“Excellent food and unbeatable service”
Review of India Garden

India Garden
Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Burgess Hill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've visited the India Garden many times and have never had a bad experience. Whenever I've ordered a chicken or meat dish, the meat has always been of great quality and very tender. The sauces are tasty, too, and plate-warmers are always used to keep your food piping hot.

The staff are attentive and friendly and go to great lengths to keep the customer happy. On a recent visit, I was there with my family and an hour after ordering, the food had still not arrived. That was the first time we'd had to wait such a long time. However, the staff were very apologetic and told us the delay was down to an error in the kitchen, which would have resulted in one of us having the wrong meal; matters had also not been helped by a big rush of takeaway orders. Without any prompting from us, a complete round of drinks was scrubbed from the bill to make up for the delay. We were more than happy with this and went on to enjoy a terrific meal.

The interior is warm and traditional, and there's a great atmosphere. Even though it was early in the evening on my last visit, the place was quite busy, with very few empty tables.

The people who run this establishment like to come and have a chat and know exactly what good customer service is. I can thoroughly recommend the India Garden to anyone seeking a good Indian meal.

The one thing I would change is the sweetness of the Korma and Kashmiri sauces. They're rather too sweet for my tastes but that's purely subjective.

There are newer reviews for India Garden

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had the vegetable samosas and the Dinner for 2. What a grand mix of foods -- the appetizers came right away, and the main course took awhile to arrive but it was okay since we had been munching on appetizers. Though we were famished when we arrived, there was a lot of food, and we walked out with at least half the meal. I will go out of my way to return to this restaurant!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been going to the India Garden since I was a child (almost 40 years!!). I have never had a bad meal there and go frequently because of the quality of the dishes and the friendly service.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

If your looking for a old fashioned indian restaurant, authentic spiced sauces, tender fresh meat and a friendly welcoming service then look no further. The owners have been here for 40 odd years and built up a ever growing customer following based on great food and a fantastic service. The owner sadiq is a bubbly happy guy who will do everything and more to ensure you have a great meal weather eating in or take away. I have tried every curry house in burgess hill and haywards heath and this is by far the best. In fact i cant think of a place better than here anywhere. I have have lamb tikka starter which is so tender it melts in your mouth, its beautifully spiced and comes with a fresh salad. for main i either have chicken madras with the occasional vindaloo, again the chicken is always cooked to perfection in a very tasty spiced sauce. Everyone i take there are now regular customers. Only down side is i live in haywards heath and have to go and collect it as there is no delivery service, but even that has a good side as its nice to see the guys and say hello. highly recommend.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a restaurant that from the outside looks nothing special. Inside it icould be considered old fashioned decor- but the welcome is warm, the service very helpful and friendly, a real family business. The food is great, full of flavour, not greasy and staff are happy to advise on what dish may go with another. I had chicken mossala, tender meat in plenty of sauce. Great tarka daal, slightly smokey flavour, thick and very moreish. We will be going back, both for the food and the lovely welcome and service. My partner had chicken tikka and although a bit different to the usual tikka, he said it was the best he has tasted.