“Dim Sum at Kim Ma Restaurant”
Review of Kim Ma Restaurant

Kim Ma Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Sri Kembangan
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I love food and since weekend was around the corner I started planning for my weekend eating spree. I came across a promotion in Palace of the Golden Horses (POGH) via my friend’s facebook page. It’s on Dim Sum and to my surprise the price is quite reasonable for a 5 Star hotel. It’s RM9.50 per portion! The last I had in PJ was RM6. So I decided to give it a try. I visited POGH on Saturday, 8 March and I was mesmerized by the ambience. I expected a typical Chinese restaurant but in contrary, it’s very modern and elegant in terms of their interior design.
My family and I had our dim sum and it was good. There were many types of dim sum to select from including Chef’s signature and also healthy dim sum. The presentation was nice and the taste was up to mark. What amazed me most was, POGH actually have a resident magician to entertain us while we have our dim sum.
I would definitely recommend you to experience the food and atmosphere at POGH. It’s surely value for money; with a magician, beautiful ambience and most importantly nice food.

1  Thank hk1616
There are newer reviews for Kim Ma Restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2013

i went to Kim Ma Restaurant during Chinese New Year for my family reunion dinner. The reason i chosen this restaurant is highly recommended by my friends.

Overall restaurant mood is very contemporary, the condition has been well maintained and clean. Great food with great services. Waitress are serving with polite and friendly.

one of the most amazing thing about this restaurant is that the creativity of the chefs in Kim Ma.
Dishes was using seasonal ingredients, cooking style is much different compare with others high end Chinese restaurant.

Great food serving with great service, will recommended to my friends and relative for visit Kim Ma Restaurant.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the second time I am staying at Palace of The Golden Horses hotel. A great relaxing hotel. Unknown to me, they have this marvelous restaurant. I was strolling around, hungry. Without a car, it's really hard for me to go somewhere else for a lunch.

Thus, I resort to trying Kim Ma restaurant. They have varieties of food but my choice of food is always limited. I always order my favorites and I did again. Man, they are quick. Great. I am hungry.

The way they cook my dishes is just the way I like it. Healthy and tasty. Overall, I think I am paying very little for great food in a nice, clean restaurant. It is so convenient as I am staying here, in the hotel.

Really would like to recommend this place to everyone who would like to try out fantastic Chinese food. The staffs are all very attentive and their smile is really natural. From their heart. Try this restaurant.

1  Thank FongSaiYuk
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was recommended restaurant from a business partner in KL to tred out Cantonese foods. it was so great that had been years i had never tried most tastefully food ever after the PEKING DUCK in this restaurant. the backdrop and decor was so chinese feels like back to homeland in china...

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was a rush trip in KL city center with my partner. We were looking for a good Chinese cuisine after the meeting with clients. And, we decided to drop by the Palace of the Golden Horses to have our lunch at Kim Ma Restaurant.

I have been heard about this restaurant from one of my friends, and knowing that it is quite a nice place. It really surprise me when we walked in the restaurant. It is nicely decorated with golden and reddish interior. Feel like walking into a ancient palace in China...haha. Sounds cool right?

The waiter ushering us and pick a nice seating place for us. Feel warm because they can communicate well in Cantonese and English too.

Actually I am quite particular in Chinese cuisine because there are lots of good Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong. But, tell you what...this restaurant serves really good Chinese food. No wonder my friend ask me to pay a visit her before the trip. I like the combination of fusion and traditional cuisine that always surprise me. Oh ya...and the yummy deserts too.

Definitely will come back again if I am coming to KL. And, may consider to stay at this hotel because the architectural looks cool. Will share with you guys my experience next time yar.

The restaurant located at the strategic location, because we able to drop by the shopping mall nearby to get ourselves something before heading to the airport.