“Good food, great venue” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sri Kembangan
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Good food, great venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had our baby fullmoon celebration at the hotel's Polo Lounge on 4th May, 2013. I must say the buffet items I've selected were great! From the starter to the main course and then the dessert, all are just the right food and great taste. I must give a five-star to the roast lamb! The staff are polite and helpful, none of my guests are left unattended. It was a great night overall. The only drawback is the place that the dessert were served may not be the perfect spot as it attracts ants on the desserts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is not a five star one, the hotel desperately needs a major overhaul. It looks run down and not pleasant.

The room I was in was ok. There was no bedroom sleepers, no bathrobes, just the minimal amenities. Very disappointing. The TV channels were not clear. All I could view was Fox sports, BBC and Cinemax! Room service was fast but what extras I requested for did not come.

I stayed at the hotel as it was near the Bukit Jalil Stadium which was suppose to hold the FC Barcelona friendly match. So the only positive note I have to comment about the hotel was the fast and efficient assistance I received from Mahes, from the Concierge station. He went out of his way to arrange transportation for me - to and back the Stadium for the 2 nights I went to the Stadium. He was alert and ensured I was safely in the taxi. The taximan Purmal should also be recommended cos he actually walked to guide me back to the taxi after the match!

The Reception should have more staff as I had to wait half an hour before I checked in as there were only 2 receptionists in attendance. Upon checkout, there was only one receptionist! I had breakfast at 9.45am both mornings and I could not find a table which was set, there were many tables left uncleaned and I had to ask for forks, spoons, butter knives!! Service was so bad I used my fork to scoop the butter onto my bread! The traffic during breakfast is very heavy and I suggest the hotel take a look at how to better the service during peak hours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Sirs,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we apologise that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve.

Rest assured, this is not standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to personally discuss the issues highlighted with the hotel team members in concern, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that in the Palace of the Golden Horses.

Once again, our sincere apologies and we appreciate you alerting us on your stay. We hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 5 days. The décor is breath-taking and the entire property is awesome. The staff is very friendly and helpful especially Mr Amir and Ms Jessy. The shuttle service is a big boon. The rooms could be spruced up a bit, but all-in-all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank itty2013
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking time to rate us with your valuable feedback and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team works hard to deliver a memorable experience and I am glad that we have done so on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to the palace of the golden horses. The property is too huge and one is mesmerised by the passion that the owners have for horses. It's reflected everywhere in and outside the hotel.. The grand lobby entrance is breath taking. How ever what I have realised in my last 2 visits is that the 800 room property lacks the service .. There have been many a times when I had to call up on the quick service and wait for hours for someone to come and fix up things . While the hotel is a beauty. Fr people who wish to travel to KL to enjoy shopping and night life. This can be a little out of the city kinds. By a regular taxi it takes around RM30 and with the blue taxi it takes around RM 60 to reach twin towers .. And if you are caught n bad traffic jams this can be a 45 minute ride ..but a must visit place to stay

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rahulakkara

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us.

We are delighted that your experience during your stay here with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations and we too noted on our shortcomings which has been address to the team concern. We would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for your feedback.

The Villages
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for over a week and would definitely return. We found the service to be outstanding and the staff anxious to please, without exception. There are multiple restaurants to choose from within the hotel so it's not necessary to leave for dinner if you don't want to. However, if you do care to leave, the hotel provides a free shuttle service to either central KL or the nearby shopping mall. The grounds are phenomenal, with lawns that closely resemble putting greens. There is a beautiful pool and surrounding gardens with a water slide and several separate pools for privacy. There's also a workout facility and live music at times in the lobby area. The breakfast that is provided for the guests has everything you could ask for. It is so good that you need to be prepared to have added on some pounds at the end of your visit. I would be remiss if I did not point out that it is NOT a new hotel and, as such, some things are worn and may even be broken. We did, in fact, have 3 things that didn't work. However, our experience was that when notified, the staff quickly responded to alleviate whatever the problem was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lchard

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here with us.

We are delighted that your experience during your stay here with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations and we would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Good value for money.
Delicious foods...I had my wonderful dinner with my family at Carousel and Kino Uma Restaurant.
Friendly staff.
Wonderfull view at lakeside.
Water taxi was good..from the hotel to the other side of lake.
The shopping complex also nearby.Very convenience.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Muhamad,

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here with us.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is huge and the decor is unbelievable. The attention to detail is simply amazing. The rooms and bathrooms are a decent size and clean. The hotel food is OK, the Chinese restaurant wasn't worth the money and you can get far better street food. Plenty of choice at breakfast and the cafe served nice sandwiches. The pool looks as though it was a bit of an after thought but great for children. The area next to the pool looks run down and needs a touch up and the towels look as though they have been used for years. The trip across the lake was pleasant but the water taxis don't run on time. The Wellness Hotel is shabby and really not worth a visit. This place would have been magnificent when it first opened. All in all though I would visit again for a short break.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya
Mangga Hotel
Mangga Hotel
#2 of 11 in Sri Kembangan

Been to Palace of the Golden Horses? Share your experiences!