“Loved it”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2016

The twonly best things about Toto is the pizza's and the ambiance, together with the fabulous location in historic Montvale. Eating at Totos is like eating in an old book Shop out of the early 20th century, it's quaint and inviting and so different from the typical Pizzaria's you will find in Palermo. The menu is extensive, wine list adequate and a good range of beers. So when in Palermo put Toto's on your to do list, you won't regret the experience.

1  Thank Mike C

Reviewed October 22, 2015

Excellent ingredients but sadly not a crispy base which to me is what Classic Italian pizza should be all about. Disappointing.

Reviewed July 30, 2015 via mobile

I have been in this place after reading tripadvisor reviews and I was delighted since the first moment I arrived there with my partner. The pizzeria is in a quite area close to the stunning Duomo. When you get in you are welcomed by an explosion of colours, books on the shelves and paintings all around the two dining rooms, different furniture for shape and colour which match together perfectly. You feel straight away you are back in a place which your imagination had always pictured in your mind. The food is delicious, authentic Sicilian tastes, It was difficult to choose something as everything looked (and tasted) gorgeous! The owner and the waitress were really polite and kind and make you feel at home. Overall it's a lovely location, fantastic food, charming atmosphere. You should definitely visit it!

1  Thank MissMandarino
Reviewed July 17, 2015

Being a Sicilian living in London I sometimes struggle to find good italian food through the year, therefore when I go back to Sicily on holiday I try to pick the best spots.
What an amazing place!

Pizza is nicely cooked, with fresh ingredients and the option of having 'half and half' in case like me, you can't decide which pizza you like.
the pizza is cooked with the darker kind of flouer (farina di rimacinato) and that's why it tastes so nice and so different.
Pizzas are't greasy or too huge and that allowes you to fully enjoy it without feeling overwhelmed.
the restaurant is lovely! covered in books, very clean and very friendly staff.
I've also tried 2 desserts, the chocolate cake and the almond parfait. The latter was definetely my favourite and I highly recommend it!
I didn't have starters cause I was scared I wouldn't finish my pizza otherwise but by looking at the tables nearby they looked very tasty!
For a pint, a pizza and a dessert I paid a bit more than 15 euros, which is pretty good I'd say!

I had to go back once more before heading back to England cause I was very addicted to that pizza. Cannoit wait to go back over xmas!

2  Thank Maria D
Reviewed April 23, 2015

Caponata and involtini de carne to start was quite good - chefs mate had to go out to buy the involtini which was amusing.
The pizza oven was a traditional one and the pizza was quite good if a little on the thick side for my taste - I didn't finish mine but my wife did (she rarely leaves anything). The service was efficient but not friendly - maybe the manager was having a bad week. Decor is interesting, there are books everywhere.