“ABSOLUTELY LOVELY B&B ALOT BETTER THAN SOME HOTEL CHAINS”

Castleview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 19 Dufftown B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We went here recently for our mini-moon to Dufftown, the whole place is excellent and there is alot of nice touches that make it that little bit better than other b&bs. All the food we had was fantastic. We had one evening meal made by the owner Ian which was really good. Breakfast was yummy esp the black pudding. Being able to pick your own breakfast time is a plus usually we miss breakfast in other B&Bs due to the times set. Our room was fantastic, warm and clean. Loved the coffee cups for in room drinks. Ian arranged my surprise for my new husband of a bottle of champagne in the room for arrival which was good. Would recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone who is going up to Dufftown alot better than the other ones in the town. Its a few miles out but if you have a car its no bother.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank finnsmum04
castleviewdufftown, Owner at Castleview Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2011

Thank you for your review , i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us , and look forward to meeting you again in the future .

Reviewed May 7, 2011

It was the ideal place for us to stay when visiting family in Dufftown. We were greeted with a warm welcome from Ian and Betty. Our rooms were so much more than expected - the kids loved the complimentary chocolates - everything you need for a short or long stay. The highlight of our stay was breakfast - amazing sausage and scrambled eggs!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We found this B&B via Tripadvisor and read all the good reviews, but found much more than we expected. The utterly friendly couple Betty and Ian provided us with all we needed.
Betty even invited us to a private guided tour through Glenfiddich distillery. The stay was just perfect, clean and quiet. We had perfectly cooked dinner from Ian, which we very much enjoyed.
Thank you Betty and Ian for your hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2011

A superlative B&B in every way: comfort, charm, style, hospitality, quiet, cleanliness, and location (if you prefer countryside to town----Castleview is nevertheless central and convenient to all the main attractions of Speyside).

Ian and Betty were so helpful and made us feel utterly at home in their delightful new cottage, where you can fall asleep literally under the stars to the babble of the nearby brook. We loved the garden, the spacious Castle Room with its luxurious king-size bed and its view to the romantic hilltop ruins of Auchindoun Castle. Tea and biscuits in the room and breakfast at your own time were real pluses. The spiffy shower-room is kitted out like the best boutique hotel.

All the right details in all the right places.

Thanks to Ian and Betty for a lovely stay, and we will be back soon.

Room Tip: The yummiest, scrambled eggs ever!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Absolutely outstanding hospitality provided by Ian and Betty. Could not fault the place. Lovely setting alongside the river which is beautiful to listen to while going to sleep. Lovely garden and fantastic Whiskey distilleries just 5min away of which Ian provides transport to and from for a small fee. Very good value for money and fantastic fresh food. Highly reccomend

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Our stay at castleview was just perfect...:):)... The room was incredibly cosy and clean, the bed was soooo comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The whole place is incredibly warm and friendly and charming....Yes, i'm already a fan...After breakfast we had our coffee in the garden with ian and betty and had a lovely chat. They are sooo friendly and relaxed and nice people. My only regret is that we only stayed for just one night. Castleview deserves more.... In my next trip to Scotland i''ll spend some more time at castleview and in that very beautiful region. I recommend this bb to everyone and i plan in sending my parents, my friends and everyone i know there too...:):)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I was travelling myself to Dufftown on business and stayed with Ian and Betty for one night. I had a chance to look at the website quickly before I left and thought it looked very nice but my expectations were surpassed.

I was greeted by Ian on my arrival, shown my room and made a lovely cup of coffee to warm me up. The room was large, impeccably clean and modern. I spent a couple of hours relaxing before dinner after my lengthy drive before going down for my pre-ordered dinner. The prawns and steak were fantastic followed by ice cream and fruit. Heavenly!

Ian and Betty then invited me to join them in their living room where I enjoyed an open fire, lovely wine and great company. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable and we chatted for the rest of the evening.

I had the best nights sleep in months and was again spoiled by Ian with fresh fruit, scrambled egg and smoked salmon and toast for breakfast. On my departure Ian helped me to my car with my luggage. The service was first class. Ian and Betty are just warm friendly people who are naturally attentive and welcoming. I'm afraid there was nothing I did not like or could even suggest that would have made my stay more enjoyable. I actually felt rested and rejuvenated as if I had been on holiday the next day.

I will be going back in the summer to spend some time in their garden as it looks stunning. Unfortunately I arrived and departed in the dark.

I would and will recommend Castleview to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Thanks Ian and Betty for having me

Jonathan Adam

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dufftown
Dowans Hotel
Conval House Bed And Breakfast
Broomhead Cottages
Broomhead Cottages
#4 of 19 in Dufftown

Been to Castleview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!