“Wonderful Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Ciguena

La Ciguena
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Portinatx
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We chose to eat and drink at La Ciguena most days as it had a good choice of menu and it was very good quality food and excellent value for money. The staff were exceptionally friendly and nothing was too much trouble and the atmosphere was great. The views from the bay were spectacular especially from the A la Carte Restaurant. I would certainly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Adrian S

Prescot England
“Food with a View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lovely restaurant which is part of a small family run hotel. Food and service always great with a varied menu.There are lovely views of the bay from every table. Definitely the best restaurant in Portinax

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Joolz07
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food - Lovely view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We eat here twice during our weeks stay in Portinatx. We find the staff and food really nice. The pizzas were one of the nicest ever! Our 2 children aged 1 and 3 were well catered for too! The restaurant itself was exceptionally clean. We found this restaurant to be good value for the money and would recommend.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank pepsi32
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Probably the best restaurant in Portinatx”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed for two weeks at Apartments Portinatx and chose to eat at La Ciguena most days as the quality of the food was excellent.
Wide choice of A la Carte dining for both lunch and dinner.
Exceptionally clean, well cooked and presented food, served by pleasant and attentive staff. If you like fish go for the sole. The size and quality is amazing.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alan A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“carbonara was spagetto with cheese sauce”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here on our 2nd night of the holiday, I ordered the carbonara and asked if I could have it with penne and the answer was no, I am always suspicious that I will get a boil in the bag one other wise, unfortunately that is exactly what the carbonara tatsed llke, like someone had made up a cheese and broccilli sauce and just flung it over some spaggetti, I never ate any of it really and it wasn't cheap either.

My partner had half a chicken which did look ok but there was a lot of faffing about with the bones etc.

The other person I was with had a pizza and they said that was nice.

I wish I stuck with my gut instict and perhaps got a meat dish off the grill as most that I seen getting brought out looked lovely, especially the steak kebab.

I think it was overpriced for what you got.

• Visited September 2013