“Good Value, good location....Basic budget stay”
Review of Apartments Del Rey

Apartments Del Rey
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Portinatx
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here through the late half term break with my husband and 2 children 9,11. The apartments were in a very good position and we had a fantastic sea view. As mentioned in earlier reviews, the decor in the apartment is very dated...not sure it had ever been upgraded since being built...that said, it was very clean. We had maid service who came 3 times in our 7 night stay. She was very good. All of the bars/restaurants/shops had begun to close down for the winter, but we found a couple of places still open. All of the locals were friendly and helpful. The scenery is beautiful and the sea was just crystal clear. The pool though was very cold...I did not venture in..but dipped a toe.

Room Tip: We went for a high room so we could have a sea view (which was lovely), but there are no lifts so we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maxine B

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed at the Del Rey apts from Oct 26 to Nov 2 2013. 2 adults and 2 children age 3 and 12. We paid £820 for flights/ accommodation and transfers on a self catering basis.
I was a bit wary of goin this time of year as it would be winding down. Many restaurants and shops were closed but a few were open until oct 31. The resort was very quiet which turned out to be a blessing.
Del Rey is a 50 yr old set of buildings overlooking the town 'centre' and beach. Loads of steps with an 'infinity' pool right at the top end with views over the bay.
we had a 2 bed / 2 bathroom apt which was really spacious with a kitchen area. Decor is still in the '60s but it was clean and tidy. The pool area was great for us as there was only a few people there so it was like having your own pool. Bar at the pool served food and drink til 1am!
Restaurant downstairs did good food and breakfasts. There was a small shop down below so we could get stuff for eating in the apt. Delboys bar was open and was friendly and cheap but not my style. We were lucky with the weather which helped I am sure but the pool was a bit fresh..
Overall it was good although I doubt I would visit in the summer as it would be utter carnage around the pool.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Fat W
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fantastic holiday 6th september for 10 days.Stayed with my husband and 6 year old son. Room was nice with great view and large balcony we would sit on and watch the sun go down. Had a problem with hot water witch was sorted straight away. Pool was great and both barmen very nice and helpful.Area quiet but very nice with lots of nice resturants.del boys and vincents good late bars but also pool bar good at night and make a lovely sangaria.Would definetly return and would stay here again a great relxing holiday had by all of us.

Room Tip: room 16 b2 has nice view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angel76_9
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here the first week in september, I thought the apartments were very nice, clean and we had a great view of the sunset every night, walking up 4 flights of stairs was a bit of a nightmare but that would be the only thing I could complain about.

This was my first time in Portinatx, the area is stunning, it was a bit on the quiet side for me but I was expecting that anyway.

I would perhaps go back t this area when I have kids as I would say it is better suited to families with children.

The pool area hasgot to be one of the nicest I have seen, you look over the side of the pool and you can see all the way down to the beach, its beautiful and the staff are lovely too, we did end up with really annoying people below us but apart from that everyone we met was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have just returned from the Del Rey apartments and we had a fab time. These apartments are not suitable at all for anyone with walking difficulties. We had one of the 2 bedroomed apartments which although the 2nd bedroom was separated from the living area by a curtain it was fine. There was plenty of storage space even if there had been 6 in the apartment. It was great having 2 shower rooms as well. The apartment that we had was on the top floor in block 3 (I think it was 3 anyway it was the one furthest back). There was a lift up to the level that the pool was on but then we did have another 4 sets of stairs to get to our room, which was a bit of a killer but it was well worth it as we had a great view and the sun stayed on the balcony from about 2pm until it set. I do think that there were some apartments that were not great especially on the lower levels. The air conditioning was only in the living area which kept the 2nd bedroom cool but it didnt really reach the front bedroom. We travelled with Thomas Cook and the air conditioning was included which saved us about £200. The apartment was well equipped with crockery, cutlery, ironing board, iron, tv (which only got 2 news channels in english but we dont go on holiday to watch tv!!). Our cleaner was fantastic and the apartment was spotless I think that the sheets and towels were changed at least every other day. There have been some comments about not providing toilet roll?? Its a 2 star apartment buy your own!! Having always travelled to Greece and been used to some of the more basic accommodation there, even getting a full set of cutlery is a luxury! I cant understand why some people go on holiday and think that toilet roll, ant spray etc should be provided for them..
There was no wi fi in the pool area or apartments but there was free wifi in the Restaurant Real downstairs and also in vincents. Puet Blanc restaurant had wi fi that you had to pay for.
We found all of the hotel staff very friendly. The pool area was excellent and a great view of the bay from the pool. There was never any problem getting a sunbed even if you did have to move about to other ones to get one in the sun at different times of the day! The snacks at the pool bar were excellent quality.
Portinatx itself was beautiful however I did find the choice in the restaurants very disappointing. They all had the same menu practically. Pasta and pizza was around 8 euros and chicken about 10 euros. Steak was about 20 euros. There was a chinese as well and the food was excellent there, however the service was a bit slow and people were complaining about that but to my mind you are on holiday, just chill out, its not as if there were many places to go onto afterwards.
There were only really 2 bars ... Del Boys if you like quizzes that go on all night and Vincents for a bit more lively. Tommy was a great entertainer but there is only so much Elvis and Karaoke that you can take in 2 weeks.
We found that Roses supermarket seemed to be the cheapest but there were plenty of other supermarkets to buy things. There were a few other shops as well selling the usual tourist stuff most was reasonably priced.
We went into Ibiza town one night, we tried to get the bus on the Monday night but it just didnt turn up so we went the following night. The last bus from Portinatx is 18.30 and then you have to get a taxi back which costs about 40 euros. There are only 4 buses a day into Ibiza town but you can also go to Es Cana and santa Eulalia
All in all a very relaxing holiday

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Curlywurly21
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had one week here at the end of August and for what we paid during school holiday time, all I can say this was just great.
I had great communication direct with the apartments before our stay (requesting a sea veiw room) as I booked via Teletext.com. Prompt responce and polite.
I was very very pleased with our corner room that overlooked the bay, stunning view and our balcony was huge and we loved our daily breakfast with our amzing view ! (room 21) The apartment was nice and big which is great so the kids beds (x2) didn't get in the way in the lounge area. The apartment decor is dated which didn't bother us one bit as it was VERY clean and comfortable and that's my priority. Our bedroom was large and we had tons of wardrobe & drawer space. Again bathroom clean with a nice shower. Rooms cleaned every two days with fresh bedding & towels.

We were in the second block, so had to take the lift then two lots of stairs, this was fine with us, but if you don't want that I was just e-mail them before you go to put in your requests.

There are lots of lovely plants around the apartments, again all areas clean & tidy.

The pool is lovely,a salt pool, but don't be put off. The bar staff are very friendly and chatty. I also found out that the pool and appartments are run as seperate business's, so I think that answers some of the comments about bringing your own water to the pool side. You would'nt take your own drink to a local restaurant just as it's connected to the supermarket would you?

Anyway, as to the area..The beach is fantastic and just seconds from the front of the apartments..Take bread and feed the fishes..It's wonderful.

Overall, we had a great holiday and if we go back to Portinatx Ibiza, I would pick this as my first choice accommodation.

Room Tip: Room 21 has a great view and is nice and large.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seahorse001
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I traveled on the 31/08/13 for 1 week to the Del Rey with my family for a break.
On arriving a lady came out with some keys and we followed her to our apartment, this was on floor 4A but there was a lift to 4 so not many steps ,the apartment was 1 bedroom with a bed settee in the lounge, this was fine for us and we found the apartment perfect for what we needed.
All i would say is it needs a lick of paint inside but apart from that its fine.you are just across from the beach which is beautiful but does get busy but there is always room. we had no problem finding somewhere to eat and found the prices reasonable.there are some great walks and views to see but these are best done late afternoon when it cools down a little . if you just want to stay at the Apartments then there is the pool which is Salt water so can be quite painful on the eyes, there is always sun loungers available and the pool bar does snacks and pizzas so you don't have far to go for something to eat. all in all it was good for the price i paid,but do remember if you want everything to be perfect then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank julian T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portinatx
Barcelo Portinatx - Adults only
Florencio Hostal
Florencio Hostal
#41 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Portinatx Beach Club Hotel

Been to Apartments Del Rey? Share your experiences!