“Nice food, but average service”
Review of Moselblick Wincheringen - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mersch, Luxembourg
“Nice food, but average service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a family lunch in that restaurant and my boyfriend and I were too early. My boyfriend said that we had had a reservation and the waitress understood that we had wanted a room. She told us to have a seat for coffee and without asking us what we wanted to drink she served us a cup of coffee. As I don't drink coffee at all, I asked for a tea.

After having had the starter, one person hadn't eaten all and the waitress didn't even ask if she had finished. She just left it on the table. We had to tell her to take it with her.

After the main meal, we waited for a long time till someone came to take the tables away.

The food was nice, but the service could have been better, especially for a hotel it hasn't been good.

• Visited July 2013

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Dismayed and deeply disappointed: never again”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Having often eaten over a period of 30 years at this restaurant with its unparalleled views of the Moselle River, my friend and I were greatly looking forward to another excellent meal. We were 'greeted' with the question, 'What do you want?' when we entered, and should have understood immediately that a radical change in management had taken place and left immediately. That set the tone for the rest of our experience. Although no other guests were there when we arrived we still had to wait 15 minutes to have our order taken and then more than one hour (this is not an exaggeration) for our meal to arrive. While the quality of the food (Iberico pork and tuna) was excellent both of our dishes had been ruined by the preparation. Another minor but disagreeable point: the square plates were too large to fit the table. On each of our plates, in addition to a baked potato overfilled with sour cream to the point one wondered where the potato was, there were two large pats of seasoned butter as well as a sauce. Neither the tuna nor the pork was hot enough to melt the butter had we wanted to use it. The only good note I could add is that the local wine, both a white and a red, were excellent. Altogether a disastrous meal. I have already alerted my friends not to consider returning unless the current management changes.

Visited September 2011
Gosport
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The food here is excellent. Our first stop in our holiday in Europe we were so impressed will make a point to return just to try the food again!

• Visited May 2011