“Happy meal”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Happy meal”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had my 21 year old birthday party at Hins last two weeks. I received a birthday gift from Hins as they knew it was a birthday party. It made my birthday party more memorable and I do appreciate it as they really did prepare something for the birthday one. They do provide excellent and considerate customer service, very kind-hearted indeed. I had a very good day indeed, at Hins.

Visited May 2014

Lewes
“Used to be good”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I (I sound like the queen!) have been going to this restaurant for 20 years. Whilst the managers/owners have changed the food has been pretty consistent. In a good way. We order a take away to be delivered which is relatively new in our area and i mention this incase it's relevant to the quality of the food. The food came in 40 mins as they said it would but was so tasteless neither of us could eat more than a couple of mouthfuls. The rice was grey and the noodles tasted of fat. The duck looked more like pork and one of the dishes was
not what we ordered. It literally looked liked they had scraped the left overs into take away boxes. We ordered it whilst watching Soccer Aid and felt sick on many levels as we wished we'd saved our money in order to make a bigger donation to Unicef instead. Won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Clare E
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Fab!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had friends gathering at Hins last week. Foods were stunning, espeically, its starters. We had bottles of house red. Nice house red indeed, with Hins' own label on it. Very friendly and welcoming staffs. Pleasant experience indeed!

• Visited April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in Miles!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've visited Mei Xin Hins on a number of occasions over the years and have yet to encounter a bad meal or dining experience. Service is always very friendly and I'm always made to feel like a welcomed and highly valued customer. The food is especially delicious and avoids the oily, greasy tastes of most wannabe Chinese restaurants I've come across. They have a surprisingly extensive menu with some of the best mussels (oddly) I've ever had. They don't scrimp on portions and offer what I find to be very reasonable value for money. They play traditional Chinese music but like any of these places, the atmosphere is what you choose to make it. It's with great service and food that I keep looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited February 2014
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a comfortable restaurant offering pleasant and quick service combined with well prepared and tasty food albeit a little on the pricey side.The restaurant ambient temperature could do with being a bit warmer.

• Visited November 2013