“Over priced room, nice restaurant...”

Beltana Hotel-Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lindisfarne
Adelaide, Australia
“Over priced room, nice restaurant...”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the restaurant area and the food was really nice and creative. The menu was quite different to a lot of places I have been lately and would easily go back for the food. Unfortunately we went on Sunday and it shut at 3pm.

However, we also stayed a night upstairs. While the room was comfortable enough it was nothing special. Outside our window was a nice view of the ducting system, which can't always be helped but still impacts on the overall experience. The room was quite old and tired looking so hopefully, if they rake in a bit more cash, some renovations can be made.

It is easy for early morning airport journeys and not far from Hobart. We payed $100 for one night, in my opinion this is over-priced for what you get in return for your money. I would only stay again for one night and for no more than $70.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MBonChat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had been to the Beltana Hotel before and it was a little run down, but the owners have spent some big bucks and given the hotel and dining area a huge face lift.
The dining area is really nice, with good views out over the river and the Tasman Bridge. The roof in part of the dining can even be opened weather permitting.
We were quite impressed with the menu and the wait staff were really on the ball and gave the place an "I want to come back feel".

The food was really good and a reasonable helping and good value for the money.

The only negative thing was that we found it quite noisy, but it was packed full, so I guess you couldn't expect too much else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mornington Peninsula
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Last minute decision to call in on a Friday night....all tables were reserved however Leigh managed to find us a table for 2 anyway
Menu really out of the norm in what you generally find in a hotel
Great choices and even though they were working to capacity wait from order to table was not too long

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Queensland
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A step or 2 up from a pub meal, the Beltana has been beautifully renovated.

With a lovely view of the river and Tasman Bridge, it's a nice spot to sit and enjoy lunch. With solid food, friendly service and a good wine list it's well worth a visit.

The drawback was the weirdly designed menu. First off, it doesn't look like a menu - brown paper folded up on the table. 3 people walked in to have a look at the menu whilst I was there and no-one figured where/what it was. Took the waitress to rush over and show an unfolded one.

Might be a groovy menu doing it that way, but just seems a little non-intuitive (that's my word for "stupid").

And the way the menu was set out means it was rather hard to follow. So "non-intuitive" (!) in fact, that the waitress had to explain it to me. And I'm very, very smart (just ask me).

Aside from that, nice food, friendly service (thanks Moira) and good view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Yesterday I had one of the best lunches I've had for a while and I've been having some pretty good one.

What was different was that it was DIFFERENT. Imaginative menu catering for any taste. Generous but not huge serves. Why hotels feel they have to turn us into gourmands rather than gourmets I don't know.

We started with the freshly baked bread with both garlic and black truffle butter - I could have dined on that alone!

We then shared two small serves on a Board. That is a lovely Board of tapas size serves. We had the Ocean with some of the best salmon and calamari I have ever had. The prawns though were a bit of a disappointment - they had that frozen taste some times found in prawns. Our other Board was one with Middle Eastern dips - really interesting and while I'm sure those of Middle Eastern descent may not have totally appreciate the mixture we certainly did.

And to end Bombe Alaska - makes me want to go to Alaska. Yummy.

I really want to go back and try more from the unusual, both in presentation and variety, menu

If you are in Hobart do yourself a favour.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a find........fantastic food, great, friendly service, but don't forget to make a booking, it is very popular. Cannot wait to go back to Tasmania to have another wonderful meal here. Try the "Ocean Board".......beautiful!

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We dined here shortly after the renovations were completed, and were very disappointed in the food, service and lack of value for money. Now, months later, we revisited and were not disappointed. The service was attentive but not fawning, the food was excellent. We will definitely go again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindisfarne
Orana House Heritage Bed & Breakfast
Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport
City View Motel
City View Motel
#1 of 1 in Montagu Bay

Been to Beltana Hotel-Motel? Share your experiences!