“Beautiful atmosphere with food to match!”
Review of Osteria Pulcinella

Osteria Pulcinella
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Itri
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Osteria Pulcinella is a restaurant located in Itri ( LT ) , a country town . Menu of meat and fish and a wide selection of fine wines for customers ( local or otherwise ) . The property is located in the historic center of the village , at the foot of the Castle . Characterized by the presence of an old mill and the masonry structure , all it surrounded by some of the old ancient Naples .
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Beautiful atmosphere with food to match!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I dined at Pulcinella one night after dining at Mirabelle at Hotel Splendide Royal in Rome. Pulcinella surpassed the menu and experience we had at the award winning Mirabelle by miles. We were greeted by the very charming Bruno and Antonio and immediately treated to a delicious white desert wine. The starters were amazing, as were the delicious pasta we were served. We were too full to enjoy a meat dish following the pasta, but like another reviewer we somehow found room for dessert and coffee. The atmosphere was extremely romantic, rich with history and simply warm and intoxicating. We were thrilled to be served this authentic, delicious food by such wonderful and attentive staff in the medieval heart of Itri!

• Visited October 2012

Rome
“Ok food, good ambiance but not good value for my money”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of my B&B and the reviews on Trip Advisor. The Osteria is in the historic city center of Itri and the place is charming with a little terrace and several tables in a grotto like area. I had read that people were put off by the EUR18 appetizer and so when the owner came up and began pressing the appetizer on us we opted to go directly to the pasta course. We were never given a menu and never knew how much things were. I had the spaghetti with clams and my boyfriend had the spaghetti alici. Neither plate was exceptional and the seafood seemed frozen and not fresh. For the second course I got shrimp (EUR14 for 4 shrimp) and my boyfriend got a steak that he described as barely edible. I would not return because the food was really just ok and I did not feel like it was good value for what I ate.

• Visited September 2012
Rome, Italy
“Brunello il Pulcinelo”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We loved ALL starters and we LOVED ALL first dishes. Then we stopped because we were full!! Of course there was room for the delicious desserts and a coffee to top everything off.
PS: And my pal is a chef and food critic, so he knows his stuff..

Visited August 2012
Weelde, Belgium
“A warm evening in Itri .”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A beautiful osteria in the historical center of the city . A warm wellcome of the two hosts . One of them asked Wath we would like to eat and told us the menu. We had a verygood diner for a correct price !
So we came back the next evening . Thank you boys !
Danny, Chris and Luka (weimaraner) from basta poco in Belgium .

• Visited July 2012
Helsingborg
“A perfect restaurant in Itri”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

There is Itri a very nice village 130km south of Rome. The village is pretty with a very nice old castle.I can advice Osteria PulcinellaThis is a very nice restaurant in the old Itri. Food is perfect with a big attention to the local food tradition.The taste of the food is perfect and the price is honest in compare with the quality.

• Visited April 2012