I'm a 35 year old Mother of two girls,4 years old and 6 months. I needed a hotel within easy reach of everything and in need of kitchen facilties and air con. We didnt book all inclusive due to me being worried about not having a kitchen but i was told every room does have a fridge,kettle and microwave. There are only 4 places to eat within walking distance close to the hotel, otherwise you need a cab ride to Fornells which is 7.20 euros. Fornells is lovely full of restaurants facing the harbour and a few nice shops but not much else. We ended up paying 15 euros per adult to eat in the hotels buffet restaurant which was lovely! Plenty of choice for everyone and wine, beer and soft drinks on tap. I wish we had gone all inclusive! The best restaurant is Cafe del nord, its right up the hill but well worth the walk up! The area is generally hilly a bit difficult with a pram but not too bad. The beach was very close and not at all crowded considering it was August! Sun loungers were 5 euros but the lady took all day to turn up to collect the money. The sea is shallow for some distance perfect for kids. The hotel is run by an italian entertainment team who speak little english. Nothing is translated within any of the hotel information packs or on the message boards. There is a kids club however due to my little girl being english speaking she could only join in with the 9pm "mini disco" which she loved! There are two large pools, one with a very shallow childrens section and its very warm. The main pool has music through the day with various activities around the pool. The other pool to the right when facing the beach has more english people but less beds and is very deep! There is also a tiny square pool which looks like its private but reception said its ok to use. We did have an ant problem but one call to reception and powerful spray we didnt see another one again!! The rooms are basic but clean we were on the ground floor room J108 just up passed a supermarket. Although we only had two pans, one frying pan not much else apart from glasses and plates. They provide toilet roll, the room is cleaned every other day. We were lucky the room was in a shaded area as the air con is rubbish! We were however little cooler at night but I'm sure it was just our location! The supermarket is VERY expensive. There is no ATM machine in the hotel you have to go to Fornells for this and reception do not change up euros. The staff were very friendly although not that helpful when i asked where we could find more restaurants or places to go other than Fornells. The taxi from the airport is around 30 mins and cost us around 40 euros. The bar stuff didnt have any trouble with our card we needed to top up with money through reception as we managed to order vodkas and beers with no issues although it was 5 euros for a vodka and coke. Getting drinks from the supermarket was slightly cheaper. I would suggest hiring a car too as there is nothing near the resort unless you like staying put. There is a bus service with very odd times to Fornells and Son Parc for around 2 euros each. The water park was an hour away and cost 20 euros per adult and I think around 15 for child but with a cab ride would work out around 200 euros for the day out so we gave that a miss! Again if you hire a car this would be a great day out! If you like staying close to the hotel and dont mind being in an italian driven hotel than its defo worth bookiing! Menorca is a lovely place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carema Club Resort is located on the sea front with direct access to Cala Tirant beach, on the North coast of Menorca. All apartments have air conditioning, safe box (additional charge), bathroom, kitchen, free Wifi connection and TV. Superior apartments and Sea View Superior apartments have been redecorated in a medite-rranean style in 2015. Carema Club Resort is the perfect place for your family holidays with its on-site water park "Splash Park" and a full entertainment & all ages activities program, highlighting the main swimming pool, the restaurant buffet style "Vistamar" with its Kids zone, 2 "à la Carte" restau-rants, a Kids Playground and sport tracks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carema Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carema Club Playa Hotel Fornells
- Carema Hotel Fornells
- Carema Hotel Playa
- Carema Club Resort Fornells, Minorca