“A Wonderful Meal in Saint Cast!”
Review of Le Jardin Delice

Le Jardin Delice
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut
“A Wonderful Meal in Saint Cast!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you told me in February 2012 that I would be dining at Le Jardin Delice in Saint Cast le Guildo (Bretagne) in May I would have said where? I had never heard of the town and the restaurant was nowhere on my “radar screen”. But, thank goodness that a three day stop in the area on the way to visit relatives in Brest introduced my wife and me to both. And Jardin Delice provided a wonderful dining experience on one of those three nights. The restaurant is in the town of Saint Cat (as the locals call it; no “r”), on a side street, but very near the beach. And I imagine that during tourist season (we were there in May which was heavenly due to the lack of people) the town and the restaurant would be in heavy demand. On this night, however, we were two of only a handful of diners. Which suited us just fine. We were treated like valued guests and the fact that we were not fluent in French was never a problem. Our waitress spoke some English and helped us understand the various courses. We opted for the three course dinner at 26 Euros and added a bottle of very nice French white wine. Total cost of the meal and wine was 72 Euros; which my wife and I considered very fair for the dinner that we had (see photos). I started with an appetizer of Meatballs and Peppers and my wife had Egg and Froi Gras soup (the quality was high and her comment was that she could have licked the bowl). Our main courses were Roasted Scallops with Risotto (my wife) and Brochette of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce (me). Both were cooked perfectly and were thoroughly delicious. For desserts I had my standard (Crème Brule) while my wife opted for a Chocolate Mousse and Meringue specialty. Both were again very nice conclusions to a wonderful dining experience. We did not know about Le Jardin Delice before our trip but we will never forget it. It was a very worthwhile dining experience.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank brooklyn45

Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Undoubtedly best all round restaurant in the village”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I have been holidaying in St Cast le Guildo for over 20 years now and have seen restaurants come and go! However in the last 3 years Le Jardin Délice has never failed to impress. Christophe in the kitchen is a perfectionist and his wife Martine the best hostess you can wish for. Together they have created an oasis (slightly away from the village centre but worth the extra 3 mins it will take you to get there). The covered (heated) terrace is beautifully appointed and will shelter you as much from the sun than the rain (believe me plenty of it in Brittany!!!!). The décor is refined , the service attentive & discreet and the food....... just scrumptious!!!! Christophe's excellent cooking is on the modern side, light, but not too adventurous. Lots of fish of course, beautiful tender meat, and desserts to die for ! Prices are reasonable, especially the lunch time menu (Assiette Gourmande or Grande Salade 9.50€) which will work out cheaper than any "Crêperie" in the area. If you are lucky enough to pass through St Cast, do not miss out on delicious meal at Le Jardin Délice.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank JohnNelson
Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
“Our family dinner table away from home”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

While on a family trip to France we ate her a few times for dinner, the only place we returned to on our trip cause we had to eat there again! Service, fantastic! We were welcomed like old friends coming for dinner. We could barely communicate due to language barriers but that did not stop us from enjoying several delicious dinners. It took time to order and the waistaff and owners were very very patient to be sure we were ordering what were expecting. The best scallops I have ever had in my life! Only problem was there were not enough! If I had a home here, this would be the place I went to all the time! A most memorable part of a great trip! I will never forget it!

• Visited May 2010
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Good food & pleasant staff”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

4 of us ate off the 27 Euro Menu Gourmand in early September 2010 and ended up paying 35 Euros/head inc. pre-dinner drinks & a bottle of wine. Excellent meal, friendly staff, sat outside in their small 'garden' area.