Palace of the Golden Horses
Sun Inns D'mind 1(Sri Kembangan)
Free cancellation until 05/31
Free cancellation until 05/31
$34
$31
Orbitz.com
KK Hotel Equine(Sri Kembangan)
$23
$21
Agoda.com
EST Equine(Sri Kembangan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree shuttlekuala lumpurchinese restaurantkim mawedding dinnermines resortluxurious hotelcoffee housegrand salonlobby loungedeluxe roomlake viewmines shopping centregolf courseboat ridecarouselstatues
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is first time we check in this hotel. When we check it , yes, it did give us a good impression. But services given very slow, seem like only can serve one guest at a time although they have time talk each other.Room is big but the a bit smelly .Is very quiet place but facilities is bad.Dinner that we have not bad, restraurant staff serving is nice with the smile greeting, this the only point i like it. When we know there is compliment shuttle to KLCC,we has book it ( limited places).One next day, we check out and waiting for the shuttle , after an hour only we know we are not allow to take the shuttle to KLCC because we carrying a bag.We are told is ok to carry a bag , after that we have few complaint why the information given is different.The worst service that i have get is the feedback from the staff saying " I dont care, this is not my business , you can refer to duty manager" ...... One word, BAD service , so disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helen2876
RmenziesPGH, General Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Helen287

Thank you for your feedback regarding your unpleasant experience while staying with us. Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that service improvements will be made. I am disturbed with some of the contents in your feedback and in order to facilitate and conduct this findings; please do contact me at rmenzies@pgh.mines.com.my so that I can address these concerns personally.
Thank you.

M

Reviewed January 28, 2013

In short, room is great, well renovated n designed. In other areas, it could seriously be serious to improve:
1. Pillows are old, grouchy and have seen better days,
2. Gym rubber handles are smelly, unhygienic and equipment are Rusty, glue taped and old. Gym towels are torn or non-existent,
3. Place is mosquitoes infested and I can see them practically controlling the changing room.
4. Internet access is ancient, non consistent and out of tune with modern needs even if part of free facilities

For a 5 star, I guess the management has failed miserably.

Otherwise, it is a good property.

• Stayed: January 2013
RmenziesPGH, General Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Philor1

Thank you for staying with us recently and please allow me to offer you my personal apologies for all the unpleasant experience you have endured during your stay. I have read your valuable feedback you have provided for our continuous improvement.

To give you an update we have just completed our deluxe and dignitaries floor rooms hardware upgrade and now in the process of replacing the soft refurnishing, upgrading of our Gym, lounge and our functions rooms and I am sure all this will be completed in due time including Internet service provider.
Rest assured that you see improvement on your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you all back to the Palace of the Golden Horse and please do not hesitate to contact me rmenzies@pgh.mines.com.my on your next visit for me to make the necessary arrangement.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had orinallybooked this hotel for three nights through Laguna because they have an affiliation with this hotel. I had reservations with its standard though due to the reviews that I have read before going on our 29 day trip on December 22. We checked in on 17 January 2013. At check in I asked if I could extend our stay for another night for one of the rooms because we had a very late night flight. I was told that their room rate was 754 rm and could be more or less depending on the availability. I decided to leave the booking as is which was just as well. We checked in before 7 pm but one of our room wasn't ready. We were given rooms 6009 and 6011. Up on getting outility of the lift on the 6th floor we could smell mould. It was over powering. It was like a maize to get to our room. Since only one room was ready we decided to go to the mines shopping, the food in the food court was terrible. The water taxi wasn't clean, seats heavily stained and part of the vinyl was torn. It was a long walk to the shopping centre from the water taxi stop.

When we returned to the room, my daughter complained about ants being all over the wall. I rang house keeping and asked them to get a spray there for us.the second room 6009 was ready. First impression was great. It was spacious with a lounge and study, it had three large LCD tv's and two toilets. Walking around the room we could smell mould, it was a very over powering smell. We looked around to see where the smell came from and found a small part of the room (carpet) was mouldy. The couldn't see the whole carpet well because the lighting was poor. The toilet also didn't flush only found out after one of us had done number 2. The room was just terrible because of the mould, the carpet looked disgusting and smelled disgusting too. My daughter refused to stay in that room, who could blame her. It was like a room with cancer. I went down to the reception to complain and was told there were three rooms that I could inspect, they were room 1033, 3033 and 1011 or something like that. All three rooms were big but hygiene standard was quite poor. I looked at the carpet even though the lighting was poor I could still see there was about 1 cm of dust built up along the walls and around the furnature, a sign of poor house keeping. We could smell it in the air it was extremely stale/dusty air. I thought at least it wasn't mouldy so it was a bit safer to breath there.so we decided to take room 1033 and gave up the room from he'll which was 6009. Even their staff told us that he knows 6009 was a very bad room and that level six has very bad room.

I was so disgusted with the hygiene condition of the place that I decided to surf the internet that night looking for another hotel to check in. The room felt so dirty that I wouldn't let my kids take off their shoes while walking around the room. I didn't even open my luggage cause I didn't want any germs or mould spores to infect any of our belongings.

The area outside the lift on our floor was so mouldy. We found that the carpet had mould on it from the left corner of the wall that had spread by about a meter or more and was at least 10 cm in depth, disgusting. If they cannot handle the mould, why don't the just get rid of the carpet, it would'''ve been a lot more pleasant.

My daughter who stayed in room 1033 was so happy when she found out that we were checking out the next morning. We didn't waste any time. We checked out as soon as we woke up. None of us washed our faces or anything because we just wanted to get out of there. My daughter told me that she could sleep on her bed because it it her so itchy. The sheets had lots of what appeared to be brown coffee stains, I don't think they were coffee. She had to use the bath towels to line the bed to sleep on butthat wasn't great either. She was also woken up in the morning with the sound of jack hammer on the level right above her room.

Most of the staff there weren't friendly either. The us a plague hanging behind the reception showing 'world most luxurious hotel, luxury resort'. I thought that was a big joke. I don't know how this hotel got a rating of 5 star, it shouldn't even get two. What universe were they charged on?

I certainly would never stay there again not even fir free. My healthy is worth a lot more than that.

When judging/rating hotels surely the hygiene standard should be take into consideration.

Room Tip: I give this hotel 1 out of 10. Don't stay there.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TanyaTnt

Dear Ms. TanyaTnt

Thank you for staying with us recently and please allow me to offer you and your family my personal apologies for all the unpleasant experience you have endured during your stay. I have read all the valuable detailed feedback you have provided for our continuous improvement and processes and I would agree that we have badly failed to deliver to our promises on this occasion and I would share the disappointment with you.
I have shared this feedback with the department concern to place corrective and disciplinary measures working with our Training Department, despite having overall marred impression of the hotel I seek that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Palace of the Golden Horses and please contact me on my directly email add: rmenzies@pgh.mines.com.my

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just came from overseas and thought of going for holiday, so i planned to stay in Palace to feel the accommodation in it, im a food lover, i love to eat variety of foods. firstly i have to thank to Mr. Sahril Front Office Manager who gave me complimentary breakfast. it was great breakfast for 2 night stay. the accommodation also was great where i got a lake view room which was in level 8 and it was perfect guys. Thanks alot will come soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came and stayed for 2 nights and it was amazing to say that this hotel gave me comfort as im in my house. i would like to thank to housekeeping and also reception who fulfilled all my request .Thanks to Mr. Prathep Nayar who gave me complimentary suite room which i did not aspect it. i enjoyed the complimentary shuttle service to KLCC. My wife enjoyed the water taxi to the Mines shopping Mall and it worthfull paying RM 16 for it....I hope you guys can carry on by adding more and more activities in the hotel...Thank you Palace Of The Golden Horses for your service. We definitely will come back...

Room Tip: get lake view or garden view because it very quite and peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple