“Laggan Farm B & B Surpassed Our Expectations!”
Review of Laggan Farm B & B

Laggan Farm B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dufftown
Laggan Farm B & B
Ranked #16 of 19 Dufftown B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Laggan Farm B & B Surpassed Our Expectations!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my favorite B & B of our trip to Scotland.

Even though the bath was shared, the set-up of the large farmhouse gave us a feel of more privacy than some rooms with an en-suite. The furnishings were comfy antiques and everything was clean. The owner thought about what travelers might need - like a bathrobe. Guests could use a lounge room where the owner made a fire and brought trays of tea when it was too cold and rainy to go out. The Scottish breakfasts were huge and delicious - she even made me a special dish just because she wanted me to taste it.

There was a lovely castle ruin out our window that we explored all by ourselves and acres of beautiful Scottish farmland to roam. Oh, and it is very close to Glenfiddich and several other whisky distilleries for touring, Picturesque little town of Dufftown is nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChinaDoll1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fabulous place to stay and a proper homely B&B in the Cabrach, a couple of miles from Dufftown. Hosts Charlie and Susan welcomed us into their family home for the third time and every stay is better than the previous one. Fabulous full Scottish breakfast with only the finest ingredients from local sources sets you up for the day and no request is too much trouble - seen one negative comment posted on here about their experience but sounds like someone twisting the truth as we would give them 5/5 every single time. 8 of us stayed the full weekend without a blip - a B&B with an actual real castle view !!!

Room Tip: Ask for the castle view room or just enjoy it from the garden - you must try the black pudding
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steppe80
Haltwhistle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at Laggan farm while visiting family and can not fault it at all beautiful rooms and amazing views, Susan was fantastic and her breakfasts were out of this world, we were made to feel part of the family it is a lovely place to stay with brilliant hosts my two year old loved staying here and still talks about Susan, charlie and heidi (the dog). We had to find a charlie sheep toy the same as Susan's. Cant wait to return and stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jude S
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by a friend, stayed for 2 nights early Sep12. Lovely room and bathroom, outstanding views over farmland and Auchindoun Castle. Susan is a warm friendly hostess and lit the open fire for us in lounge which made our stay very relaxing and made us great breakfasts. On our list to return to soon.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Buzzardchick
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have to write this review even though I did not have the opportunity to stay at Laggan Farm! I booked with Susan in June 2012 to stay for ten days in October 2012. She seemed very friendly and said that the whisky festival would be over by the dates I wanted and therefore she would have a room for me. I asked if the room was ensuite, and she said no, but because I was the only guest at that time so far, she would put me into the room next to the bathroom. She then asked me what time I would be arriving, and when I told her she asked if I would like an evening meal. I said yes if that was possible, to which she replied that as it was a farm there was always something cooking for the hungry farmers, and it would be no trouble. I then asked how much deposit I must send, and she said not to bother, just pay her when I arrived.
I was then looking forward to my stay and having a complete rest, not realising what was in store for me.
I arrived on the first of October, tired, as I had driven almost 400 miles alone, and was looking forward to a nice meal. When I pulled up in the car park Susan came out of the house and asked if she could help me, not in a very welcoming voice. I said I hoped so, I was supposed to be staying with her for the next ten days, to which she replied, 'Oh no, we are closed, we closed after the Whisky festival' I said I had booked with her in June, and all she kept saying was that she was sorry we are closed. This went on for about five or ten minutes, until me, not wishing to break down in front of her, said, 'your'e not half as sorry as I am', and drove away, wondering what on earth I was going to do so late on in the day, I even contemplated sleeping in the car and looking for somewhere next morning.
How she could say that she did not have that booking is beyond me, as when I rang she wasn't in and I spoke to someone else to give the details, and Susan rang me back later. She didn't even ring round to see if someone else could have taken me in for the ten days, or part of the ten days,she just didn't try to help, all she kept repeating was that she was sorry they were closed!
That holiday could have been a disaster, but I found a person willing to help me, and I finished up having a very relaxing and refreshing time, but I never want to go through that experience ever again, and I hope that no one else ever will!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Pamela P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Susan was a great host. The rooms are very nice, well maintained. Excellent views from all the rooms. The Scottish breakfast that Susan prepares is awesome! It's a working farm. The building is more than 300 years old and overlooks the ruins of the castle

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SumeshSawhney
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have just got back from a short 1 night stay with Susan at Laggan Farm and could not have been taken care of better.
Susan was kind enough to take us in and out of Dufftown in the evening so that we could sample a few drams, and we returned in the evening to find the fire roaring and more whisky in the lounge for us to chat into the night with.
The rooms and house are decorated brilliantly and exceptionally clean. Breakfast was fantastic and the views are great. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dufftown
The Station Hotel
Castleview Bed & Breakfast
Dullan Brae Accommodation
Dullan Brae Accommodation
#3 of 19 in Dufftown

Been to Laggan Farm B & B? Share your experiences!