“Closer to Cape Town than you think! ”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Melkbosstrand
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

If you are a tourist coming to Cape Town please consider staying in this fabulous hotel just 25 minutes from the city's waterfront. The decor is "beach chic" with cool wooden sculptures followed through from lobby to room. I had been booked into a local B and B who had a problem with my room and transferred me to this hotel and what a treat! I stayed in a beach facing queen room. It was a great size with couch area and balcony. A bar fridge and tea and coffee making we're great. Both a bath and a shower were a treat. Abigail at the front desk was excellent. She allowed me to check in early and after a very bumpy international flight it was certainly appreciated. We got back in from the city in the evening which was a comfortable drive in minimal traffic and the gentleman on reception facilitated us to have tea and milk at that late hour. With a lovely restaurant, pool deck and underground parking in a really safe area- it is a great choice in Cape Town! And tourists worrying bout safety- this is the perfect hotel for you- and locals from SA it is close to loads o great beaches, restaurants and coffee shops- book now!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank vickyfromsa
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights from 06 December 2013 to 08 December 2013. On arrival I was told by the very friendly receptionist that she could not see my booking even though I had a confirmation letter. Enter the manager. What a distasteful person to be in charge of your business. After explaining the situation he retorted that it's not his problem even after seeing the confirmation letter.He then left to check on his computer, came back and said I found your booking. No apology. Just a spiel to explain why he was not responsible for the cock up. He's the manager. They received my money. Made me think the attitude was racially motivated.
On to the unit which was not bad at all for sleeping and relaxing. But the shower kept on blocking up and discharging mess into our shower tray. I reported the matter and the young man that works in the lounge was very helpful and tried his best to fix it. Because there was no resident plumber available. It worked for about 5 minutes but after a while the muck came back into the shower tray. I developed a rash due to the overflowing muck.
I would recommend to the owner of that hotel to replace that awful manager. If it wasn't for the receptionist and the floor manager and the concierge in that hotel , one would have thought one was at hotel Rwanda.
Will never go back ever and will spread the word about the hotel. The breakfast was awesome and so was the service rendered in the lounge. Other than that would not recommend it to anyone. The local staff was excellent though.
The swimming pool was in a terrible dirty state and not fit for use. It is advertised that hotel guest is entitled to use the hotels beach towels.Well when I asked for one there was none.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist. Rooms on the top floor would be the go to avoid over flowing showers
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

R85.00 buys you a seafood lunch comprising of the catch of the day, calamari, prawns, potato wedges and a fresh salad. Great value. Meal served on the veranda in a peaceful and quiet venue and neighborhood. The hotel appears to be empty as there's seldom guests dining in the restaurant. Its a pity that the hotel doesn't market itself as a restaurant and elegant pub venue for locals to support as well as hotel guests, thus creating a lack of atmosphere due to very little patrons. That being said though, the food was good and so was the service. I appeal to the owners to inject some "life" into the hotel as in so doing, they're no doubt going to increase their revenue hugely.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gus B
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very quiet, classy, food fantastic, absolutely recommend Belon restourant. What a gem. The service we got prompt and professional and made us feel money well spend. Will defenitely be back with friends.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank trentCapeTown
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 19 - 21 December 2013. The reception staff was friendly and very helpfull. She informed us of dining options and specials available for each night at the hotel. We stayed at this hotel During our December holiday in 2012 and returned because of the friendly staff and the lovely, modern rooms. Our room was on the top floor with a partial sea view. Unfortunately the coffee machines was removed from all the rooms. The huge bathroom includes a bath, shower, basin and toilet with modern finishes. There's a small area, which includes coffee and tea, washing basin, drawers and bar fridge. Next to the bed is a double couch with table and flat screen TV. The sliding doors leads to a balcony, with enough standing space for two adults. I don't like the smoking on balconies as the smoke entered our room through the open sliding doors. The buffet breakfast included cerials, bread, muffins, fruit, yoghurt, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. The service in this area is not as great as with our previous stay. The location is walking distance to shops, the beach and the sea.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the The Atlantic Beach Hotel over the new years period, whilst other places in Cape Town were absolutely over-crowded Melkbosstrand offered us a piece of tranquility. The hotel was quaint, beautiful, very relaxing and the staff attended to all our needs with a high level of service. There is a specific staff member Abigail who was absolutely oustanding in her customer service, work ethic and values. My friends and I having frequented many foreign countries and have stayed in many chain hotels, however Abigail's service was better than many staff which we had encountered overseas. The hotel is also close to Durbanville and Stellenbosch and is a good breakaway from the mass populated parts of Cape Town such as Camps Bay, V and A Waterfront, etc. We will defnitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed in the Atlantic Beach hotel for our wedding anniversary break-away and was once again surprised by the quiet and relaxed atmosphere of this boutique hotel close to Melkbosstrand beach. The hotel has 38 rooms, which means that the hotel never feels crowded. The rooms are modern and spacious and is tastefully furnished. Our bed was as good as our one at home and we slept well. The breakfast is a continental breakfast and although the options were limited, it was very filling and we never felt hungry afterwards. The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. We also used the restaurant for some of our dinners (see separate review of Belon restaurant) and enjoyed it thoroughly. Atlantic Beach could easily become our home away from home...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melkbosstrand
Aquarius Luxury Suites
Blouberg Manor Boutique Hotel
#6 of 7 in Bloubergstrand
The Lodge at Atlantic Beach
#1 of 6 in Melkbosstrand

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!