I love the great outdoors and Taman Negara (Rainforest National Park) in Malaysia is one of my favourite place to visit when I want to get back to Nature. Each time I would stay at the Mutiara Resort. The accommodations are all wooden chalets built to blend in with the surroundings. The service at the resort is great as the staff are all very friendly and helpful.. very much a village life style, hence sometimes it will be slow and may not come out the way you want it to.
The resort accommodation are all built in chalet style and there are some domitory style of accommodation for the more budget concious. The food is great at the resort. I have to say even though I like the resort, the accommodation is clean but very tired looking and needs a whole renovation works on the room as the rooms are very tired and worn out. Please don't be expecting 4 star accommodation, I would rate it as 3 star only.
If you are going there be prepared that your mobile phones and internet may not work properly as the infrastructure support from the local telecoms is not very good. There is no entertertainment of any sort at the resort at all not even TV in the room but its still a great place to get back to nature. In the evenings, you can see from time to time wild animals wondering into the resort compound and its a wonderful sight...I can't wait for my next trip back there to explore the other parts of Taman Negara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, PahangDiscover the wonders of an ancient forest at Mutiara Taman Negara. Pitch tent or check-into this forest reserve and bask in the natural surroundings of the Taman Negara park. Mutiara Taman Negara, an eco-tourism Resort that offers a variety of accommodation types promises guests this unique experience with basic amenities and sufficient modern comforts. A virgin jungle expanse covering 4,343 square kilometres, Taman Negara was established in 1939 and is the largest park in peninsular Malaysia reputed to be The Best Kept Tropical Rainforest, thanks to its protected status. With minimal damage to this special ecosystem, Mutiara Taman Negara is dimly lit to avoid scaring off wildlife and conserves energy. Everything used is biodegradable and all the wooden chalet interiors are made of natural produce. Guests at Mutiara Taman Negara will wake to the drone of cicadas, the chirping of bird species new to them and a myriad of other unfamiliar sounds that form a consistent cacophony unique to rainforests. You will begin their adventure at your door step or veranda which makes a perfect perch especially for nocturnal sightings. Sighting wildlife outside the chalet is a norm and the fruit season attracts the most number of wildlife, from the mischievous long tailed macaques, the beautiful chestnut-breasted malkoha and the thorny porcupine to the gentle slow loris. The ancient life forms that blanket Taman Negara are impressive and during each visit, Mutiara Taman Negara gives its visitors the opportunity to glimpse at the flora and fauna species estimated at 10,000 plants, 150,000 insects, 25,000 invertebrates, 675 birds, 270 reptiles, 250 freshwater fish and 200 mammals. Some of the flora and fauna found in Taman Negara are rare or indigenous to this country. If you are not travelling with a group, you can plan your trip to Mutiara Taman Negara well before you arrive or enlist the help of guides at the Park Centre. Things to do at Mutiara Taman Negara include river cruises, guided walks, bird watching, fishing, swimming by waterfalls and night safaris. The world’s longest suspended canopy walk is the most popular activity in this rainforest and you have to be prepared to queue for a while. Secured 40 metres above the forest floor, visitors have a good vantage point from here and if lucky, you can sight some curious animals. The only people who are allowed to hunt and forage are its original inhabitants, the Orang Asli people who still live a nomadic lifestyle. They farm, fish and hunt in the park and nowadays play host to curious visitors armed with flashy cameras. The women may shy away but the men folk can put on a show with some advance notice. Travelling to Mutiara Taman Negara, guests can either do the four hour scenic drive down or board a coach from a designated location in Kuala Lumpur for a 3 hour drive down followed by a 3 hour boat trip down river ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mutiara Taman Negara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Kuala Tahan
- Mutiara Taman Negara Jerantut
- Mutiara Taman Negara Hotel Jerantut