Having read some of the earlier reviews we were a bit worried about what it would be like, but we were pleasantly surprised. The resort was clean, beautifully laid out, and the three pools were lovely, although we are more beach and explore kind of people. I would highly recommend hiring a car, as the island is beautiful and very easy to drive around and explore. Especially recommend visiting the wild tortoises at the Nature Reserve! The reception staff were lovely, and couldn't have been more helpful, I don't know what other reviewers mean by not speaking English, or not being friendly towards the English. We were very fussy about our room as we like a quiet top floor room with a view, and they couldn't have done more to accommodate us. We also asked about a missing lightbulb and before the end of the day it had been replaced. Although on the ground floor rooms you can hear people walking about above you (please, please take your shoes off if there is someone below you!!), otherwise the soundproofing was pretty good. The equipment is basic, and if you want anything other than the bare essentials you will have to take your own. We didn't have much to do with the rest of the staff as we were self-catering, and we hadn't counted on being near the end of the season, so some of the facilities, like the buffet and entertainment were closed, but we didn't mind that as it made it quieter, and there were some lovely restaurants nearby. A particular recommendation has to go to Cafe del Nord, who went out of their way to cook me a vegetarian meal (if you go there, tell them I said hi!). The one evening we did get to eat at the buffet at the hotel, my partner was very impressed with the quality and variety. It was more limited for vegetarians, but I'm used to that, and
at least I couldn't argue at the quantity of wine that was included in the price! We would definitely go back to the resort, as it was friendly, didn't feel commercialised, is in a quiet part of the island, but the rest of the island is easily accessible. It was everything we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carema Club Resort is located on the sea front with direct access to Cala Tirant beach, on the North coast of Menorca. All apartments have air conditioning, safe box (additional charge), bathroom, kitchen, free Wifi connection and TV. Superior apartments and Sea View Superior apartments have been redecorated in a medite-rranean style in 2015. Carema Club Resort is the perfect place for your family holidays with its on-site water park "Splash Park" and a full entertainment & all ages activities program, highlighting the main swimming pool, the restaurant buffet style "Vistamar" with its Kids zone, 2 "à la Carte" restau-rants, a Kids Playground and sport tracks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carema Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carema Club Playa Hotel Fornells
- Carema Hotel Fornells
- Carema Hotel Playa
- Carema Club Resort Fornells, Minorca