“Wonderful local restaurant.”

Ranked #9 of 66 Restaurants in Monreale
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2016

This restaurant came highly recommended and we know why. This was the best meal we have had in Sicily. We took the bus up to Monreale on our 33rd wedding anniversary. The place is located on a square with a fountain. There is inside and outside dining. The menu is lovely. The food freshly prepared local cuisine by chef Benne. The owner and his son as well as the chef visited with us during and after the meal. The appetizers of Sardines, the pasta and fish were all cooked to perfection. The meal was complimented by a superb house wine of Mandrarossa Cab. Sauvignon. The Panna Cotta for desert was equally lovely. What a great meal.

Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

During our stay in Monreale, we visited Taverna del Pavone twice. The first time we had fillet of veal with contorni. Delicious and with a very good wine choice that we were recommended (Sicilian of course). The second time we had "pasta con le sarde", a very genuine sicilian dish. Once again we asked for advice regarding wine and the recommendation was magnificent.
Very good food, pleasant service and nice price level.
I strongly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 24, 2016

Still, I believe, the only Michelin restaurant in Monreale, the cooking here is indubitably Sicilian but with original twists which refresh a palate tired by some more routine places in Palermo. I would particularly recommend the pastas with nuts and gorgonzola which I enjoyed at a long lunch in the company of a really compendious wine list featuring several Sicilians I had hitherto not come across. Of the wines I already knew, the versions here were more refined and slightly cheaper than in the big city. So was the food, so that our bill was acceptably moderate. A nice place in a delightful little piazza only a few steps from the main sights.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

We spend the night at Monreale after touring the Cathedral and the Collegiata plus surroundings.
This place was recommended by our host at the B&B La Collegiata.
She was right, a fancy place opened his door to a evening. Soft atmosphere, soft music in background, nice decorations in the walls, and mainly, smelled good :).
We ordered 2 fillets, one with the nero d'Avola wine and the other with the almonds (picture did not come out good).
At about 2030 the place was about fully populated, they also serve great pizzas, I smelled great odors and seen great pizzas matching at other tables.
What I did not like, tables a bit small, and bathroom (same for male/female) needing more frequent care due to the numerous clients, also not accessible for wheelchairs.
For the rest, our fillet was very good, personnel was very kind and professional and kitchen running full power all the time.
Dishes presented with attention and cooked at the same level. At a glance the good variety of dishes were all well decorative and taste not second.
If I will return? Yes, I will, there is more to taste.
BTW: large groups up to 20/25 peoples will occupy majority of the room,
I believe that in the summer they will have tables set on the outside.
Greetings
PP

Reviewed March 22, 2016

We happened to walk by this restaurant and the owner invited us in for lunch. We were glad he did as the food was well prepared and perfect for a not too heavy lunch, as we had hoped. In particular, the stuffed artichoke was delicious.