“Beautiful setting. Lovely food”
Review of Cafe del Nord

Cafe del Nord
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Fornells
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly reception. Made to feel welcome on our first evening. Lovely seafood and a perfectly done steak. Our 6 year old slightly ODd on the delicious squid. Nice views to boot.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I came to Cafe del Nord with my wife in July 2013, inspired by the enthusiastic reviews on tripadvisor.

Unfortunately, we left a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, food is OK, at a reasonable price and with impeccable service. However, there is nothing really remarkable here which would make me want to come back.

The menu proposes the classics you can get in other places in Menorca and targets the tourists living in the Fornells area...nothing more, nothing less.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Ate there three times, and to be honest would had eaten there every night had we had better transport links. The steak was to die for, and was done perfect. Trust me when I say you will find it hard to have a better steak. Great service and altought the venue was always busy we got served quite quickly. I highly reccomend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our first time @ Cafe del Nord, what a great lunch! We knew already we were going for the menu as we wanted to taste both the famous caldereta and arroz meloso. I have to say, the menu was the best option to enjoy typical food from Menorca, starting from the sobrasa with honey as starter to the menorcan ice cream cheese for desert which surprised me - loved it!
Service was perfect, great attention. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have just come back from a week's break in Fornells and accidentally stumbled across this gem of a restaurant. Paco and his team take real pride in their standards and it really shows. On our second visit we had the chateaubriand and we are still talking about it. Wow!! I'm a big meat lover and have had chateaubriand in many different restaurants but this was by far my favourite. Well done amigos! This restaurant deserves recognition and I whole heartedly recommend it. On our last visit we both had fish dishes which were exceptional. The attention to detail, presentation and genuine pride in their food was exceptional and I have to say, very reasonably priced. I wouldn't have flinched paying double for their food. Next time I'm in Menorca, I will definitely be back. See you soon.