Palace of the Golden Horses
$63
$56
Trip.com
  • Pool
Sun Inns D'mind 1(Sri Kembangan)
$14
Mangga Hotel(Sri Kembangan)
$20
$19
TripAdvisor
KK Hotel Equine(Sri Kembangan)
$21
EST Equine(Sri Kembangan)
All reviewsfree shuttlekuala lumpurchinese restaurantkim mawedding dinnermines resortluxurious hotelcoffee housegrand salonlobby loungedeluxe roomlake viewmines shopping centregolf courseboat ridecarouselstatues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

5 star hotel... Yeah right!!!! My family and I decided to stay here because my mum had booked it with RCI!! Worst 3 days of my life! It took ages from the airport to the hotel! Upon arrival I must admit it looks quite grand, but don't be fooled! Upon check in there was a whole list of problems... In just my room was a leaking fridge, no hot water, our lamp was not working nor was our telephone to call room service to fix the hot water problem! I went down twice to complain about it and was sent the maintenance man twice... Who didn't look at anything, instead tried to convince me the water was hot instead of actually doing his job! When I finally got a new room it was 2 am and it was no better! Plus it had ants in the bed so I was eaten whilst I slept! I don't know how or why people would rate this hotel excellent but it is anything but a 5 star hotel!! Stay anywhere but here!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gabriella W
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I have been staying at this hotel this week and I had to come on here and warn everyone not to stay here. As previously said, the hotel looked promising when checking in, all the grandeur that a 5 star hotel has, however the service is so bad, i'd rather take my chances in getting quicker, quality service from a local market than this hotel.

With 3 couples and myself staying in four of their rooms, there were a myriad of slip ups in the services ranging from no hot water, missing phone to leaking fridge, leaking aircon, and generally inefficient servicing of the rooms. It is a pity because the hotel itself and its rooms are so beautiful, its a shame that the service and staff let it down so.

A note to the staff: I hope for your sake, you guys pick up your game because if you don't, I'm not sure you'll have any customers left, let alone a job.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yasmine W
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our December KL trip. I expected a lot more from this hotel. We will not go back again.
From the very first moment we arrived the customer service was absolutely zero. They couldnt give me interconnecting rooms saying a/c was not working. they gave me room opposite but it wasnt twin beds. My reservation clearly stated interconnecting with twin beds (for my kids). so they brought in a rollaway bed. What the! they promised next day will get it fixed and move us to a different room or floor. Not likely I didnt hear back from them at all the next day.
the room they gave me and my husband had NO towels. Was there even housekeeping? I rang for towels. I checked for the ironing board as we needed one straight away. No iron board either. I rang again. they said will bring one to you straight away. Not likely try 3 hours later. and 2 more phone calls later. My husband who had to leave a day before us booked a taxi for 5am next day. they were supposed to call him but guess what they didnt and they didnt even have the taxi booked. What the!
Do not stay at this hotel. 5 star hotel. I dont think so. rubbish customer service inefficient staff. terrible housekeeping. Management should look at their staff closely there was no organisation at all.

Room Tip: Dont bother staying here!
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank siti r
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent 4 days in this hotel attending a conference. It is chaotic and huge without the grandeur. It is a tired, sprawling establishment, with a terrible gym, small pool, mediocre food (despite the 3-4 restaurants), no easy choices for outside activities except by driving or taking a cab, and a huge adjacent golf course for the lovers of this sport. Jogging through the golf course early in the morning, before the humidity becomes unbearable, is about the only nice activity one could engage in.
Also, paying a bit more to get a room on the 4th floor which gives you access to the private dignitaries' club, may be helpful because the staff is very attentive and one can have breakfast and afternoon tea in peace and quiet.
Unless there is a specific reason to stay in this place that is so far away from KL and the airport, don't!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Arlingtonian2011
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed there for 6 days through my RCI membership even though it was a 40 minute drive into city centre it was not a taxing drive the hotel provides half hourly drop services and is very convinient
the food is good and there is a great pool to relax the whole day connected to a shopping mall as well
All this hotel needs a smart spend with some spruce up and update and my rating for this property would change

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family