“Dinner on Christmas Eve”
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Burgess Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent meal. From the minute we entered through the door we were treated very well, as we arrived too early, a table was found & we sat & had a drink until our table was ready.
There was three of us & we had starters & main course from the a la carte menu. Excellent service great atmosphere. There was a birthday celebration there as well & we all joined in & then we had a bit of a Xmas sing song, a fab time was had by all.

2  Thank ChrisG47-12

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The location is not great but thats part of its charm I guess. The food is very good - the menu is not like the predictable stuff you get in bland offerings like Prezzo and Zizzi (which are not wven Italian).

Wine can be a bit pricey but overall good value for money.

It is alway full and sometimes the staff can be rushed - always best to book

1  Thank magoadrianino
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been going here recently as I moved into the area and went for lunch, advertised at £3 a dish. So good, I had two courses at £3 each making £6 each time, with reasonable priced wine by the glass. The pasta is very good here, especially the linguine with prawns and courgettes in a cream sauce. I do not think the pizzas are that great, they are not very cheesy and low on pepperoni which is what I had, rather a dry experience.( american hot) You can sit in the window area which is opened up to the street in summer, and have a lovely little lunch and catch up on your trade magazines which is what I do, and enjoy watching the world go by. I went back and tried a Calzone for lunch which was very good. I hope he does the lunch menu again next year, I love it there, Lunchtime is run by the owner, who has a very heavy Italian accent, but I have never been in the evening so I cannot say any more on this.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This restaurant is very close to where we live so handy for an evening out as a couple or with friends, all within walking distance of home. We've eaten here on several occasions and have a brilliant time on every visit either as a two or in a group and always showered with attention from the passionate staff. The restaurant is very small (like eating in someones front room) but this is part of the charm and what makes it so brilliant. The atmosphere is fab and the Italian guys who own it are attentive, polite and can not do enough for you. Because it's a small place, I would definitely recommend booking to avoid disappointment. The food and wine are very good - the pizzas are my favourite and friends have raved about the chicken and steak dishes. Sides do need to be added on, but plenty for two to share whether it's a salad, vegetables or potatoes. The real fun begins at approx 9pm when the music is turned up, classic Italian songs are played as the staff hand out pots, pans and wooden spoons to diners and encourage everyone to clap, sing and clang along. The same thing happens when it's someone birthday and the whole restaurant joins in! Not the most romantic meal but we have gone as a couple and still happy to join in and have a laugh. Very reasonably priced and better than any Italian high-street chain.

1  Thank A K
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I spent our wedding anniversary here having dinner. In the past we have been slightly disappointed but hallelujah not this time. The meal from start to finish was wonderful. Perfectly cooked scallops, lamb and steak. Dessert was outstanding, I had the poached pears. Everything was cooked to order and therefore excellent. We had a delicious bottle of wine that was reasonably priced and complimented the food well. We have booked again and look forward to another great evening.