“Great Lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nelson is the chef at Ranchon Cuba Libre and he cooks those lobsters to perfection! The only downside to Ranchon Cuba Libre is the mosquitoes! The restaurant is on the beach surrounded by bush and trees which is the breathing ground for those buggers. Spray yourself with mosquito repellent and you should be just fine to enjoy your lobster.

2  Thank csonhadora

Reviewed April 12, 2014

During our stay at the Memories Flamenco my husband and myself decided to book the half day excursion to Pilar Beach for 24 cuc each it included round trip transfer to and from lounge chair at Pilar lunch and a couple of drinks after being at Pilar for a few hours it was time for lunch expecting to have lunch there we learned we had to board the bus and have lunch at a different location after a short ride we arrived at the Cuba Libre located close to the Melia and Iberostar I had chose the Lobster which came with shrimp and rice and my husband chose the chicken which also with rice and some fresh greens and tomato slices both meals were very tasty and also a fair size portion a definite must try

1  Thank GS L
Reviewed March 26, 2014

after hearing about this eatery from a fellow tripadvisor we need a little ground work and got directions from a staff member at club cojimar/allegro. had a nice chat with the owner had made arrangements for 4 lobsters for our party of 4. gave a time we would return and we were set. they cook over wood. great size , fresh. I also brought my garlic powder and some butter from the resort. had them put some on while cooking. nice. cold beers and a cool nite setting. the walk back was also good. we had a escort after I told the chef we had more spices to give away back in our room..

1  Thank baileydogKingston
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was great. However, be prepared that the huge lobster tale that they show you on the beach to get you excited is not the same that you receive. In fairness, the tales were much smaller but you do get two on your plate.

Even with that the experience is incredible, just bring mosquito repellant.

1  Thank Jeff I
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

What a nice break from the buffet food at our resort. Worth the money. A large lobster tail, white rice and veggies. Right on the beach, a gem!

1  Thank MartaMToronto