Palace of the Golden Horses
Mangga Hotel(Sri Kembangan)
$24
$18
Agoda.com
Sun Inns D'mind 1(Sri Kembangan)
$14
$12
Agoda.com
KK Hotel Equine(Sri Kembangan)
$30
EST Equine(Sri Kembangan)
$46
$38
All reviewsfree shuttlekuala lumpurchinese restaurantkim mawedding dinnermines resortluxurious hotelcoffee housegrand salonlobby loungedeluxe roomlake viewmines shopping centregolf courseboat ridecarouselstatues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2010

About 10 to 12 years old and is a huge, truly wonderful building with 400 plus rooms. Our section and our room would only be classed a 3 star and was showing it's age and in need of up grading. Having said that a number of the rooms were being done out and a large area of one wing was closed off and under reconstruction. Did not check out other sections of the building however some parts had been recently renovated to a high standard. A large pool and well equiped free gym. Several dining rooms ( Chinese, Japanese and Indian) with what appeared a good range. We only tried the bistro (good) as we prefer to eat out where the locals eat. The modern Mines shopping complex a short ride away. Get there by water taxi across a large lake, at a small cost. A free courtesy bus runs reasonably regularly both to Mines shopping complex and into KL city, about 20k's away. Taxi's at the door and are a reasonable price. All staff we encountered were wonderful. Free Internet was very slow and no wi fi. Several good golf courses at the door. Would go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Flight was delayed back to London, so airline put passengers into this hotel.
There was an odour throughout the hotel, which was not fresh roses.
Rooms were dirty, carpets stained, wires hanging out of bathroom tiles, the list goes on.
View from hotel was probably the best thing about this very short stay
Would certainly not use my own money to stay in this hotel.
5 star it is not, 2 maybe!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trafficjam70
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Before my trip I checked out their website and thought what a nice place for a week. I checked-in and realized those photos were from grand opening 20 plus years ago. The outside of the hotel needs work, the room smelled musty, the carpet looked as if it was pieced together, furniture was old and worn, mold in shoer and bath, toilet stained light brown and dirty, shower hot water knob spun (they did come fix) and the food was not worth eating. Located outside Kuala Lumpur about 20 minutesand nothing is real close to the hotel. I spent my one night out of the scheduled 7 searching for a new hotel and I found one and checked out the next morning. I would not recommend anyone stay here!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Similar to other reviewers have shared, although PGH is known as "Asia’s most extra-ordinary hotel" and to be honest, it does not up to the 5-star resort's standard. The resort might have be a luxury 5-star resort back in the 90's but due to the strong competitions out there, this resort really needs to undergo certain renovations in order to upgrade its facilities.

PGH's got very spacious rooms but the furnitures are abit *old*. Nevertheless, I liked the spacious bathroom, especially the big mirror next to the bathtub & those horses designed amenities. The location of the resort is not good, very far away from city centre and there is no public transportations nearby (unless u take the cab / taxi). Anyhow, the resort does provide free shuttle to the city.

The nearest shopping mall is The Mines (I think it's known as Capital Retail now), free shuttle is provided from PGH. You may opt to go to the shopping mall by Cruise, with the charge of RM5-7 per person. The shopping centre is quite *old* (if you're those who are into trendy fashions), but you may try out the Mines Cruise for a different shopping experience.

The front desk staffs weren't professional enough, it took us a while to check-in to our room as they couldn't find our reservations! No apologies were given, do remember to remind them again upon check-in if you've got any special requests. There were a lot of groups checked-in during the evening (there were events going on if not mistaken). Hence, the restaurant were FULL of people during the morning breakfast.

A big resort whereby you could spend some time in exploring the facilities, restaurants etc. The staffs should be trained to be more professional and able to speak fluent English since this is a 5-star rating resort! If you're expecting for a 5-star experience's stay in this resort, you may get dissappointed though. Nevertheless, you may find it better if you expect lesser :p

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed February 15, 2010

On October 26th I was scheduled to leave Kuala Lumpur on Flight MH149 for Melbourne. Due to a number of problems the flight was cancelled on the 26th and rescheduled for the afternoon of the following day. Hotel rooms were organised, by Malaysia Airlines, for all passengers. I was unlucky enough to be sent to Palace of the Golden Horses. On arrival, at some time in the early hours of the morning, we were told there were no rooms available and that the hotel had no idea any arrangements had been made for us to stay there. We were made to feel most unwelcome and given not a great deal of help except by one manager whose name, unfortunately, I do not know. However, we were kept in the foyer for about two hours and it was almost time to leave for a friendlier hotel before we were given even a bottle of water each.
I find it almost impossible to believe that the hotel is classified locally as six star! Where is the service component? I have stayed in good hotels around the world and have never been treated so inconsiderately. I accept that there was an error somewhere - where I have no idea - but I would say that I cannot imagine that Malaysia Airways would despatch us to an hotel with which it had not been in contact. I have asked management for some explanation of our treatment. I have received no reply nor to two follow up letters.
I intend returning to Malaysia at some time and spending some time in Kuala Lumpur but rest assured I would NEVER consider staying at the Palace of the Golden Horses

• Stayed: October 2009