“SUPERB!! FIVE STARS PLUS!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castleview Bed & Breakfast

Castleview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 18 Dufftown B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“SUPERB!! FIVE STARS PLUS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

A superlative B&B in every way: comfort, charm, style, hospitality, quiet, cleanliness, and location (if you prefer countryside to town----Castleview is nevertheless central and convenient to all the main attractions of Speyside).

Ian and Betty were so helpful and made us feel utterly at home in their delightful new cottage, where you can fall asleep literally under the stars to the babble of the nearby brook. We loved the garden, the spacious Castle Room with its luxurious king-size bed and its view to the romantic hilltop ruins of Auchindoun Castle. Tea and biscuits in the room and breakfast at your own time were real pluses. The spiffy shower-room is kitted out like the best boutique hotel.

All the right details in all the right places.

Thanks to Ian and Betty for a lovely stay, and we will be back soon.

Room Tip: The yummiest, scrambled eggs ever!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Absolutely outstanding hospitality provided by Ian and Betty. Could not fault the place. Lovely setting alongside the river which is beautiful to listen to while going to sleep. Lovely garden and fantastic Whiskey distilleries just 5min away of which Ian provides transport to and from for a small fee. Very good value for money and fantastic fresh food. Highly reccomend

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Our stay at castleview was just perfect...:):)... The room was incredibly cosy and clean, the bed was soooo comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The whole place is incredibly warm and friendly and charming....Yes, i'm already a fan...After breakfast we had our coffee in the garden with ian and betty and had a lovely chat. They are sooo friendly and relaxed and nice people. My only regret is that we only stayed for just one night. Castleview deserves more.... In my next trip to Scotland i''ll spend some more time at castleview and in that very beautiful region. I recommend this bb to everyone and i plan in sending my parents, my friends and everyone i know there too...:):)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

I was travelling myself to Dufftown on business and stayed with Ian and Betty for one night. I had a chance to look at the website quickly before I left and thought it looked very nice but my expectations were surpassed.

I was greeted by Ian on my arrival, shown my room and made a lovely cup of coffee to warm me up. The room was large, impeccably clean and modern. I spent a couple of hours relaxing before dinner after my lengthy drive before going down for my pre-ordered dinner. The prawns and steak were fantastic followed by ice cream and fruit. Heavenly!

Ian and Betty then invited me to join them in their living room where I enjoyed an open fire, lovely wine and great company. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable and we chatted for the rest of the evening.

I had the best nights sleep in months and was again spoiled by Ian with fresh fruit, scrambled egg and smoked salmon and toast for breakfast. On my departure Ian helped me to my car with my luggage. The service was first class. Ian and Betty are just warm friendly people who are naturally attentive and welcoming. I'm afraid there was nothing I did not like or could even suggest that would have made my stay more enjoyable. I actually felt rested and rejuvenated as if I had been on holiday the next day.

I will be going back in the summer to spend some time in their garden as it looks stunning. Unfortunately I arrived and departed in the dark.

I would and will recommend Castleview to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Thanks Ian and Betty for having me

Jonathan Adam

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Kassel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Our three nights stay at Castleview was great. We enjoyed the warm welcome, the great hospitality and the very delicous breakfast. The fresh fruit salad was just one highlight.

Traveling with young children was no problem. Our two years old son was reading books with Betty and Ian and our 9 years old son had his own room.
The rooms were very comfortable and the garden was so beautiful.

Ian was so helpful while we had trouble with our car and he also helped us with planning our daytrips.

We´d like to come back in future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was a fantastic B&B!! Betty was very warm, friendly and welcoming to my friends and me. The whole place was immaculately clean. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean, modern, lovely, and everything worked perfectly. The bed was comfortable and I slept great. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful! I only wish I could've stayed more than one night and explored the beautiful area. We could see the picturesque castle ruin out our window. I can't wait to go back and stay again!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Venezia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Betty and Ian's home is really great! We stayed three nights and enjoyed ouselves very much. The house is on the outskirts of Dufftown, just a few minutes away from Glenfiddich distillery and other attractions. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great...the fresh fruit incredible!
We really loof forward to spend another weekend at Caslteview!
Thank you! Licia and Christian (Italy)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dufftown
Dowans Hotel
Eastbank Hotel
Eastbank Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rothes
Kildrummy Castle Hotel

Been to Castleview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!