-contained and ideal for a holiday away from the maddening crowds, but I would take lots of books if you are a couple or going with friends. Some people played cards in the evening. We used the local bus service three times to see the rest of the island. The price to Ibiza town was three Euros which is great for a 45 minute journey, however there are only two buses a day so read the timetable carefully. Boat trips around the island are available but much more pricey.
You could opt to have your room cleaned every day and the hotel staff kept the hotel and grounds spotless.
Our only negative experience occurred, unfortunately, on arrival. Arriving well after eleven, three hours late due to the French airstrike, we were put in a fusty basement room where consequently we had a sleepless night due to strong paint fumes with an unpleasant smell mixed in. We discovered the next day the sanitation drains appeared to be outside under the balcony.. You are vulnerable late at night and just want a night's sleep after all the travelling. We had asked, on booking months before, for a pool view anyhow. I think it was a bit rotten someone handing us a key to that room with a straight face, with no explanation knowing what lay in store for us. This attitude was not characteristic of the Grupotel as a whole. Our room was changed the next day by a different receptionist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly in front of the Portinatx beach. The beautiful setting offers the perfect combination of magnificent pinegroves and a breathtaking view of the idyllic Cala Portinatx beach. Located in a quite resort making it ideal for families and couples. Rooms: Sat-TV. Fridge. Ventilator. Balcony. Sport & Leisure: Three swimming pools, children's pool. Table tennis. Pool table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Lounge & pool bar. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grupotel Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Oasis Portinatx
- Grupotel Oasis Hotel Portinatx
- Grupotel Oasis Ibiza/Portinatx