“Excellent”

't Vliethuys Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zwijndrecht
't Vliethuys Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Zwijndrecht B&B and Inns
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have stayed at 't Vliethuys three times and have always enjoyed a warm welcome. The bedroom and bathroom are comfortable and manually-operated heaters keep them nice and warm, even in November! The house is on a quiet street on the outskirts of Zwijndrecht but it's only a short walk to the town which has a well-stocked supermarket (great for stocking up on Belgian beer etc.!), cafes and restaurants. The nearest tram stop is only 10 minutes walk away and trams run frequently, especially in the mornings. The longest you may have to wait is about 13 minutes but there are also regular buses. By tram you'll be in the historic centre of Antwerp within 10 minutes.

As we like to make early starts we've never had time for breakfast but we were promised a hearty buffet should we like it. There are facilities for making tea and coffee outside the room. Last time we stayed our hosts had to leave unexpectedly before we arrived but arrangements were made for the housekeeper to let us in and our trip was not at all disrupted; this thoughtfulness was much appreciated.

We would highly recommend 't Vliethuys; it's a great base for exploring Antwerp and Belgium and we would happily stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julian W

Families
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I personally had a wonderful visit in Antwerp,Belgium as I was traveling alone on business, both the owners shown me around their gardens and green house and their chickens, I had farm fresh eggs and homemade toast the next morning. Being a tennis fan that I am they also invited me to sit and take in the match and offered a glass of wine, which was more than I expected. However I found it odd that there above my review was not same as I experience with them. Well I sure had a pleasant time, rooms were clean. breakfast was very good. and they made me feel at home with them. Yes I will be back it was a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank annabanana3717
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I'm not into writing reviews so here are some points for you....

The guest house owners....

OK...Lovely people.....But the Lady of the house invited herself along to the Christmas market with us without being asked!Twice!
While we were having our breakfast the following morning she took pictures (without asking) for her photo album...Felt more like crime watch.
She obviously didn't have time for us being there...She seemed busy doing....? We were not shown around and felt like we trespassing in someones home (while they sat and watched TV)I felt like I was a teenager confined to my (horrible) bedroom!

The Room.......

Very, very cold with a wind coming through the window.
Very dull and dark with hideous old worn out furniture. The bed was solid as it was a slatted bed with a foam mattress...I wont even go there about the pillows!!
The fridge was old and discoloured and there were insufficient amounts of tea, coffee and no milk.

The Location......

I would say about a 10-15 min walk into the town. We were there on Saturday and no shops were open. The pubs are very friendly but nowhere to eat after 10pm.
It is a 20 min drive into central Antwerp.

Overall.........

I would say this is a youth hostel type of place...definitely not for a nice comfy weekend away. Would I go back?...NO

• Liked — The breakfast was very good
  • Disliked — The lack of welcoming
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank missesdreynolds

Been to 't Vliethuys Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!