“Kim Ma Cantonesefusion restaurant”

Palace of the Golden Horses
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sri Kembangan
Reviewed June 28, 2014

had one of the best Cantonese meals ever, we were not sure what to order but ,the staff especially Benjamin the manager suggested may be one of the best scallop meals we have ever tasted.
I could not recommend this restaurant ,without thanking them for one of our best experiences .
the restaurant has only been recently renovated, has the surrounding to match the staff talents.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ffilia45
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here with us.

We are delighted that your dining experience here with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations and we would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The horse theme gets carried to extreme: everywhere you look are horses! The hotel is huge, and much is on a grand scale, but sometimes that seems like a folly: looking good but not quite working, having to walk upstairs and downstairs again to get somewhere close, or having to walk long ways around the grounds to get somewhere simple. Service was average, a bit hit and miss. The breakfast buffet was reasonable, serving a variety of foods to serve different tastes. Rooms were quiet and clean. While it is good overall, and from what I've seen, the best in the area, I wouldn't rate it 5-star. So, if you're in the area, such as I was, for work nearby, it would be worth staying there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrea B
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us. We believe that it is only through guest feedback that we are able to continue to improve on our services and facilities.

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Nevertheless, we have taken actions from your comments and rest assures the comments on direction signage's around the places in process of improving.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your support and patronage. At the same time we look forward to welcoming you to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Best regards

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Checked into this hotel late for a rest. From the outside looks magnificent same for the foyer. The room was clean but certainly not what id expect for a 5 star hotel.

Bathroom was horrible not clean and water not running warm. Very disappointing.

Worst was waking up in the morning to be covered in bites, hopefully from mosquitoes. Over 10 on my face and even more all over my body. I look as if I have chicken pox with all the bug bites.

Certainly not what you'd expect from a property such as this. Very disappointed and won't stay here again.

2  Thank Gabrielle M
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay recently. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and am very sorry that the services rendered not up to the expectation.

Rest assured, this is not standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to personally discuss the issues highlighted with the team members, ensuring the team focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Once again, our sincerest apologies and we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The worst ever encounter wifi. It drops so frequent that you need to reconnect every 2-3mib. The "beauty" is only 1 guest can log on at a time. Nice refurbished hotel room though part of the hotel is tired looking. Do not open the window in the room unless you would like to invite mosquito to share the room with you. But we have them joining us partying in the lounge. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but the hotel provides a pathetic 10seater hourly shuttle bus to the nearby mall.

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay especially the mosquitoes issue and we will address this issue with the pest control vendors. For your information, transportation services and WIFI system upgrading works is on progress where can experience the new look and providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Best regards

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Clean spacious and beautiful room. The room I stayed in was comfortable and cosy. Very spacious rooms which were probably considered high class about 15 years ago. The staff smiled all the time and nothing was to much bother for them. We have stayed in 5 Star Hotels all over the world. But, nothing can compare to this hotel. The rooms are large and very luxurious, so are the bathrooms they have every facility that you can think of. However, only one person is allowed access to the free wifi per room The Wifi keeps cutting out and had to re logged in every15 mins. The Japanese restaurant was Awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the lake and closer to the Lift.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

At the same time, we noted your feedback about the areas for improvement (WIFI) which we will definitely address with our team. We look forward to showing you improved service on your next visit. Our team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel more often.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

the views are amazing... scenery outside the hotel was wow... but thats it
food is terrible... 2 days to get bath robes...smelly... water dripping from ceiling .....not well maintained at all....plus it is very far from mid kuala ....it was the worst part of my Malaysia vacation.... even the staff are rude...... this hotel with better maintenance can be a landmark...but they ruined it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost we thank you for taking the time to provide your value feedback on your recent stay here with us.

Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings on our service standards and the inconvenience caused. Your value comments have been shared with our respective department heads to look into the matter seriously.

We will address the defects in the room with the respective team immediately and front liner service standard. We always strive to ensure every guest of Palace of the Golden Horses, in meeting their needs where through feedback which we take these comments constructively for improvement of our service standards.

Once again, our apologies for the inconveniences and we thank you for your support and patronage. Last but not least, we look forward to welcoming you to Palace of The Golden Horses in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family and I checked into the hotel in June 2014.
When we arrived in the room, I noticed that water was leaking at the side of the toilet bowl and the floor was wet and it was an unpleasant sight. I was wondering then how the problem could remained that way when it is obviously noticeable to the housekeeper that comes in to clean each time a guest check out. The housekeeper should have highlighted the faulty plumbing so that the problem could have been rectified. However, as I was very tired after a long drive, I did not alert the hotel staff regarding the above issue.

The next morning, as I was about to shower, to my dismay, the water heater was not functioning. The water suddenly turned to extremely hot despite the fact that I turned on both the hot and cold tap to set for warm water. As I was in the mist of showering, the faulty heater kept interchanging from cold water to very hot water. This was very frustrating and in the end I turned off the hot tap and showered with cold water despite feeling chilly and cold. The mentioned problem also posed a danger to my young daughter as she may be scalded if she were to shower first. I immediately made a call to the telephone operator on duty. When I told her the problem, she was
very impolite and sounded impatient with my complaints. The mentioned staff was not my only unpleasant experience. I find the receptionist at the lobby rude and unfriendly as well. she looked unhappy and gave me a hostile look when I requested for the comment sheet and a pen. Is this the way they were trained to treat the hotel guests?

3  Thank linchen2014
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your value feedback.

Nevertheless our sincere apologies for the shortcomings on our service standards. Your comments have been shared with our respective department heads to look into the matter seriously especially the faulty plumbing and operator services.

Once again, our apologies for the inconveniences and we look forward to welcoming you to Palace of The Golden Horses in your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sri Kembangan
Palm Garden IOI Resort City
Dorsett Putrajaya
Dorsett Putrajaya
#6 of 9 in Putrajaya

Been to Palace of the Golden Horses? Share your experiences!