“Great food in great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Damhuis

Damhuis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great food in great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This gem is worth a visit! The food is magnificent. Basic good seafood done REALLY well. Best prawns I have ever eaten (I travel a lot so can easily compare). The service was very efficient and my 8yr old son loved the place AND food. Extremely child friendly without being taken over by kids. This will become a regular outing on our restaurant list.

The setting is beautiful, virtually on the beach in a lovely restored historie old house.

Well done Damhuis! You have a whole new group of local fans.

2 Thank JolizeSheri

Johannesburg, South Africa
“All round great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a lovely restaurant! From the moment you step inside, you are greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. The waiters are professional and attentive without overdoing it and the food is wonderful, tasty and nicely presented and very reasonably priced. The portions are very substantial. The atmosphere is wonderful and we sat there for many hours over dinner enjoying the sunset and the ambiance. It is a great place to linger as most tables are in the fresh air in the courtyard and covered patio but I can imagine it being a really cosy place to be in winter when one is seated indoors. I went back a second time one week after my first visit and it was just as good - I will definitely visit the Damhuis again next time I'm in Cape Town!

1 Thank Nicholas K
Cape Town, South Africa
“Good food lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went there to do the outside dinner experience but ended up doing the indoor dinner experience and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere of the restaurant. The food was good and the service was good in spite of being slightly short staffed. I will be back to try the outside experience.

• Visited October 2013
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch there best bobotie I have tasted. Friend loved the starter portion of chicken livers which was substantial.

View stunning.

We returned with our husbands the next day because we were so thrilled with the experience.

Our booked table had been given away.
The food was mediocre. Had to be sent back.
Quite disappointing after our stunning lunch.

Service remained excellent.

Will give it another go when next in melkbos strand.

Wokingham, Uk
“Fantastic food and service at remarkable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We dropped into this restaurant for lunch and had what I can only say is one of the best meals of our life. The service was superb and the food quality was also great. But the price was - in our view - unbelievably good value.

Visited September 2013