The location of the hotel is fantastic, being right by the entrance to the jungle, although if you are staying at the other side of the river, it is easy, quick and cheap to get the park.
We stayed in a large family bungalow which was fine and had enough space for the 5 of us. It could do with updating but was clean and comfortable.
The food at the hotel was disappointing even though we given "free" breakfast and diner. The cost of drinks was very high, which meant that eating in the free restaurant was actually very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, PahangDiscover the wonders of an ancient forest at Mutiara Taman Negara. Pitch tent or check-into this forest reserve and bask in the natural surroundings of the Taman Negara park. Mutiara Taman Negara, an eco-tourism Resort that offers a variety of accommodation types promises guests this unique experience with basic amenities and sufficient modern comforts. A virgin jungle expanse covering 4,343 square kilometres, Taman Negara was established in 1939 and is the largest park in peninsular Malaysia reputed to be The Best Kept Tropical Rainforest, thanks to its protected status. With minimal damage to this special ecosystem, Mutiara Taman Negara is dimly lit to avoid scaring off wildlife and conserves energy. Everything used is biodegradable and all the wooden chalet interiors are made of natural produce. Guests at Mutiara Taman Negara will wake to the drone of cicadas, the chirping of bird species new to them and a myriad of other unfamiliar sounds that form a consistent cacophony unique to rainforests. You will begin their adventure at your door step or veranda which makes a perfect perch especially for nocturnal sightings. Sighting wildlife outside the chalet is a norm and the fruit season attracts the most number of wildlife, from the mischievous long tailed macaques, the beautiful chestnut-breasted malkoha and the thorny porcupine to the gentle slow loris. The ancient life forms that blanket Taman Negara are impressive and during each visit, Mutiara Taman Negara gives its visitors the opportunity to glimpse at the flora and fauna species estimated at 10,000 plants, 150,000 insects, 25,000 invertebrates, 675 birds, 270 reptiles, 250 freshwater fish and 200 mammals. Some of the flora and fauna found in Taman Negara are rare or indigenous to this country. If you are not travelling with a group, you can plan your trip to Mutiara Taman Negara well before you arrive or enlist the help of guides at the Park Centre. Things to do at Mutiara Taman Negara include river cruises, guided walks, bird watching, fishing, swimming by waterfalls and night safaris. The world’s longest suspended canopy walk is the most popular activity in this rainforest and you have to be prepared to queue for a while. Secured 40 metres above the forest floor, visitors have a good vantage point from here and if lucky, you can sight some curious animals. The only people who are allowed to hunt and forage are its original inhabitants, the Orang Asli people who still live a nomadic lifestyle. They farm, fish and hunt in the park and nowadays play host to curious visitors armed with flashy cameras. The women may shy away but the men folk can put on a show with some advance notice. Travelling to Mutiara Taman Negara, guests can either do the four hour scenic drive down or board a coach from a designated location in Kuala Lumpur for a 3 hour drive down followed by a 3 hour boat trip down river ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mutiara Taman Negara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Kuala Tahan
- Mutiara Taman Negara Jerantut
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Jerantut