“Excellent value”
Review of Hotel Oasis Corfu

Hotel Oasis Corfu
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Perama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this place having booked one of those holidays for nothing at the last minute and didn't know what we were going to get.....in fact didn't know where we were going until we arrived!

It was a very nice surprise.

For a three star hotel this place is great, well situated and easy to get to with tavernas along the road either side and the views at the back are stunning across the bay

Great atmousphere at night, buzzing but not over the top and very relaxed in the day, the rooms are simple but well presented and for what it is I can't fault it

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vic100Lichfield

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend went to Corfu and booked the Oasis purely on the basis that it was near to the airport and that it was an affordable 3 star hotel. It totally exceeded our expectations! The staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful, they even joined in with the dancing and singing on the 'event' nights!
Our room was always spotless, we had fresh sheets and towels every day and it was surprisingly spacious. We also had a FANTASTIC view of the sea and mainland Greece, though planes did fly past the balcony hourly. However with the door closed at night this didn't affect our sleep at all. The air conditioning was welcome as it was boiling! Also included in our room was a tv and a fridge, which belied the great price at which we booked the room.
In terms of things to do around the hotel Perama is pretty quiet, with a lot of closed down shops etc. There were a few nice-looking restaurants within 5 minutes walk, and 2 convenience stores, which offered 6-packs of water at around 2 euros each which was handy seeing as the tap water wasn't safe for drinking! The buses came frequently going to Achilleon, Benitses and Corfu Town which was quite handy, and opposite the hotel was a car rental place that offered bicycles. This is great for the adventurous as it's about a half hour cycle into Corfu Town!
The hotel itself is affiliated with Lord Travel, who offer fantastic day trips out at great prices. Don't book online! Book at the hotel and save loads of money, Blue Lagoon trip is well recommended
We stayed half board, breakfast was good with lots of cereal, toast and various continental options. I wouldn't say it was an extensive selection but if you're easy going there isn't much to complain about. One morning there weren't any eggs and I asked one of the friendly waitresses and one of the cooks just made me an omelette! Dinners were really nice with frequent 'Corfu Specialties', and there was always a salad with the meal.
All in all if you're after a quiet, friendly hotel which is reasonably well connected to the local attractions the Oasis is perfect!

Room Tip: Top floor has amazing views over the sea and mainland Greece!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank adam a
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughter and I just got back from our 1 week stay in this hotel. We had a wonderful time. We were hoping for a quiet and relaxing break and that is exactly what we got. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, the view from the room (we were on the 3rd floor) was magnificant. The food could have been a bit better, but was adequate for a 3* hotel. There is direct access to the beach, the water is clean, clear and calm. Perfect if you don't like choppy waters and mouthfuls of sea water...I absolutely loved it and spent a lot of time in the water swimming, snorkling and just floating...I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to truly relax by the sea with a good book.....

Room Tip: To get the best from the sea view, choose a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We recommend this hotel, it is a lovely hotel where one is made to feel so welcome. We stayed here for two weeks, our room was very clean with a fabulous view overlooking mainland greece. Thankyou to our cleaner who looked after us so well. The food was lovely and although it was a set menu for dinner in the evening, we did not have the same meal twice, our compliments to the chef, also to alma for her friendly and efficient service. Thanks also to Fabrula ( excuse my spelling ) for her lovely smile and service. Thanks also to anita for all her help and understanding, also keti who was so kind. We will definately be back to see you all. Many many thanks yet again. Gerry and christine ( tena ) cotton

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christine C
Reviewed June 19, 2012

VERY impressed!!!
I originally booked a "bungalow" room but was immediately offered on arrival, a 3rd floor room with stunning views. I should have paid more but it was given with pleasure.
The family really make you feel welcome and nothing too much trouble. Very hard to find in a lot of other places.
I stayed half board and the meals were well cooked and tasty. Simple but effective.
The room was SPOTLESSLY clean and I had fresh sheets every day, lots of towels and good air-con (it was 35c out there!!!).
The location is FABULOUS. You would pay a lot more money in many places for the view. Good access to the sea/beach which was even managed by 2 disabled guests. The deck is gorgeous, nice hearing the sea when sunbathing.
Yes, it is pretty much on the flight path but it did'nt bother me at all (and I really thought it would), quite interesting watching the aircraft comings and goings.
There a quite a few Russian guests here but they were actually quite nice. Been to AI resorts where the Russians dominate and they can be hell when they get on the vodka!!! A very quiet stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a quiet, non resort holiday. There a plenty of buses passing by (north & southbound) and into Corfu town - the fare is E1.50 single and you can get tickets at Reception or the kiosk round the corner.
Many thanks to the family who showed me great hospitality and sorted out a doctor's visit for me when I was taken ill.
Hope to see you in September XX

Room Tip: Ask Keti or Anita on Reception who try & accommodate your requirements.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank notforturning
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is basic - you get what you pay for and there are some excellent deals for this place. However it is clean and well cared for and unless you're going on holiday to stay in your hotel room it is perfectly adequate.

The location of this hotel is perfect for getting into Corfu town - 20 mins on the bus with a bus stop right outside the hotel. There are also bus routes into neighbouring Benitzes, and connections to the rest of the island from Corfu town.

The food at the hotel was terrible - although they did make efforts to provide us with vegetarian food and credit must be given for enthusiasm. There was no greek food on the menu in the evenings but to be fair most of the local restaurants were serving pizza and pasta and not greek food. If you stay here you must eat at KRISTKOS restaurant across the road from the hotel - fantastic food and great atmosphere.

There is no evening entertainment at this hotel and the area of Perama has seen better days with most of the local bars and discos closed down. This was great for me as I was looking forward to a very relaxing break, but the ease of access to the livlier Benitzes means that there are still entertainment options for people willing to go slightly further afield.

The hotel is very close to the airport so there a lot of aeroplanes flying by - this didn't bother me and I quite enjoyed how close they came. I could here them from my hotel at night but not so much so that they affected my sleep.

The beauty of this hotel is the access to the beach - steps directly from the hotel down to a private beach area where we were able to lounge about in peace everyday. The views from the bedrooms of nearby Pontokonisi (mouse island, which is in walking distance) are stunning.

I would definately return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - it is stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Fantastic Hotel run completely by the family, nothing too much trouble. Fabulous sea view room, basic & clean, towels & room cleaned every day. Breakfast was continental but very adequate. Great bay for swimming, crystal clear waters and the "poop deck" as we affectionately called it was great for sunbathing suspended over the sea. would DEFINITELY return. If you are only staying B&B then you must eat at KRITIKOS restaurant right opposite the Hotel, we only went there on the last night.....BIG mistake, perfect host. Really need a car as walking is a bit "hairy" locally due to lack of footpaths, try Corfu plus car hire in Benitzes, nothing too much trouble for them, pick you up, drop you off, run by Greek man & ex St. Helens Girl, very honest couple.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MonacoJoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perama
Aeolos Beach Resort
Anita Hotel
Anita Hotel
#3 of 9 in Perama
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa

Been to Hotel Oasis Corfu? Share your experiences!